The Black Mamba: NZXT S340 + Titan Z (Swiftech GPU+rad expansion)

Muzaik

Hmm it looks like the h140-x won't have an easy time fitting at the top of the case--probably clearance issues with the motherboard (looking at pictures of the case and the s340's compatibility checker led me to believe this).

You could, or course, mount it in front, but that wouldn't work with the radiator space you have to work with. If you have the case already, make a mockup of the radiator and see if an adapter would work so you could mount the radiator on the back.

Wouldn't it be possible to mount the fan outside on the top in emergency cases? I know this is not ideal and I hope to avoid it, but that should be possible right?

Also I think I need to remove the cable management bar to get that huge 60mm radiator up there in the front! parts will arrive this week, will post pictures when I can!

Wouldn't it be possible to mount the fan outside on the top in emergency cases? I know this is not ideal and I hope to avoid it, but that should be possible right?

Also I think I need to remove the cable management bar to get that huge 60mm radiator up there in the front! parts will arrive this week, will post pictures when I can!

I just went over TweakTown's review of the s340 and it looks like that could work (http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/6814/nzxt-source-s340-mid-tower-chassis-review/index3.html). The front cable management bracket might have to be modified to fit such a large radiator, but it looks like you can just drill out the rivets holding it it place without much fuss. Another place the h140x could go is stacked with the 280 in front. Whatever you have to do, the case looks sweet and the hardware you're getting is awesome.

I just went over TweakTown's review of the s340 and it looks like that could work (http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/6814/nzxt-source-s340-mid-tower-chassis-review/index3.html). The front cable management bracket might have to be modified to fit such a large radiator, but it looks like you can just drill out the rivets holding it it place without much fuss. Another place the h140x could go is stacked with the 280 in front. Whatever you have to do, the case looks sweet and the hardware you're getting is awesome.

Cheers mate, I can't wait for this weekend, I'm moving to a new house and that's where all the parts are sent to! :D hoping most of it arrives this weekend for haul photos!

funny story: they mailed me saying the UT60 is no longer available, so I had to reorder and got a ST30, so now I won't have to think about the cable bar. The cooling performance however! Well get to that :D

but it looks like you can just drill out the rivets holding it it place without much fuss. 

It's held in with screws. No drilling of rivets necessary.

Knight Rider - Build Log - NZXTS340 / i7-4790k / R9 390 / Modded Noctuas / AIO Watercooler - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/421049-updated-knight-rider-nzxt-s340-amd-buiildnow-intel-with-modded-noctuas/

Bad news :( Swiftech called and told me the Titan Z waterblock is not available any longer, and they are not sure if they will make more. I can not find any EK-FC Titan Z waterblocks either... so for now I will just have to assemble the PC and run it in a closed waterloop until I can get a waterblock.. Found one on FrozenCPU but the web store is closed down and doesn't let you checkout.. Bummer!

Bad news :( Swiftech called and told me the Titan Z waterblock is not available any longer, and they are not sure if they will make more. I can not find any EK-FC Titan Z waterblocks either... so for now I will just have to assemble the PC and run it in a closed waterloop until I can get a waterblock.. Found one on FrozenCPU but the web store is closed down and doesn't let you checkout.. Bummer!

If you're not dead set for Swiftech you could probably get an ek waterblock

If you're not dead set for Swiftech you could probably get an ek waterblock

actually no, I checked everywhere and all the EK Titan Z backplates are sold out aswell. However I did find a store that sold the swiftech one with a few hours of looking and some help from a friend. But I am not gonna guarantee it's existence before it's in my hands!

Oh BTW, what do you guys think about plastidipping a white TITAN Z logo on the black backplate? Cool idea? not sure if i shud use "GeForce GTX TITAN Z" or just "TITAN Z".

Ur opinions are appreciated!

Downloaded 2 Nvidia fonts and tried some out! What do you guys think?

titan_1.png

titan_2.png

titan_3.png

titan_4.png

Stenciling your back plate could make for a more unique look. I don't know about your experience with Plastidip, but I'd suggest just painting the back plate, otherwise you have to go through this:

Stenciling your back plate could make for a more unique look. I don't know about your experience with Plastidip, but I'd suggest just painting the back plate, otherwise you have to go through this:

Hehe I think he used a stick-on stencil to make it super accurate, like when you use it on cars, which is good but as you could tell in the video, the process of removing it afterwards is alot harder. I'm probably just gonna cut painter's tape or just tape regular paper where I cut out the spots for the letters, in which case I should be able to make a quick and easy logo that can be peeled off if I'm not satisfied. Did you like any of my logo's particularly more than the others by the way?

I'll just have to try and see I guess :) I have white and black plasti dip already so don't think I will be buying paint unless I have to :)

HAUL PHOTOS! FINALLY! :D

Christmas came early! Everything came in the mail today, except the watercooling parts!, here are a few photos!

11855342_10155852283370459_767267934_n.j

So much goodies!

The cooling block for the GPU might take up to 4 weeks before it arrives, so I am planning to test out some plastidipping on my Titan Z! Wish me luck! :D
11897065_10155851163815459_1780101407_n.

Here is a picture of my old editing setup! Already found a buyer, and I am waiting for the Predator x34 100hz acer screen to appear in september :D

11121637_10155851623465459_2013417447_n.

LET'S GET TO WORK!

Where are you getting the 6700k? 

ordered it from a local store in Norway :) I'm a Norwegian! currently in the middle of painting my titan Z, stay tuned for pictures! :D

Here is some more pics! sorry for the rotation failures! (cell camera)

IMG_20150814_194510.jpg

dissasembled the armor on the Titan Z
IMG_20150814_195416.jpg

Putting the rubber corners from the noctua fans, plus the titan Z armor for paint job!
IMG_20150814_202339.jpg

first layer of paint done!
IMG_20150814_203152.jpg

took some sandpaper and removed all the green color on the front (it is grey now, but when the LED turns on it should be bright white!)
IMG_20150814_205844.jpg

waiting for the paint to dry, more pictures tomorrow! :D

Someone drew a big black willy (yes I wrote willy not penis) on the side of one of the electrical outlets, in my old science classroom. They called it the black mamba... my mind went straight there when reading the title :(

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Give them a call and place a phone order! 

Frozen CPU has amazing customer service, and they're quick on the phone right to the point, just have the part number for what you want ready. 

I placed my order via phone in under 10 minutes for 360mm rad grills for my H440 mod

Give them a call and place a phone order! 

Frozen CPU has amazing customer service, and they're quick on the phone right to the point, just have the part number for what you want ready. 

I placed my order via phone in under 10 minutes for 360mm rad grills for my H440 mod

I'll try give them a call and see if they have it! :)

anyway more pictures coming now!

Finished plasti dipping my Noctua fans (the rubber corners were brown), and I successfully reassembled the Titan Z with every screw in the right spot!

Also painted the I/O shield on the back of the titan z to go with the theme (and the krait motherboard also has a black I/o shield!

20150815_100358.jpg

20150815_102514.jpg

20150815_102532.jpg

20150815_102551.jpg

snip

Really nice looking Z, wish i had one, would look balling on 450d and sabertooth :3

s t u f f

Spoiler

i7-5960x | 32Gb 2400Mhz | Titan Xp | Define R6 | Custom Loop

snip

This looks sick!! Totally jealous! Definitely following this to see updates!!

Spent all day mounting and doing stuff! Also realized I am 2 cables short in the right color to my VGA (red cables in the picture).

I will monitor idle temperatures for abit, but I will probably mount my last noctua fan externally with a dust filter on top, shouldnt look too bad! I will update you guys more later! Atleast everything is working now and I just have to wait for my awesome monitor to try it out!

oh btw, here is my youtube channel if you wanna know what I am gonna use this PC for! www.youtube.com/Jnavarsete

20150815_232813.jpg

20150815_232859.jpg

20150816_004616.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! So I don't know if I will find a waterblock for my GPU, so I decided to just finish up without it for now! I also installed a fan outside on the top, and drilled a hole for the wire in the back. I also bought cable combs, but then I realized I had to take off the connector on the end of the cables and I didn't wanna destroy anything! So I just decided that as of right now, my rig is finished! I will update the post if I ever get hold of a GPU block in the future! :) PICTURES! (Also I am still waiting for the Acer Predator x34 curve G sync monitor :)

~

DSC01107.jpg

DSC01108.jpg

DSC01109.jpg

DSC01110.jpg