Microsoft Lay-offs - while CEO earns $84m in first year

JustChilliing

And if you did that you'd be an absolute moron. This is why lotto winner end up going bankrupt. 

Anyone COULD blow through a million, but a million dollars should last a LONG time if you plan it properly. 

With 1 Million dollars, invested properly, can net you around 25-35k/year of interest that you can add to your day job income. 

With 2.5 Mil, you'd be able to earn 75k/year on the interest easily without even having to do anything.

People don't need the type of money that CEO's make, but I'd argue that people do need the products that massive companies like Microsoft makes, so those companies need to make the job interesting to those who can do it well. The fact of the matter is, if you are at the level of being able to run a company like that, companies will be chomping at the bit to get you to run them, at ANY cost.

It's like anything else. Supply and demand. The demand for top execs is MASSIVE, but there are a very small group of individuals that have the capacity to do the job at that level.

I'm going to be frank, your response is damn ridiculous and fucking stupid to boot. You assume I would spend a million dollars are worthless crap like buying an expensive car, don't you? That's not how I'd spend a million dollars. I'd buy a lot of land, a very functional house, and a good amount of equipment and resources for life. I could blow a million dollars in a day, because I know how to spend it wisely on things that aren't worthless. So take your opinion and stick it.

Capitalism baby.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

I'm going to be frank, your response is damn ridiculous and fucking stupid to boot. You assume I would spend a million dollars are worthless crap like buying an expensive car, don't you? That's not how I'd spend a million dollars. I'd buy a lot of land, a very functional house, and a good amount of equipment and resources for life. I could blow a million dollars in a day, because I know how to spend it wisely on things that aren't worthless. So take your opinion and stick it.

The words your used were "I could blow through a million really fucking quick so I'd have to disagree"

Key word being "blow" 

That right there implied you'd spend it, rather than invest it. 

Either way that plan would leave needing to continue to earn money - investing it and only spending the interest means you'll never "blow" through the money. 

The words your used were "I could blow through a million really fucking quick so I'd have to disagree"

Key word being "blow" 

That right there implied you'd spend it, rather than invest it. 

Either way that plan would leave needing to continue to earn money - investing it and only spending the interest means you'll never "blow" through the money. 

What you call spending I call investing. I also don't plan to live off of interest from money, I'd rather have a stable job for income.

Um guys this is a tech company...if the people layed off averaged 100k (safe to assume), then taking $40 million from his salary only plays for 400 people. That is a far cry of the 8,000 layoffs. Microsoft made 4.6 billion dollars in 2014, and I don't see anything wrong with the freaking CEO taking home 1.8% of that.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

wait so he's gonna keep 8k people employed and just standing around doing nothing? The reason they were layed off is because they weren't needed.  

Yeah, that's how they managed to miss the smartphone train. Smart, really.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.