If YouTube totaly f*cked?

Gala

How hard is it to start a channel now alongside all the big names on YouTube? I mean, is it completely...fucked?

The stereotypical "take a camera/Fraps and record, people will watch it!" smells like bullshit to me. It just isn't true, if YouTube keeps spitting suggestions from PewDiePie or any other over-the-top rich YouTuber.

There is a LOT of channels with a lot of good content, which have not more than 1000+ view per video.

Are there any recent channels that have blown up, or is the new channel train already gone and the suggestions system is being fucked by big channels?

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

it takes time.

and hard work to  get big

It's not even just the suggestions really, nobody comes up with anything original anymore, mainly because it's all already been done by someone else.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

It's not even just the suggestions really, nobody comes up with anything original anymore, mainly because it's all already been done by someone else.

hardest thing right here /\

gotta try and up one these people. thats pretty much only option left.

it takes time.

and hard work to  get big

More like it takes good equipment to get started at all. 720p is the standard i guess, not 360p like before...

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

hardest thing right here /\

I have a few friends that wanted to be youtube/twitch streamers, they told me their plan etc.

My response was "ok but how many other people are doing the exact same thing? you have to be original if you want to get somewhere in this market, that's a big part of the reason people like pewdiepie are huge, because he is "different"

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Yeah its really hard. Me and my sister are trying it. Good content everyother day yet we get like a sub every couple days.

More like it takes good equipment to get started at all. 720p is the standard i guess, not 360p like before...

smartphone

done.

almost everyone has one.

trust me when you see it, from a business standpoint, from an entertainment standpoint, and an educational standpoint, youtube is down the fucking drain. youtube no longer cares about the viewer, they care about the client, being the creator who can bring them ad revenue, the big names they always advertise. 

EVGA GTX 970 - i5 4460 - Enthoo Pro M

smartphone

done.

almost everyone has one.

People are dickheads, there is always that one guy that will say the video is blurry and go jerk off to PewDiePie...

People are dickheads, there is always that one guy that will say the video is blurry and go jerk off to PewDiePie...

i just spam/report/block from my chanell.

It depends on what you want to do. If you want to just start out with gaming, then you're completely screwed. If you want do do something with a non-saturated market like tech, then its possible to start, but still hard. First off, you need a pretty large budget, as you will need a $300+ camera if you are doing anything related to hardware. If you are doing software then it isn't as bad, but you still want an ok camera for when you do have video. If you're reviewing products, you'll need to start by buying tons of them, possibly even in the thousands of dollars out of pocket just to get stared. Then you try to get sponsors so you can get more products for free. If they like your reviews, then they may share it, and they may even become an affiliate. To even do that, you need to have a lot of talent, or it'll be even worse.

just.. don't. If you want to do tech stuff, go work for Linus.

Yes that's very doable.

</s>

trust me when you see it, from a business standpoint, from an entertainment standpoint, and an educational standpoint, youtube is down the fucking drain. youtube no longer cares about the viewer, they care about the client, being the creator who can bring them ad revenue, the big names they always advertise. 

THIS is my point! YouTube is fucked! We are not viewers, we are CUSTOMERS! YouTubers are not content creators, but Managers to the Boss, the YouTube..

Yes that's very doable.

</s>

I could not stand a day in that environment of imperfection and ghetto and that abuse of equipment and technology, taking all the review items for granted and tossing it around and counter-balancing stuff with it

How hard is it to start a channel now alongside all the big names on YouTube? I mean, is it completely...fucked?

The stereotypical "take a camera/Fraps and record, people will watch it!" smells like bullshit to me. It just isn't true, if YouTube keeps spitting suggestions from PewDiePie or any other over-the-top rich YouTuber.

There is a LOT of channels with a lot of good content, which have not more than 1000+ view per video.

Are there any recent channels that have blown up, or is the new channel train already gone and the suggestions system is being fucked by big channels?

awesomesauce network is 10/10

badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges

Don't do gaming all the time, review cheap ebay gadgets, people like to watch those.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Quality

Consistency 

thats all it really takes.

Consistency is key when I find a new channel I always look at their back catalog to see how often they upload

Because they all started when Youtube wasnt so popular, 1 Million was a lot!

now 10 million is alot

i got 5 subs lel

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

There will always be room for new YouTubers. To this day I continue to find new niches in YouTube and I just started watching the Clash of Clans community.