NVIDIA GTX 950 Listed & Pictured [Updated - Gigabyte & Zotac Pictures]

HKZeroFive

The iGPU in the i7-6700K (supposedly the same one as the 6600K?), GTA V on mind-blowing, crispy 720p low settings.

76305.png

Yeah.. let's see how the 950 will compared to a 280X at 179.99$ https://pcpartpicker.com/part/powercolor-video-card-axr9280x3gbd5t2dheoc

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Yeah.. let's see how the 950 will compared to a 280X at 179.99$ https://pcpartpicker.com/part/powercolor-video-card-axr9280x3gbd5t2dheoc

The fucking card is not even out yet! How are you gonna deal when people in the forum start buying it? you're gonna shit all over their builds and be completely useless? Some people like new stuff, some people don't have the extra cash, but they all have one thing in common, they don't have to justify their purchases, not to you, and while we're at it, how's saying 'might as well get a console' an insult to you? why do you give a fuck. If someone is happy with their PS4, let it be! fuck...

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

The fucking card is not even out yet! How are you gonna deal when people in the forum start buying it? you're gonna shit all over their builds and be completely useless? Some people like new stuff, some people don't have the extra cash, but they all have one thing in common, they don't have to justify their purchases, not to you, and while we're at it, how's saying 'might as well get a console' an insult to you? why do you give a fuck. If someone is happy with their PS4, let it be! fuck...

So it is fine if let's say Linus makes a comparasion video between the 950 and 280X or 380 when it comes out, but I'm not allowed to say my opinion? Everyone knows that Nvidia bascially sucks at bang for buck in the budget section. Also if someone has a low budget and they don't want to get a perfectly fine second hand card often with months or years of warranty left, it's their own fault.

Also I honestly don't care if people buy consoles, as long as we PC Gamers don't have to deal with all the shitty childish behavior from gamedevelopers things like unfinished games, day one DLC's and downgrades thanks to their purchase decisions. Nobody complained in the Xbox 360 and PS3 era because the consoles were on par with PC's back then.

But yeah, now i'm starting to get curious about what steps Nvidia is going to make... hopefully it will come out soon.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

For $600 you could get an i5 + 960 build with a nice H97 board and a Fractal case too.

Why H97 board when a cheap H81-B85 can do the job?

I'm serious, you're using a locked, why put that chipset?

Why H97 board when a cheap H81-B85 can do the job?

I'm serious, you're using a locked, why put that chipset?

I put H97 since:

1. H81 and B85 might need a BIOS update before using a 4460, though a 4440 could be used

2. H97 has four DIMMs instead of the two H81 has

3. H97 has front panel USB 3.0, H81 doesn't

4. H97 has PCIE-3.0x16 instead of PCIE-2.0x16 like H81

That would be terrible performance out of a 600 dollar gaming rig. Rather get an i3 and a 660 or 270x, honestly could get a 760 or 280 if you tried.

The 950 would be ok for a year. If you spend on a good real 4 core intel cpu you wont have to change it for 4 years. Spend on a good 4 core intel cpu and buy a better gpu later on.

Its not like you cant game at 60fps on a 950( plus we haven't seen benchmarks).

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

I put H97 since:

1. H81 and B85 might need a BIOS update before using a 4460, though a 4440 could be used

1. I would take the 4440 since the difference is like 0.1 Ghz

2. Some ATX H81 boards have 4 DIMMs, but that's not really required, pop a single stick of 8GB on a 2-DIMM motherboard and upgrade to 16 later IF necessary.

3. Some H81 boards like the MSI H81M-E35 do support front panel USB.

4. https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Impact-of-PCI-E-Speed-on-Gaming-Performance-518/

Does this require PCIe power from the PSU?  The main thing about the 750ti as well was the fact it only ran on power from the PCIe bus, so people didn't need a PSU with PCIe power to use it.

Is the 950 for 13 year olds who are too lazy to do 4 months of newspaperounds to get a R9 290, but instead do 2 months for a 950?  :lol:

Wish my mom would let me do a paper route.. She's to scared I'm gonna get jumped or stolen. I'm 14 and I'm 6 foot 250 pounds. Honestly... How often on the news do you see 14 year old boy stolen.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

1. I would take the 4440 since the difference is like 0.1 Ghz

2. Some ATX H81 boards have 4 DIMMs, but that's not really required, pop a single stick of 8GB on a 2-DIMM motherboard and upgrade to 16 later IF necessary.

3. Some H81 boards like the MSI H81M-E35 do support front panel USB.

4. https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Impact-of-PCI-E-Speed-on-Gaming-Performance-518/

Point #4 isn't a big deal (I myself run a GTX 970 on an H81 board with PCIE-2.0x16), but PCIE-3.0x16 vs PCIE-2.0x16 actually does make a 10% difference in Ryse Son of Rome at 1080p with a 980 (techpowerup benched it in their PCIE scaling article). But for the vast majority of games it's like 0.5% difference.

I put H97 since:

Worth the price difference?

IMO nope. Lots of H97 boards are "gaming" branded with stuff that you don't actually need, but you pay an extra for it.

My B85 board works the same as my friends Z87, and just like a friends H81 board.

That's something nice about Intel, you get good performance no matter what chipset (in most of the cases, i'm not considering overclocking of course)

Worth the price difference?

IMO nope. Lots of H97 boards are "gaming" branded with stuff that you don't actually need, but you pay an extra for it.

My B85 board works the same as my friends Z87, and just like a friends H81 board.

That's something nice about Intel, you get good performance no matter what chipset (in most of the cases, i'm not considering overclocking of course)

The extra DIMMs, SATA6 ports, front panel USB 3.0, and PCIE-3.0x16 probably make H97 worth the extra $15-$20 over H81 in my opinion. I use H81 since I had a board from a nongaming build I was previously using and $65 vs $0 was an easy choice to make.

Wish my mom would let me do a paper route.. She's to scared I'm gonna get jumped or stolen. I'm 14 and I'm 6 foot 250 pounds. Honestly... How often on the news do you see 14 year old boy stolen.

Typical Murica only fears...

Are they gonna steal your newspaper and leaflets and help you with them? Damn those are some nice criminals there  :D

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Surely you can get a job as a cashier at the local supermarket or serve at a fast food restaurant? Pays better as well.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Surely you can get a job as a cashier at the local supermarket or serve at a fast food restaurant? Pays better as well.

At 14? Nope... Paper routes or family owned businesses are my only hope. I've somehow scrambled up $400 which is a start.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

At 14? Nope... Paper routes or family owned businesses are my only hope. I've somehow scrambled up $400 which is a start.

Ah, here we have kids young as 13 working at department stores, fast food restaurants and cashiers. Employers don't have to pay as much (because minimum wage doesn't apply to them), but they still get a solid $10 or so an hour. I used to work twelve hours, earning $150 per week as a cashier in the local supermarket. Usually spent it on CS:GO skins. Well worth the effort :P

On a side note, the post has been updated with Gigabyte and ZOTAC Non-Reference 950 cards.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Ah, here we have kids young as 13 working at department stores, fast food restaurants and cashiers. Employers don't have to pay as much (because minimum wage doesn't apply to them), but they still get a solid $10 or so an hour. I used to work twelve hours, earning $150 per week as a cashier in the local supermarket. Usually spent it on CS:GO skins. Well worth the effort :P

On a side note, the post has been updated with Gigabyte and ZOTAC Non-Reference 950 cards.

Yah wish I could get some job. These child,labor laws are stupid if I wanna work I should get to work.

I've heard that NVIDIA is developing the GeForce GTX 950 Ti, going to wait for that and see if I should get that or this.