Origin Gamescom Sale

ACatWithThumbs

I almost bought it, but then again it's still a little too much. Will wait for 66% or 75% off. :)

Nothing is longer then Witcher 3  :P

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Nobody ever has lost a account lmao. What if they bought the key from a official reseller like GreenManGaming or from a Humble Bundle?

I pretty much never buy a new game on G2A because GMG has great discount codes, now for example 26% off every pre-order including Fallout 4 and Just Cause 3.

If you are only buying on Steam, then you might aswell go buy a console because the prices on Steam are bullshit.

Nobody ever lost a account? According to who? It's happened to plenty that I've seen. HB and GMG get their keys legitimately from authorized retailers, G2A is random people. 

Steam has better prices during their Sales than G2A for quite a few games. H1Z1 was $10, it's $13 on G2A now, CSGO was $7.50, $8.50 on G2A, etc. 

How high where you when this was written?

Look who's high. "How high were you when this was written?"

There are people with 200.000 positive reviews and 0 negative they rather take a loss and give you a free key then take damage to their reputation.

You're talking about people who are making G2A their money. G2A will remove a negative review if they want. At the same time, you're talking about people who obtain keys illegitimately, so removing a negative review shouldn't be that hard.

So, greenmangaming is an official reseller but they can give 26% off not even released games?

If Walmart, Target, Steam, or any other company who has these keys wanted to give away a 50% off promo code, they can. They just won't be earning the max amount of money.

If Walmart, Target, Steam, or any other company who has these keys wanted to give away a 50% off promo code, they can. They just won't be earning the max amount of money.

No they can't. Valve cut is 30%. If GMG is able to buy the games for 30% off retail price, that means they only make a 4% profit because they just e-mailed me a 26% promo code a few days ago.I doubt they can get the games cheaper then Valve for Steam itself.

However I didn't buy any game over 15$ on G2A, every new game I buy it on GMG. I almost have 500 games on steam... so except Just Cause 3 and maybe Fallout 4 I won't be buying any games soon (except 1$ humble bundles)

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

No they can't. Valve cut is 30%. If GMG is able to buy the games for 30% off retail price, that means they only make a 4% profit because they just e-mailed me a 26% promo code a few days ago.I doubt they can get the games cheaper then Valve for Steam itself.

However I didn't buy any game over 15$ on G2A, every new game I buy it on GMG. I almost have 500 games on steam... so except Just Cause 3 and maybe Fallout 4 I won't be buying any games soon (except 1$ humble bundles)

Valve's cut is 30%, so then 30% not 50%. GMG wants to grow right now, I don't think the profit means that much. Most people go to them for one game (like JC3 of Fallout 4) and will stick around for a while resulting in GMG earning more overall.

See, the games on G2A that are likely to be fake are gonna be the more expensive ones. No one's gonna go get illegitimate copies of Watch_Dogs and resell them for $2, -$0.75 in G2A fees. The games that are worth it are more expensive ones, such as CSGO and stuff. 

Honestly, I haven't bought from G2A/Kinguin so I can't speak too much about them, but from what I've seen and read everywhere a lot of codes are illegitimate and that's why I haven't bought from there 

Valve's cut is 30%, so then 30% not 50%. GMG wants to grow right now, I don't think the profit means that much. Most people go to them for one game (like JC3 of Fallout 4) and will stick around for a while resulting in GMG earning more overall.

See, the games on G2A that are likely to be fake are gonna be the more expensive ones. No one's gonna go get illegitimate copies of Watch_Dogs and resell them for $2, -$0.75 in G2A fees. The games that are worth it are more expensive ones, such as CSGO and stuff. 

Honestly, I haven't bought from G2A/Kinguin so I can't speak too much about them, but from what I've seen and read everywhere a lot of codes are illegitimate and that's why I haven't bought from there 

I don't know why Watch_Dogs is that freaking low. I bought it around Christmas it was like 4$ for the Deluxe Version too.

Was it sometimes free somewhere?

The game still works, haven't had the chance to play it really...

Edit: Wow the prices are back to 6-7$ now. Imagine if you bought a few hunderd for 3$ then sell for 6-7$ that some easy cash right there  :P

I've sold some of my leftover keys from Humble Bundle on G2A without any problems, but I really get annoyed because they take a 8% cut + 50 cents or something like that

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I don't know why Watch_Dogs is that freaking low. I bought it around Christmas it was like 4$ for the Deluxe Version too.

Was it sometimes free somewhere?

The game still works, haven't had the chance to play it really...

Edit: Wow the prices are back to 6-7$ now. Imagine if you bought a few hunderd for 3$ then sell for 6-7$ that some easy cash right there  :P

I've sold some of my leftover keys from Humble Bundle on G2A without any problems, but I really get annoyed because they take a 8% cut + 50 cents or something like that

Watch_Dogs was as low as $1.50 once, and now it's back to $5. That's weird. Watch_Dogs wasn't free afaik. Apparently Watch_Dogs, Far Cry 4, and Assassin's Creed Unity weren't illegitimate keys, they were bought with stolen credit cards on Origin, meaning they were real keys, just obtained illegally. Ubisoft decided to reinstate the keys that were bought illegally for some reason, which works out I guess.

G2A percentage that they take is pretty damn high. Don't know how people even make money off the cheaper games.

Watch_Dogs was as low as $1.50 once, and now it's back to $5. That's weird. Watch_Dogs wasn't free afaik. Apparently Watch_Dogs, Far Cry 4, and Assassin's Creed Unity weren't illegitimate keys, they were bought with stolen credit cards on Origin, meaning they were real keys, just obtained illegally. Ubisoft decided to reinstate the keys that were bought illegally for some reason, which works out I guess.

G2A percentage that they take is pretty damn high. Don't know how people even make money off the cheaper games.

Just compare the prices of most bought games like CS:GO, Skyrim, CIV to Steam sale prices.CS:GO is like 4$ during sale, now 9$ on G2A because it's been 2 months since last sale.

So... you can make some cash if you are smart. And the cool thing is that if you pay with the money you receive from selling games, you don't have to pay any payments fee

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Got only 1 problem with this: It's origin/EA that's selling the games!

Got only 1 problem with this: It's origin/EA that's selling the games!

I keep seeing this cliche joke everywhere, and its never funny. Origin is actually not that bad, and their CS is 100% spot on. Far better than steams CS if you ask me. My Mass Effect 2 CD was scratched so bad, that i could no longer use it. I sent a message to their CS, they added the game to my origin library free of charge, allowing me to download it and play it again from the origin client. The entire situation was resolved in under 5 minutes. 

EA makes some terrible business decisions from time to time, and their servers are pretty terrible by current standards, but the games and client themselves are still fine. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

I keep seeing this cliche joke everywhere, and its never funny. Origin is actually not that bad, and their CS is 100% spot on. Far better than steams CS if you ask me. My Mass Effect 2 CD was scratched so bad, that i could no longer use it. I sent a message to their CS, they added the game to my origin library free of charge, allowing me to download it and play it again from the origin client. The entire situation was resolved in under 5 minutes. 

EA makes some terrible business decisions from time to time, and their servers are pretty terrible by current standards, but the games and client themselves are still fine. 

Maybe because Mass Effect is like 2$: https://www.g2a.com/mass-effect-2-steam-cd-key-global.html

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Make sure to check out GameStop onlinedurong the holidays. They dropped BF3 to $5 a key around Christmas.

junker build in the making

Maybe because Mass Effect is like 2$: https://www.g2a.com/mass-effect-2-steam-cd-key-global.html

Nah. Apparently, its an unspoken thing among most older EA games, but if EA sells a digital game, but you have the physical CD key for it, you can just request that your physical key be converted to a digital one, so you can download the games on origin. This way, if you have your old cases with missing games, or they are scratched beyond repair, you can still play them. Price of the games had nothing to do with it. I went ahead and registered my C&C games while i was at it. Shortly after that, they made an online webpage for you to do this yourself without the aid of CS.

I highly recommend doing this if you have older EA games that you enjoy, that have worn out discs or are lost or missing.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/redeem-your-serial-code-in-origin/

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Nah. Apparently, its an unspoken thing among most older EA games, but if EA sells a digital game, but you have the physical CD key for it, you can just request that your physical key be converted to a digital one, so you can download the games on origin. This way, if you have your old cases with missing games, or they are scratched beyond repair, you can still play them. Price of the games had nothing to do with it. I went ahead and registered my C&C games while i was at it. Shortly after that, they made an online webpage for you to do this yourself without the aid of CS.

I highly recommend doing this if you have older EA games that you enjoy, that have worn out discs or are lost or missing.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/redeem-your-serial-code-in-origin/

I wish EA sold some of their older games like Simpson Hit and Run and Harry Potter series.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU