Has anyone here played Alien : Isolation?

Dive5885

Just curious if anyone here has played the game?

If so, was it worth getting?

I'm just looking for some other games to play besides Battlefield and GTA.

Let me know if should get it or not!

Thanks.

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

ADATA XPG 256GB PCIe| Cosmos C700P CM | Lepa MaxPlatinum 1050W

It's decent. One of the best horror games of recent memory.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

It's decent. One of the best horror games of recent memory.

The game looks pretty good! 

I might just have to get it..

Intel Core I7 7820X | Asus Rampage VI | Gigabyte RX 580 XTR | 32GB Crucial Ballistix | NZXT Kraken X62

The game looks pretty good! 

I might just have to get it..

Wait for a good sale. I think there might be one going on now.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Wait for a good sale. I think there might be one going on now.

Yea I think I know which sale you are talking about.

Yea I think I know which sale you are talking about.

http://www.cheapshark.com/search?q=alien:%20isolation GamerGate has it for $12.50. That's a good price for it. 

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Atmosphere is very good, I couldn't play more than a couple hours before me nerves were shot.

Most common complaint Ive seen is that the game is too long and would have been a much stronger experience is it had been shorter, but I haven't played it that long so I can say if I agree with that.

If you like Alien then it is worth picking up, I think.

i've had this game installed for almost 2 months without ever starting it.... Have had quite a few people tell me its a good game, i just keep playing other games... no idea why i don't play this :|

I have no signature

It was my GOTY in 2014. Best movie to game conversion to date.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

I loved it :D

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Well if they havent they should.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4 GHz                                                 Case: Fractal Design Define R5                       SSD: Samsung Evo 850 250gb          Monitor:  Benq GL2760        
   GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (+140 Core|+400 Mem)               Motherboard: Msi Z97-G5                                 HDD: WD blue 1TB                             CPU Cooler:  Hyper 412s
      RAM: 16GB HyperX DDR3 1600MHz                                PSU: Cooler Master v850                                 Storage: Adata HV610 1TB                  OS: Windows 10           

i've had this game installed for almost 2 months without ever starting it.... Have had quite a few people tell me its a good game, i just keep playing other games... no idea why i don't play this :|

Chicken? Chicken!

1 out of 7 actually finish the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEHe0kPJG8Q

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

This is the 'Alien' game we were promised, and it lives up to all our expectations as to what this game should be.

The only downside is that the game feels unnecessarily padded.

Chicken? Chicken!

1 out of 7 actually finish the game:

That isn't really a bad ratio, look at steam achievements for any random game

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

It was my GOTY in 2014. Best movie to game conversion to date.

Wasn't really a movie to game conversion, as it was it's own story.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Wasn't really a movie to game conversion, as it was it's own story.

DLC definitely was and the main game nailed recreating the environments and atmosphere. Nothing comes close.

DLC definitely was and the main game nailed recreating the environments and atmosphere. Nothing comes close.

The DLC was exactly the movie xD. I love the DLC.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

The DLC was exactly the movie xD. I love the DLC.

I think they were worried about simply repeating the movie, chose to do it via DLC instead but didn't want to stray too far from the movie for the main story hence the daughter storyline.

And when it came out, I wasn't happy with Ellen Ripley chunk being DLC, I went looking for reviews, was worried about another colonial marines. Looked at IGN, they gave Alien Isolation something like 5.7/10. Luckily I kept looking. After reading and watching reviews and eventually playing the game, in my head, I set every publication on fire that gave it less than 8/10.

You should try metro 2033, currently its 80% off ,the redux bundle

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Just curious if anyone here has played the game?

If so, was it worth getting?

I'm just looking for some other games to play besides Battlefield and GTA.

Let me know if should get it or not!

Thanks.

I didn't have much faith in the game after Colonial Marines but it was really amazing. It surprised me and scared the shit out of me at the same time.

I didn't have much faith in the game after Colonial Marines but it was really amazing. It surprised me and scared the shit out of me at the same time.

The game so far has been amazing! I was sitting on the edge of my seat the entire time..

So far so good!

You should try metro 2033, currently its 80% off ,the redux bundle

I have it!

Just haven't played it yet

The game so far has been amazing! I was sitting on the edge of my seat the entire time..

So far so good!

Just you wait, it'll have you crapping your pants before long.

Alien isolation and season pass.
You will spend more time doing survivor mode.
Season pass gives you a shit load of survivor mode maps, game is sweat.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000