Should I crossfire?

Radec

Hey guys I have a 7950 and I want your opinion should I crossfire it? I want to be ready for battlefield 4.

7950 will do just fine for BF4, the game isn't more demanding than BF3

@ 1080p The 7950 (my predictions and patterns of hardware) You should be able to play BF4 at atleast high and still get 50-60+

But with the new drivers that greatly deduced the bad frame pacing with crossfire, why the hell not? :)

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Wait for 9k series. Then decided if you want to crossfire with lowered 7950 prices or jump to 9k.

+1

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

7950 should be enough for BF4.

If it isn't or you still need more power, then I would advise you to buy something from the upcoming 9000 series, rather than Crossfiring.

I was thinking the same thing and I think im going to look at the prices for the 9000 series, if they are too much ill buy another 7950, if there not too much and perform well, ill sell my 7950 and get a new 9000 series card.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

When would the 9000 series be coming out?

When would the 9000 series be coming out?

Late October, I believe 

Sometime this year

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The reason why I wanted to crossfire is BF4 seems to be geared a bit more for AMD and I guess would maximize the crossfire experience.

Game optimizations aren't going to do much for PCs. Updates will be released for the game and drivers will be updated on NVIDIA's side to improve performance. Sure, it might be better at first, but as I said, game and driver updates will be released to improve performance on NVIDIA's side.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Like said above, wait for the 9000 series to come out and buy a 7950 for cheap. (cheaper than it already is)

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The previews I've seen so far of bf4 don't look all that much better than bf3 did, so I think you'll be fine. These new "next gen" games still have to cater to consoles, which are still behind PC's so we should all be perfectly fine with current gen hardware.  If you do want more wiggle room, then get an extra 7950 or see if there's a ~300$ card that benefits you more when the 9000 Series comes out. 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

If you are not pleased with the performance wait for 9XXX series, if you are pleased no.

Wait for 9k series. Then decided if you want to crossfire with lowered 7950 prices or jump to 9k.

Speaking of the 9k series any idea when i could come out. I need a single gpu and i dont know whether to save up for a 760 or wait til 9k

wait until BF4 comes out, and play it. that'll be the only way to find out. by then, prices could only have come down and you may not even need one!

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

You might even get BF4 with the purchase of your 9K series card if you wait long enough.

Speaking of the 9k series any idea when i could come out. I need a single gpu and i dont know whether to save up for a 760 or wait til 9k

It's coming out in September, I'd personally would wait for 9k series

for this thread, since you have a 7950 just CF it because buying a new and different card will be pointless, just CF the 7950 now and wait a decade to upgrade...

It's coming out in September, I'd personally would wait for 9k series

for this thread, since you have a 7950 just CF it because buying a new and different card will be pointless, just CF the 7950 now and wait a decade to upgrade...

Thank you gives me some time to save 

7950 will do just fine for BF4, the game isn't more demanding than BF3

That's what YOU think. But you're wrong. BF4 is an extremely demanding just like BF3 when it came out. You need more than 2GB VRAM at 1080p to run at max settings.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

That's what YOU think. But you're wrong. BF4 is an extremely demanding just like BF3 when it came out. You need more than 2GB VRAM at 1080p to run at max settings.

BF4 uses the exact same engine as BF3 with few modifications... It won't be a lot more demanding than BF3, looking at the gameplay, doesn't look any better. 

Oh, and I lol'd at "more than 2GB VRAM at 1080p" tell me where you're pulling this info from

BF4 uses the exact same engine as BF3 with few modifications... It won't be a lot more demanding than BF3, looking at the gameplay, doesn't look any better. 

Oh, and I lol'd at "more than 2GB VRAM at 1080p" tell me where you're pulling this info from

It's running Frostbite 3 and BF3 runs Frostbite 2, I don't know what you are talking about "same engine with a few modifications" .... the reason the game looks so similar is because BF4 was in development when BF3 was being made, the team sort of split off. Also, you can't say if a game looks good through your monitor. The first gameplay mission you saw was running with a 7990. Battlefield 4 will be the new "but can it run crysis?"

Crysis 3 uses more than 2GB vram at 1080p and BF4 is a newer game with even more intense graphics. So you need more than 2GB to run battlefield on its max settings at 1080p

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.