The Black Mamba: NZXT S340 + Titan Z (Swiftech GPU+rad expansion)

Muzaik

NZXT s340 black + Titan Z (Swiftech GPU+rad expansion)

Hey guys! New member here so treat me nicely! :D I am building a new high end video editing/gaming rig, and this is my first build log, hope you like it! Lets cut to the chase, this is my planned specs, parts are on their way as we speak!

NZXT S340 Black

Intel I7 6700k

GeForce Titan Z (got this one really cheap from a friend! $800)

Crucial Ballistix DDR4 2666mhz 32GB

MSI z170A Krait edition

2x 500gb Samsung EVO SSD

EVGA g2 SuperNOVA 1000W

(Also waiting for the Acer Predator x34 G sync 34" curved monitor!)

All this seems fairly standard for high end components, but here is where it gets interesting! I am planning a custom watercooled loop because of the

Titan's immense heat (not to mention noise), and the s340 doesn't really have alot of radiator space, but I am confident my idea will work:

Swiftech h140-x (dissassemble, recut tubes, include GPU in the loop and add a alphacool ut60 280mm thick radiator in the front).

My plan is to mount the 140mm combi rad/pump/reservoir(from the h140-x) in the top slot, and start the loop from there.

Other parts include:

Swiftech KOMODO Titan-Z water block

Noctua NFA14 static pressure fans for front radiator (PWM controllable)

Corsair AF120 for rear exhaust

8 compression fittings

16/10 clear tubes

Arctic white coolant

Basically the entire system will be PWM controlled except the exhaust vent in the back.

I did a little drawing in MSpaint to make it more clear (Yes I know my paint skills are immense, and no, the case in the picture is not mine).

post-250692-0-69925200-1438984148.jpg

Oh and I am quite OCD on color, I might get some plasti dip for some parts! :D

Anyway! I'll keep u guys posted on my plans! Let me know if you have suggestions or feedback!

How much did you pay for the TitanZ?

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

Maybe make make the top fan an intake two, or make sure the 2 exhaust aren't moving as much air as the front fans are taking in.

It's be better to swap the rear to intake so that the top rad gets more fresh air 

Arvark: I payed aprox 800 bucks for it! :)

Oshino Shinobu:  Only problem is that the rear vent is 120mm and top one is 140mm, so the 140-X only fits there! :(

EDIT: I misread your post! are you sure that will be enough exhaust with only one 140mm at the top for the entire build?

but keep the suggestions coming!

I would avoid ssd raids if possible, they're hardly ideal. Nice grab though, a titan z for 800$ is great!

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I would avoid ssd raids if possible, they're hardly ideal. Nice grab though, a titan z for 800$ is great!

Im just planning regular double sdd 500g, no raids! :) Theyre fast enough! :D

Then why not a single 1tb drive?  :huh:

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Then why not a single 1tb drive?  :huh:

because single 1tb drive was like 120 bucks more, so figured id just make one system disk with games and programs and one storage, videos etc :D

because single 1tb drive was like 120 bucks more, so figured id just make one system disk with games and programs and one storage, videos etc :D

I'm not gonna lie, it's also because of the awesome looks of the double front mounted SSDs ontop of the PSU cage :D

Great price, only reason I suggest 980 Ti instead of 780 Ti/970/980 SLI is because of the 6GB of vram which will become mainstream in one-two years but your Titan Z has 6GB, so no prob.

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Great price, only reason I suggest 980 Ti instead of 780 Ti/970/980 SLI is because of the 6GB of vram which will become mainstream in one-two years but your Titan Z has 6GB, so no prob.

The titan Z has 12 GB, its Dual Core :)

You might aswell do Raid 0 SSD,

Sure Raid 0 can fail and you lose valuable data, but I havent had an SSD fail on me in 5 years.

I currenty use two 256GB MS6 Plextor Drives Raid 0

You might aswell do Raid 0 SSD,

Sure Raid 0 can fail and you lose valuable data, but I havent had an SSD fail on me in 5 years.

I currenty use two 256GB MS6 Plextor Drives Raid 0

I'll think about it! But as I will store raw files and project files for Premiere Pro for my YouTube videos (LINK), I think I'd prefer to stay on the safe side. Should be fast enough anyway!

PS: white and black plastidip ordered! Let's have some fun! :D

Please have some sort of backup for your drives--even if you're not doing raid 0 you're still going to lose about half of your data with a drive failure.

The titan Z has 12 GB, its Dual Core :)

*dual GPU and dual GPUs/SLI don't stack memory, so still 6gb.

Spoiler

*dual GPU and dual GPUs/SLI don't stack memory, so still 6gb.

Hey! Thanks for clearing that out for me, I'm no pro! :) However, on the specs on Nvidia's homepage, it says this:

GTX TITAN Z Memory Specs: Memory Speed 7.0 Gbps Standard Memory Config 12288 MB Memory Interface GDDR5 Memory Interface Width 768-bit (384-bit per GPU) Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) 672

I'm abit confused, why do they write 12GB then? Is it just to inform about the total RAM on the card? Sorry for misunderstanding! :)

Please have some sort of backup for your drives--even if you're not doing raid 0 you're still going to lose about half of your data with a drive failure.

I'll look into that! Thanks :)

No problem! I'm always happy to help people! As you see on the memory interface where it says "768-bit (384-bit per GPU)", it's the same with memory. You phisically have 12GBs of memory, but the contect that gets stored on it getsm irrored between GPU so you only use 6GB effectively, but with DX 12 you might use 12GBs.

Spoiler

If I remember correctly on dual GPUs cards the memory pools together  -_-

No.

Spoiler

Anyhow, Just ordered the awesome Swiftech Komodo-Z waterblock, and it looks soooo good!

Komodo-nv-le-titanzx800.jpg

Can't wait to see all the parts "in person" :)

Thanks for checking out my thread btw guys! I am glad I have talented people around me to comment, because I am probably going to need some help on the way! haha :)

Also just ordered the new Noctua fans with increased static pressure for the front and top rad (damn they were expensive!)

Also they dont mess too much with the color scheme, might have to plastidip those corners though! hehehe

Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC-2000 IP67 PWM

97667_l.jpg

Hmm it looks like the h140-x won't have an easy time fitting at the top of the case--probably clearance issues with the motherboard (looking at pictures of the case and the s340's compatibility checker led me to believe this).

You could, or course, mount it in front, but that wouldn't work with the radiator space you have to work with. If you have the case already, make a mockup of the radiator and see if an adapter would work so you could mount the radiator on the back.

Hmm it looks like the h140-x won't have an easy time fitting at the top of the case--probably clearance issues with the motherboard (looking at pictures of the case and the s340's compatibility checker led me to believe this).

You could, or course, mount it in front, but that wouldn't work with the radiator space you have to work with. If you have the case already, make a mockup of the radiator and see if an adapter would work so you could mount the radiator on the back.

Hey, I don't have the case yet, I am gonna order a new all black case instead, because I am going for a different color scheme, so I have to wait abit longer! Hmm, it will surely be interesting to find out! hehe! :)BTW I have decided to change my project up abit, as the new Intel processors are out, I have editet the post! :) Going for black/white finish!