Guys, Haswell 1150 is dead..

I know some of you might be sentimental and all that, but it's time to move on. Recomending an outdated platform for new builds is laughable if you're an enthusiast. Nothing lasts forever(esp. in tech) and this is making you look stupid. Please stop.

And this thread is making you look stupid. Please, stop.

Especially considering that they are still good for the value.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

In some places Skylake hasn't even been released therefore it's not stupid.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

I know some of you might be sentimental and all that, but it's time to move on. Recomending an outdated platform for new builds is laughable if you're an enthusiast. Nothing lasts forever(esp. in tech) and this is making you look stupid. Please stop.

What looks even more stupid is recommending something based on launch date rather than how good it is.

no

>>> Recomending an outdated platform for new builds is laughable if you're an enthusiast. <<<

recommending cas latency 16 2400mhz ddr4 sticks is laughable if ur an enthusiast

(◑‿◐)

and here I am still recomending Sandbridge platform for whoever want to build affordable but powerful computer for gaming

even i5 2300/2400/2500/2500k, i7 2600/k is considered still beast even it's already aging.

no longer produced doesn't mean it's no longer worth to get, specially when you can get it cheap either new or used.

But, you can save money by using older generation parts.... and with Intel sitting on their ass with performance there isn't much to loose either.

nothing really coz its his opinion

What's even the point of this thread

CW9Tspu.jpg

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

wrong, if you can save 40% of the price for only 20% less performance for the newest potatoes. in my opinion its worth it

If you are only gaming getting an 1150 chip is still completely worth getting since there is little to no performance gain in getting Skylake. And saying that Haswell is dead is incorrect.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

I thought about this myself but considering that I can build a new pc with an i7 4790k with 16gb of ram and a r9 390 for about.$1000 seems like a decent deal.

Next platform, LGA 1152, gg Skylake.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Only thing that was "dead" was the 1156 socket.  Haswell maybe reaching the end of it's life cycle, but that hardly means it's time to "move on."  After all... AMD still sells the FX series.  

So there's a Fuckboy anthem, can we make a shitpost anthem dedicated to this guy?

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

This thread makes me want to punch OP in the face.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

And this thread is making you look stupid. Please, stop.

Especially considering that they are still good for the value.

Wow getting personal? LOL :rolleyes:

In some places Skylake hasn't even been released therefore it's not stupid.

That's true and they are good chips/boards. I'd maybe wait a week or two if you are a performance enthusiast and like having a fresh set of features.

What looks even more stupid is recommending something based on launch date rather than how good it is.

I'm not. Z170 slays Z97. More pcie lanes are good too right?

no

>>> Recomending an outdated platform for new builds is laughable if you're an enthusiast. <<<

recommending cas latency 16 2400mhz ddr4 sticks is laughable if ur an enthusiast

Agreed totally. I run quad channel C15 DDR4 at 3200 myself. Another thing is higher clock = less latency

and here I am still recomending Sandbridge platform for whoever want to build affordable but powerful computer for gaming

even i5 2300/2400/2500/2500k, i7 2600/k is considered still beast even it's already aging.

no longer produced doesn't mean it's no longer worth to get, specially when you can get it cheap either new or used.

I agree 100%. I'm talking about performance enthuists here, not budget gamers.

I'll reply in next post

Uh... No. Its not dead when a skylake i5 will cost me $250, plus another $120 for a Motherboard, and there are no 1151 mATX MB out yet. Plus tack on the cost of DDR4 RAM, comes out to $440. For a marginal increase over Haswell.

I could buy a GTX 980 or 390X for that much. Even a Sandy Bridge can compete with Skylake in gaming. Hmmm, $100 for a 2500 or $440. Yeah, thats a no brainer.

That's true and they are good chips/boards. I'd maybe wait a week or two if you are a performance enthusiast and like having a fresh set of features.

I'm not. Z170 slays Z97. More pcie lanes are good too right?

Agreed totally. I run quad channel C15 DDR4 at 3200 myself. Another thing is higher clock = less latency

I agree 100%. I'm talking about performance enthuists here, not budget gamers.

cas latency 9 2400(ddr3) will have much better latencies then 15 3200  1 cas is equal to 233/266mhz in latencies

(◑‿◐)

(At) OP Why? If you are a enthusiast that gets a kick out of spending a whole lot of money for a small % increased then that's great, but the reality is that it would be stupid if a majority of people did this. Paying an extra $50+ for less than 10 FPS increase is just silly, sure there is a crowd that enjoys this kind of stuff, but its just not economical.

I read this thread. I get out of bed. I walk over to my computer collection. I pull out my Slot 1 system. I plug it in and hook it up to a CRT monitor. I press the button. It turns on....

Nope not dead. People who use the word "dead" to describe the end of manufacturing or older hardware are brain dead. Seriously, use proper English people or just keep your mouth shut.....

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

nope.

But, you can save money by using older generation parts.... and with Intel sitting on their ass with performance there isn't much to loose either.

True. Not everyoone cares about saving money. Some people the like the best and newest thing.

CW9Tspu.jpg

I'm sorry that I rekt your life with this thread. You're taking this as If i directed it towards you. LOL.

wrong, if you can save 40% of the price for only 20% less performance for the newest potatoes. in my opinion its worth it

In my opinion it's not. I didn't know that Haswell Ks are 40% less though which it's not.

If you are only gaming getting an 1150 chip is still completely worth getting since there is little to no performance gain in getting Skylake. And saying that Haswell is dead is incorrect.

True. I just like having the fastest SSD and RAM options, most PCIe lanes etc.. 

I thought about this myself but considering that I can build a new pc with an i7 4790k with 16gb of ram and a r9 390 for about.$1000 seems like a decent deal.

Do it if your happy with that.

Next platform, LGA 1152, gg Skylake.

Of course. Platforms come and go.

So there's a Fuckboy anthem, can we make a shitpost anthem dedicated to this guy?

Man, kids are fanboying over sockets these days. Disgusting.

This thread makes me want to punch OP in the face.

LOL. What state are you in? :lol:

Uh... No. Its not dead when a skylake i5 will cost me $250, plus another $120 for a Motherboard, and there are no 1151 mATX MB out yet. Plus tack on the cost of DDR4 RAM, comes out to $440. For a marginal increase over Haswell.

I could buy a GTX 980 or 390X for that much. Even a Sandy Bridge can compete with Skylake in gaming. Hmmm, $100 for a 2500 or $440. Yeah, thats a no brainer.

I didn't say anything about gaming. I understand now that most users on here are gamers going for the cheapest performance they can get.

This is shitposting, no two ways about it. I'm just waiting for the mods to lock the thread.

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX