Do you guys still use Windows 7 and why?

lani100

I currently use 8.1 pro on both my desktop and laptop for school/work but I'm upgrading to 10 atm.

My question is why are you still running Windows 7?, I still dualboot Windows 7 and run it on an older laptop for flashing phones since it's a lot easier to run unsigned drivers on Win 7 and for nostalgic reasons.

I think Win7 is still the best OS Microsoft made next to XP I've spend so many hours in 7 it's unbelievable I can navigate blindfolded, the reason why I'm running 8.1 soon to be 10 is I want support for modern hardware such as SSD's and gaming (DX12)

Still not 100% about 10 tho.

Don't want my Skyrim mods to stop working. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I run windows 7 because windows 8.1 blows
dont care if I boot up 3 seconds faster, its not going to kill me. Don't fix what isnt broken

I know my way around it, i don't like the whole ecosystem style operating systems (which is why i didn't like Yosemite), i like the aesthetics, i use a lot of older software that Windows 10 will no doubt fuck up, and it does everything i need... 

I have it on my home media server because I haven't had a monitor, keyboard, or mouse plugged into it in like a year. Pretty good for a desktop with over 10 years of use on it with the stock parts.

I run windows 7 because windows 8.1 blows

dont care if I boot up 3 seconds faster, its not going to kill me. Don't fix what isnt broken

I have win8.1 on my gaming rig because classicshell exists. Brings back the 7 interface.

i was running windows 7 PRO until a day after win10 came out and upgraded to win10 PRO. I have had no issues with the install and aside from some glitchy issues with Nvidia drivers that i fixed with a few things i havent done anything else at all.

CPU     4790K  4.7GHz @ 1.17 volts

MOBO  Asus Z97-K

GPU     980ti Strix

RAM    16GB G.Skill

I use it because it is more than sufficient and i don't gain anything by using win 8/8.1 unless i have a touch screen which i don't use be cause i am accustomed to a mouse. After so many years of Win7 though i think it is time for an upgrade so i will be going to win10.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I have win8.1 on my gaming rig because classicshell exists. Brings back the 7 interface.

I've used 8.1 on laptops before, it jsut feels ass backwards doing mundane tasks. I'll go to 10 because its 7 with a new coat of paint and has the features I use the most in the "right spots"

I've used 8.1 on laptops before, it jsut feels ass backwards doing mundane tasks. I'll go to 10 because its 7 with a new coat of paint and has the features I use the most in the "right spots"

I got win8 just to try it out. I still have my 7 partition which oddly lost its activation. Oh well

Was using 7 untill I upgraded to 10 on my laptop.

Desktop still runs 7.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

No, I have no reason to ever use it again.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

No, I have no reason to ever use it again.

Same for me but for some uses I still find Windows 7 to work best especially with drivers, unsigned drivers are a bitch on 8.1 and 10.

And on a weird way a Windows 7 computer with the stock wallpaper makes me feel at home :D

Because my manager forbid me to upgrade the damn thing.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Because my manager forbid me to upgrade the damn thing.

:P if it's a work computer I can understand.

I stayed with Windows 7 Ultimate because I cant stand the newer interface and like someone else stated how easy it is to use un assigned drivers.  Or that was the reason I didn't upgrade till now.  I did upgrade to 10 Pro recently and so far so good.

Has anyone had this issue with the upgrade? My download and upload speeds have been cut in half since the upgrade. I have Fios internet 100/100mbs. Prior to the upgrade I was consistently getting around that speed whenever I ran a  speed test. Now when I run the test, I'm getting around 50/50. When I download a Steam game, I only get 6mbs. When I had Windows 7, I was getting around 12mbs. Is this a temporary thing since in a prior post I was told its due to the traffic jam the upgrade is causing?

I still use Windows 7 because I'm one of those people who will squeeze every last bit of usefulness out of something. I don't deem an OS not useful, unless it has run out of all support by it's maker.

FNV worked just fine when I upgraded. And FNV is even more temperamental then SKyrim is. I did a clean installation after that though so I need to reinstall F3 again and all the mods for both games plus TTW. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Because some games require Windows, and it's what came with my pc. Otherwise I use Ubuntu.

Lord of Helium.

I don't like the NSA amount of spying Win10 does, and how buggy it is. So that's why I'm still using Win7. Except, I don't really use Windows 7 either. I occasionally log in to game, but I'm mostly on my Ubuntu install...

They still work.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I have 8.1 on everything from my desktop to my home server. Works fine, no crashes, and I got used to the 8.1 start menu in about.... 2 days after I stopped complaining. Just took that first step of stopping complaining about change - and then Voila, I got used to it and became very productive with it. 

I do have it on one server - mostly because I dont have another 8.1 key, and also because it's a server that serves other people - so - don't want to mess with it and have it stop working when I don't have the time to fix it. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Has anyone had this issue with the upgrade? My download and upload speeds have been cut in half since the upgrade. I have Fios internet 100/100mbs. Prior to the upgrade I was consistently getting around that speed whenever I ran a  speed test. Now when I run the test, I'm getting around 50/50. When I download a Steam game, I only get 6mbs. When I had Windows 7, I was getting around 12mbs. Is this a temporary thing since in a prior post I was told its due to the traffic jam the upgrade is causing?

I'm going through the same thing on my end. I'm jus not sure what is causing the issue. My main PC is using a wireless USB stick that was able to max my download and then some on Windows 7. Like you, my speeds are cut in half since upgrading to Windows 10. I've been messing with settings and going trought the menus but no matter what I try I can't seem to fix the issue. My HTPC which is connected via ethernet is able to max my download speed with no problem. I think it could be something with the USB stick I'm using. Its an older model that might not be working well with the new OS. 

Not broke and I don't see a future where it won't meet my needs. Free doesn't attract me at all.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!