NVIDIA GTX 950 Listed & Pictured [Updated - Gigabyte & Zotac Pictures]

HKZeroFive

The GTX 750 costs about 110€ so why would the 950 cost 150?

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

Ey , you might never know if the 950 is going to have SLI ?!

and so what , if i am going to buy 2-3 of them and SLI them .

i can do it becasue WHY not and F it cuz i can when im shelling out that much cash ( hypothetically ).  

Because it will the price of a 980 if they are 150 each.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

The GTX 750 costs about 110€ so why would the 950 cost 150?

Because it's the newest generation that how it works.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

-

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

-

Just here for the post count?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Just here for the post count?

I typed something and realized it was stupid, but you can't delete the comments you've posted.

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

I typed something and realized it was stupid, but you can't delete the comments you've posted.

Ahh gotcha. I've been there too, more than I care to admit. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

i5 4440 + 950 would make great little gaming rigs for $600.

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

It should equal GTX 760 perfectly, Maxwell has 1.5 performance of Kepler, 768 (Number of cuda cores of the 950) x 1.5 = 1152 which are GTX 760's cuda cores, so it should be at least like 760.

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

i5 4440 + 950 would make great little gaming rigs for $600.

That would be terrible performance out of a 600 dollar gaming rig. Rather get an i3 and a 660 or 270x, honestly could get a 760 or 280 if you tried.

That would be terrible performance out of a 600 dollar gaming rig. Rather get an i3 and a 660 or 270x, honestly could get a 760 or 280 if you tried.

For $600 you could get an i5 + 960 build with a nice H97 board and a Fractal case too.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($176.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97M-HD3 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card  ($184.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $596.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-14 17:28 EDT-0400

Is the 950 for 13 year olds who are too lazy to do 4 months of newspaperounds to get a R9 290, but instead do 2 months for a 950?  :lol:

Putting a 290 in certain HTPCs could be a very silly idea.

Putting a 290 in certain HTPCs could be a very silly idea.

1) Who is talking about HTPC's.

2) Why do people still use HTPC's? Even a banana plays old ancient 1080P movies.

3) The R9 290 is 2 or 3 times more powerfull the 950.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

2) Why do people still use HTPC's? Even a banana plays old ancient 1080P movies.

Not everyone wants a giant tower with flashing lights and 30 fans. The small form factor is appealing if you'd like to have the PC hooked up to your TV, playing games with a controller, while the PC blending into a home theater set up like a console would.

Not everyone wants a giant tower with flashing lights and 30 fans. The small form factor is appealing if you'd like to have the PC hooked up to your TV, playing games with a controller, while the PC blending into a home theater set up like a console would.

My PC is connected to my 4K TV via HDMI #Checkmate

I still don't understand what it has to do with this topic... you guys really like to go offtopic. You don't need a 950 for a HTPC, integraded graphics is enough for 1080P movies.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

My PC is connected to my 4K TV via HDMI #Checkmate

I still don't understand what it has to do with this topic... you guys really like to go offtopic. You don't need a 950 for a HTPC, integraded graphics is enough for 1080P movies.

A HTPC doesn't have to be dedicated to movies. Games.

A HTPC doesn't have to be dedicated to movies. Games.

Ummm.. I play some games on my TV with a Xbox One controller? I don't understand your point.

Who the hell is gonna spend 500$ on a HTPC when you can spend 15$ on a HDMI cable or 50$ on a Steam Link.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Ummm.. I play some games on my TV with a Xbox One controller? I don't understand your point.

Who the hell is gonna spend 500$ on a HTPC when you can spend 15$ on a HDMI cable or 50$ on a Steam Link.

Having your main PC hooked up to your TV means restricting the PC to wherever the TV is, and rendering it unusable whenever games are being played on the TV. If you live alone that is completely fine but if you have more than one person around that gets restrictive pretty quickly.

With the Steam Link you fix the first problem where you can have the PC in a different location than the TV, but the second problem remains in which you cannot use the PC, and a new one arises, namely latency, input lag and whatever other problems are associated with streaming games over a network. There's also the fact that it isn't even out yet.

Having your main PC hooked up to your TV means restricting the PC to wherever the TV is, and rendering it unusable whenever games are being played on the TV. If you live alone that is completely fine but if you have more than one person around that gets restrictive pretty quickly.

With the Steam Link you fix the first problem where you can have the PC in a different location than the TV, but the second problem remains in which you cannot use the PC, and a new one arises, namely latency, input lag and whatever other problems are associated with streaming games over a network. There's also the fact that it isn't even out yet.

Not if my battlestation is in the living room lmao.

Also how could you have delay on ethernet which travels at the light of speed?

What do you mean "you cannot use the PC while gaming" ? The PC still needs to render the game and then streams it over to the Steam Link.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Not if my battlestation is in the living room lmao.

Also how could you have delay on ethernet?

Yeah, your battlestation is in the living room.

The delay on ethernet is negligible but again if the Steam Link is far from your router, routing an ethernet cable may be a tad difficult, and WiFi becomes your only choice.

Yeah, your battlestation is in the living room.

The delay on ethernet is negligible but again if the Steam Link is far from your router, routing an ethernet cable may be a tad difficult, and WiFi becomes your only choice.

Jesus christ... this discussion is pointless. Might aswell get a console if somebody want to get a 950 for gaming. It wil be barely better then the integrated GPU on the 6600K. I'm out

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

This card is ideal for HTPCs, that's why people bring it up, that was the main use the 750 ti had, and of course a 290 is much better, but it's hot and noisy and power hungry, not ideal for a living room, a small case or an SFX PSU. Not because you don't wanna build an HTPC means they are irrelevant, many people have them, sometimes having a huge gaming rig in your living room is not a good idea, i don't get your quest of being always on the defensive and being right no matter what, type something positive for a change, who knows, you may like it...

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

This card is ideal for HTPCs, that's why people bring it up, that was the main use the 750 ti had, and of course a 290 is much better, but it's hot and noisy and power hungry, not ideal for a living room, a small case or an SFX PSU. Not because you don't wanna build an HTPC means they are irrelevant, many people have them, sometimes having a huge gaming rig in your living room is not a good idea, i don't get your quest of being always on the defensive and being right no matter what, type something positive for a change, who knows, you may like it...

If people want to spent an extra 500$ on a extra PC in their house to get a shittyer gaming experience then on their main rig via HDMI, i don't care.

Even on long distances, HDMI to Cat5e convertors have been around for years...

It's like those people complaining about slow internet, yet they use Wi-Fi because they can't rout some cable around the house :) (I did that for a few years, 10Mb/s Wi-fi on a 120Mb/s subscription) 

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Jesus christ... this discussion is pointless. Might aswell get a console if somebody want to get a 950 for gaming. It wil be barely better then the integrated GPU on the 6600K. I'm out

The iGPU in the i7-6700K (supposedly the same one as the 6600K?), GTA V on mind-blowing, crispy 720p low settings.

76305.png