"The Compensator" Downvote

Akula

This is a great LTT video they did back in Jan of this year building a 4k gaming rig. This video is far superior to this 10,000 we have parts laying around our warehouse video. While the 10k video doesn't necessarily need to go into some of the building details the 4k gaming video did, it shows a stark contrast in effort. It's awesome that they build out crazy builds but it seems like this video relative to other videos LTT produces is pretty poor in content and quality.

That video is a guide, it teaches the audience on what to buy when doing a 4k build. The compensator is just a build log type of video. there is no teaching on how to build it, it's to admire what you can get, when you have lots of money laying to play with.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

My favourite part was when they had all four Titan X's crammed in there and were like "oh boy look at those temps" but they seemed like pretty normal temps, practically the same as my single old 780Ti.  :D

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Them spending $10k on a PC in a money grab? yup, makes sense...

LTT get most of their components for free. Where do you think he gets all those asus motherboards and nvidia graphics cards he uses in every just about build?

To everyone feeling personally victimized by this video: you're not a special snowflake. The channel doesn't exist for you. They're in the middle of a huge move, but they probably still have contracts for advertising to fulfill. Be glad you hour a build video at all. If you're still bitter about it, go somewhere else or start you're own channel and do it better

Judging from the like/dislike ratio, not a lot of people are complaining that it was such a short video.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Judging from the like/dislike ratio, not a lot of people are complaining that it was such a short video.

Which is weird since I bet same people complain about multipart videos. You can't please everyone.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The video was MEH for me. Wish they'd do something liek oil pc again. Loved that, best thing ltts ever done.

- snip-

Which is weird since I bet same people complain about multipart videos. You can't please everyone.

The video is not as bad as OP is making it to be.

Multipart videos can get annoying but is not like we are going to die if we don't get another one the same day.

I would love to see OP publish an interesting video every single day like Linus do.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

I would laugh so hard if Linus and Luke did another $10k+ build with a 30 second video, JUST to piss off the OP. First 20 seconds is them showing all the parts on the table and then the last 10 seconds would be showing the build completed and a list of sponsors. I would like and contribute JUST because I would find it hilarious.

I mostly agree actually.

Build logs (the more insane the merrier) and Scrapyard Wars are the only types of videos that I have seen get those numbers of views that fast. It works. And probably less production went into it than some other reviews as there doesn't seem to be a lot of scripting/b-roll and such.

I genuinely enjoyed the mineral oil build where there seemed to be actual enjoyment and passion for the end product and not just put together, recorded, taken apart, and stored away. But hey if people like it and watch it keep doing it. 

System: Thinkpad T460

But I do sort of see where you're coming from. It seems like videos now from LTT are 5 minutes of content and then the last 5 minutes is advertising. And on Techquickie, the videos are 1:50 content, 1:50 advertising. I understand that they need to make money from more than just views, but IMO there's incredibly too much advertising.

It has actually become substantially worse than tv, which is pretty amazing when you think about it..

but not in a good way. It's kinda funny actually.. it's called "techquickie" but there is everything from 

40-60% useless bulk unrelated to the topic at hand. 

Go back to your roots Linus & Luke, take the time to build something with passion & purpose.

This ^

I originally found out about their channel through their mineral oil cooled PC series. Loved it and checked out the rest. Eventually became a subscriber. I don't mind most of their newer videos but it's probably best for them to hold off on the PC builds unless there's some solid amount of time going into it, and making it multipart, like for example Scrapyard Wars (love that too). For some reason I think this video is mainly Luke building a super-expensive PC for the first time.

And through the power of EDITING we take a hour or two long process and shrink it down to ELEVEN WHOLE MINUTES! ARGH, FEEL THE RAGE!

I honestly wouldn't have minded seeing the whole hour-long build while they had music rolling in the background. Someone probably had to save the video on their poor hard drive because all the NAS equipment's at the new office - probably resulting in them trimming it down a lot to save space. Now that the company has more workers I can only hope they get more time to make those awesome builds they use to do.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

It's understandable that you could assume that LMG are going for more quantity over quality at the moment, but I've brushed this off over the past week or two. WAN has been wonderful whether they talk about news or not, their moving vlogs (probably the biggest part of the channel during the move, and the most interesting) have been to a decent standard giving you an idea of how they're doing, and anything else is extra - that includes the video OP is ranting about.

More importantly, I've brushed it off because I personally assume that once their new office/studio is set up, creating content will be so much more streamlined meaning we can expect a better/that same-old quality with the usual quantity, too. For now, though, you cannot expect them to get anything done when everything (that means equipment and staff) is all over the shop... or warehouse... or studio.. or... office?

By the way, "You don't have to watch it" is a really, really, really, shit excuse. I want to watch their amazing content I've been watching for months on end, not this new stuff that feels somewhat half-assed; but I understand that they don't have the position to make it right now. 

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Fuck yeaaa, Starbuckin man it's happenin everywhere.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

Them spending $10k on a PC in a money grab? yup, makes sense...

They built it then take it apart. It's just put together for enough time to make a video and then torn down again. This video probably cost nothing to make in terms of components. 

The video was 11 mins. I HIGHLY doubt Luke actually built that PC in 11mins. 

That being said, yeah, he did more or less slap that machine together. Meh. Who cares? It was just a fun overkill build anyways. 

Agreed, they just wanted to make an over-overkill machine cos they had the parts lying around. These videos don't replace ones such as hard-line water-cooling, mineral oil or phase cooling builds. (more resent examples of passion projects)

It was just a bit of fun and I had a bit of fun watching it.

(and do we really need to see another basic cpu/ram/hard drive installation.)

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman

STFU.jpg

Getting fucking TIRED of these posts

"Just go Android (Glorious Android Masterrace)"

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge 64GB

PC "SkyT": Radeon 390, i5 6600K, NZXT H440 Razer