The Debate Corner

Jintek

The Debate Corner

Greetings friends!

This is a thread where we have many different friendly debates about today's societies and an intellectual perspective on life, the universe, and everything around us.

NO TROLLS ALLOWED.

There will be ONE debate topic per week;

This week's debate topic: Religion aka lies 

Question: Is the idea that Noah could fit every animal on his arc possible? Is it false? Provide evidence with your claim.

I've seen 60 million dollar yachts in my life so i guess it is.

I can see this getting very heated very fast

If the early posters start a good example, I think we will be good.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Yes it is. Just because it says every type of anime doesn't mean literally every type. For example just things like 1-2 types of great cats, not two lion, two cheetahs, two leopards, ect. Many people think of the arc as a pretty small boat, but it took a REALLY long time to build (I think 100+ years).

If the early posters start a hood example, I think we will be good.

It will be goof for sure :P

Just build a really big boat. 

Like really, really big. Animals need room to breathe and poop. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

It will be goof for sure :P

Phone keyboard, don't judge

EDIT- For some reason my smilyface doesn't work. Thanks windowsphone.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

First off, the story of Noah's ark is a a part of the mythology of all the Abrahamic religions, not just christianity.

Second, me calling it mythology is probably enough to point out my stand on the issue. 

And why should I provide evidence? There has tey to be presented any evidence for the truth of the story, and therefor it is void for me to present any evidence for my position. 

But of course, I am not familiar with the story of Noah's arc. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

The Debate Corner

Greetings friends!

This is a thread where we have many different friendly debates about today's societies and an intellectual perspective on life, the universe, and everything around us.

NO TROLLS ALLOWED.

There will be ONE debate topic per week;

This week's debate topic: Religion (Christianity)

Question: Is the idea that Noah could fit every animal on his arc possible? Is it false? Provide evidence with your claim.

sure

if the Arc used time lord science making it smaller on the outside.

Just build a really big boat. 

Like really, really big. Animals need room to breathe and poop. 

That doesn't sound very compelling.

That doesn't sound very compelling.

I think you're wrong on that one. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I think you're wrong on that one. 

How would he get EVERY animal to be in there? wtf?

Poor choice to start a topic about debate. Poorer choice to start with religion.

There could theoretically be a boat large enough to fit 2 of each animal. You would have terrible difficulty finding 2 of each if you went down to species instead of families though. 

I heard something a while back saying that the ark story could have been a response to flooding in some region and that Noah had grabbed 2 of each animal from that area, but that would still destroy the balance of the ecosystem as the predators would still need to eat and they would (likely) very quickly make many species extinct.

Whether or not it actually happened, I find the entire story highly improbable.

No that's not possible.

Poor choice to start a topic about debate. Poorer choice to start with religion.

There could theoretically be a boat large enough to fit 2 of each animal. You would have terrible difficulty finding 2 of each if you went down to species instead of families though. 

I heard something a while back saying that the ark story could have been a response to flooding in some region and that Noah had grabbed 2 of each animal from that area, but that would still destroy the balance of the ecosystem as the predators would still need to eat and they would (likely) very quickly make many species extinct.

Whether or not it actually happened, I find the entire story highly improbable.

I also think religion is false.

Whether or not you believe in religion, I find it a necessity to provide shelter for those who fear death, relief for those who grieve for the lost, meaning for people who need to feel like their life has a purpose, etc.  Also, it has provided us with some sick stories about ancient gods.

For me, I never took the stories literally, I just used the lessons they teach as a guide to form my own moral code.

EDIT: And some sick artwork.

Sounds like bait. 

Whether or not you believe in religion, I find it a necessity to provide shelter for those who fear death, relief for those who grieve for the lost, meaning for people who need to feel like their life has a purpose, etc.  Also, it has provided us with some sick stories about ancient gods.

For me, I never took the stories literally, I just used the lessons they teach as a guide to form my own moral code.

Creationists are very fearful of death and that is why they made the "afterlife".

Whether or not you believe in religion, I find it a necessity to provide shelter for those who fear death, relief for those who grieve for the lost, meaning for people who need to feel like their life has a purpose, etc.  

Society should do that instead of religion.

Creationists are very fearful of death and that is why they made the "afterlife".

? That's the story of LOST

Basically one of my implied reasons for religion. Also reincarnation and that fun stuff, don't just focus on one religion's beliefs.

Society should do that instead of religion.

There are many things that should happen but don't. Also, more than one answer to a question.

Actually no, most are perfectly fine with dying because of heaven. Also, stop saying that something applies to a group, when you only have very little experience with that group.

Well, if there is an afterlife they aren't really dead, are they? 

I think it's quite human to be fearful of the end. While I wouldn't say that I fear death, I would say that I am fearful of death it self, I am fearful of not accomplishing everything I want to.

Fear of the finite would probably be a better way to describe what people fear, when they say they fear death.

Well, to get this a bit back on topic. 

If the measurements given for Noah's ark are correct, then the ship would have sunk and/or twisted itself into pieces. 

The largest wooden ship ever build (that can be varified) was the Wyoming, which was nowhere near as big as Noah's ark was reporetd as being.

But it still flexed enough to allow water in, when it was at sea, which made it practically unusable without a pump system.  

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes