Editing raw RED 4.5K footage- GTX 980 Ti vs Quadro K4200

After more than a week of googling, I'm stumped.

I edit and colour grade raw RED 4.5K footage, and am looking to upgrade my monitor and GPU. I use Adobe CC apps, so CUDA and/or OpenCL are a must. Currently, my GTX 750 Ti is doing surprisingly well, allowing play and scrub through the 4.5K footage at 1/4 resolution.

The display I'm looking at is the LG 31MU97, with Cinema 4K (4096x2160) resolution and true 10-bit colour depth. However, in case the GPU can't handle it, I could get the HP Z27x with 2560x1440, 10  bit colour.

So the question: What GPU to get!

It really annoys me that the GTX cards can't output 10-bit colour- it's just a driver issue as far as I can tell.

As far as I can tell, I can get:

GTX 970 /Ti

GTX 980 /Ti

Quadro K2200

Quadro K4200

This is the summary I made. Is there anything else I need to consider? I can't see a clear winner.

vldbtXR.png

Any recommendations?

How important is 10-bit color depth to you?

Instead of the HP monitor, try an ASUS PB287Q, its about half the price, 10-bit, 4K 3840x2160, and measures 28" diagonally

And there is a Quadro K4200 on Newegg for about $789 USD

How important is 10-bit color depth to you?

Instead of the HP monitor, try an ASUS PB287Q, its about half the price, 10-bit, 4K 3840x2160, and measures 28" diagonally

And there is a Quadro K4200 on Newegg for about $789 USD

A TN monitor for color-grading, are you serious?

10-bit isn't as important as colour gamut and colour accuracy. I'm seriously considering a GTX 980 Ti with the same monitor, and then a separate video out card like the Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro 4K (though that only does 30Hz). However, I can't find any that are much cheaper than a Quadro or FirePro.

So: How about a GTX 980 Ti in the SAME MACHINE as an AMD FirePro W7100, where the GTX is used for CUDA cores and the FirePro is display out (as it supports 4K, 10-bit, 60Hz).

Can you even run those in the same machine? What would happen? I really (really really) don't want to get a $620 FirePro shipped to me only to find out it's not compatible alongside NVIDIA cards.

They use separate drivers though.

Anyone got any ideas? Is anyone crazy enough to try it?