Does water all taste the same to you?

TroubleKlef

I frequently hear this from a variety of people. That all water tastes the same and you'd be crazy to spend money on a bottle of water and even crazier to buy one of the more expensive brands.

I've grown up with well water and don't like the taste of tap water. Regarding bottled water, Arrowhead is the only brand that comes to mind that I really don't like the taste of. Thots?

I don't like tap because it never gets cold enough. I like my water near frozen like our mini fridge does. Our tap is also super old, and never gets cleaned so the water tastes really weird coming out of it.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Bottled water always had a bitter aftertaste to me, and therefor I prefere tap water. Most likely, this has do with the water being in the bottle for longer, than I would like.

Bui it all depends on where the tap water is from. Tapwater in the US usually tasts like swimmingpool water and the same goes for tap water in larger cities in Europe and Asia.

In those cases, I drink bottled water. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I prefer most bottled water to anything out of a tap. Most tap water tastes like garbage.

I don't like the taste of Dasani or Aquafina water (or any distilled water for that matter)

I do like bottled water, because I find it to be the coldest and doesn't really have a "different" taste to it.

I don't like tap because it never gets cold enough. I like my water near frozen like our mini fridge does. Our tap is also super old, and never gets cleaned so the water tastes really weird coming out of it.

We have a container in the fridge with a spout we store ours in.

Some bottled waters have a "Sweet" taste to me. I prefer tap, chilled.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

They all taste the same in my opinion.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Bottled water always had a bitter aftertaste to me, and therefor I prefere tap water. Most likely, this has do with the water being in the bottle for longer, than I would like.

Bui it all depends on where the tap water is from. Tapwater in the US usually tasts like swimmingpool water and the same goes for tap water in larger cities in Europe and Asia.

In those cases, I drink bottled water. 

I get the same bitter after taste with Arrowhead. That's the chief reason on why I'm not really a fan of it.

We have a container in the fridge with a spout we store ours in.

Some bottled waters have a "Sweet" taste to me. I prefer tap, chilled.

We have a similar thing, a filtered pitcher, but we don't use it. I'm fine with any water as long as it's not warm tap water. I'm fine with warm bottled water though for some reason.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

All water tastes different to me. I don't like the taste of tap water. Brands like Ozarka and Dasani have a weird after taste to them that I don't like. I also like my water to be ice cold.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Where I live the tap water is a lot more cleaner than a bottled water and yes.. it taste different. But sometimes they put chlorine for cleaning in it from bacteria (it is still drinkable but you can tate the chlorine).

However bottled water can be dangerous to drink too as the chemicals from the plastic bottle may get into it under some conditions.

I prefer mineral water however. And best from the source (which there is plenty of nearby where I live).

tap water tastes different due to pipes and such

bottled water tastes the same to me

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

I prefer most bottled water to anything out of a tap. Most tap water tastes like garbage.

Agreed. Tap is pretty terrible (at least here in the US). Although it is much more tolerable when really cold.

I don't like the taste of Dasani or Aquafina water (or any distilled water for that matter)

I do like bottled water, because I find it to be the coldest and doesn't really have a "different" taste to it.

I believe Dasani and Aquafina are just heavily processed tap water along with added minerals. 

it differs. there is some water that kinda leaves a "salty" or bitter aftertaste, only tastes good carbonated and some that only tastes good being still.

Bitfenix Phenom M White | ASUS RoG Maximus VIII Gene | Intel i7 6700K @4.6GHz | HyperX Savage 2800MHz CL14 DDR4 16GB | EVGA GTX1080 SC | Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD 400GB | EVGA SuperNova G2 550W | Windows 10 Professional x64 | Logitech G900, Corsair K70 RGB MXbrown O-ringed, BeyerDynamic DT880 (600 Ω) on Fiio E10K & Samson Meteor | Dell U2715H 27", Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 24", Samsung SyncMaster 931BF 19" | DIY Ambilight

Yes I can taste a difference, but I think it's stupid to waste a plastic water bottle when you could just get it from the tap (provided that water in your country is clean). Also, I think expensive water is just BS.

I use to drink just tap water until a few months ago when the tap water started tasting acid-y and chemical-y so now i prefer to filter my water. I don't drink bottled water because of the high price and it is probably just tap water anyways.

They all taste the same in my opinion.

Actually, i wonder how poop water taste since Jimmy Fallon on Youtube say it tastes very good.

Depends where the water comes from.

I can taste the difference.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Agreed. Tap is pretty terrible (at least here in the US). Although it is much more tolerable when really cold.

I believe Dasani and Aquafina are just heavily processed tap water along with added minerals. 

I've noticed in Florida it's much worse. I think it's because of their different types of sources. If I'm not wrong, they use springs whereas we in Washington use mountain sources.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Yes I can taste a difference, but I think it's stupid to waste a plastic water bottle when you could just get it from the tap (provided that water in your country is clean). Also, I think expensive water is just BS.

The tap water in my city doesn't taste good however I have a 5 gallon jug of water that a fill every week which cost me $1 and it keeps my water really cold and taste good.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

tap water tastes different due to pipes and such

bottled water tastes the same to me

Yea that is true. I think in general its still pretty ass.

Water doesn't taste the same.

The flavour of the water comes from the body of water where it from.

It erodes away the rock or dirt and the small particles of that makes mineral water taste different compared with pure water.

Aquifers have gritty water that tastes bitter because it is from water under the surface that eroded away basins under the ground! 

BOTTLED WATER TASTES THE SAME

not all water tastes the same because i can taste the difference between the water from the tap in the kitchen of my house and the bathroom of my house

First, about bottled water, it does tastes different to me, each and every brand tastes different to me, the worst of them all is Arrowhead, some of the best to me are Mexican Bonafont, Fiji, smart water and Voss. The real taste to me is when you drink it at ambient temperature, I can get all the differences between them, when they are all cold you cannot pick that much of the flavor. 

Having said that, I've never drank tap water, as a born and raised Mexican the only water that I know of is this: 

_MG_5040.jpg

Each morning a car such as this one would come to each street honking the horn selling "garrafones" of water, same applies to Gas, pan dulce, fruits, vegetables, Jehovah witnesses and such.

$_20.JPG