The Hangar - FSX Enthusiast Club

AlwaysFSX

I made a mistake we are replacing the old 737s with new 737 max not 787

Doesn't surprise me, people are really cheap about things. :/ I can justify it because it really improves the performance and stability of the game so you can run everything in DX10 mode constantly and just have a better experience to begin with.

Yeah I mean, if you can afford it then good for you. But when you can't afford it, just walk away and not stir a shitstorm.

I might take a look at it when I get the cash tho. I'm broke as f right about now.

I made a mistake we are replacing the old 737s with new 737 max not 787

Ahh I was surprised when you said they're replacing the 737 which is a short haul aircraft with the 787 which is a long haul aircraft lol

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

Yeah I mean, if you can afford it then good for you. But when you can't afford it, just walk away and not stir a shitstorm.

I might take a look at it when I get the cash tho. I'm broke as f right about now.

It's definitely on my list of addons to buy for FSX.

Currently playing around with a Spitfire Mk16 I believe, it's alright. Textures are meh and the sounds inside the VC are almost nonexistent but omg it flies so good.

It's definitely on my list of addons to buy for FSX.

Currently playing around with a Spitfire Mk16 I believe, it's alright. Textures are meh and the sounds inside the VC are almost nonexistent but omg it flies so good.

I remember buying the captainsim 767 and it handles like a fighter jet lol the turns are so sensitive. The aircraft tilts too much even when I nudge the yoke a bit.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

@Geralt So I've finally installed the ENB you linked, at first I thought I did something wrong but I just noticed that the effect it has in sim is very light compared to what it normally looks like, at least with my REX theme.

You wouldn't happen to know how to mess with the ENB settings, would you?

@Geralt So I've finally installed the ENB you linked, at first I thought I did something wrong but I just noticed that the effect it has in sim is very light compared to what it normally looks like, at least with my REX theme.

You wouldn't happen to know how to mess with the ENB settings, would you?

For me the difference was very distinct. The colours went from light amd washed out to dark and saturated. Very obvious in the brown cockpit of the 777. You might want to look in the .ini file since most of the settings are in there. I'll try and get a screenshot with and without my ENB on for you to compare. It could be due to your screen as well.

But this ENB was designed to be very subtle and not uber eyecandy like witcher

~~~SnapDragon~~~

For me the difference was very distinct. The colours went from light amd washed out to dark and saturated. Very obvious in the brown cockpit of the 777. You might want to look in the .ini file since most of the settings are in there. I'll try and get a screenshot with and without my ENB on for you to compare. It could be due to your screen as well.

But this ENB was designed to be very subtle and not uber eyecandy like witcher

After doing a lot of before and after I now do know most of the differences between stock and ENB and omg it looks so much better now. The differences might not be huge for me but they do make a serious difference. My only problem now is that the GPS is pretty fuzzy and I'm blind as a bat.

After doing a lot of before and after I now do know most of the differences between stock and ENB and omg it looks so much better now. The differences might not be huge for me but they do make a serious difference. My only problem now is that the GPS is pretty fuzzy and I'm blind as a bat.

Ah yeah I think it does interfere with the gps. It was so irritating, I just closed out the gps altogether.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

Ah yeah I think it does interfere with the gps. It was so irritating, I just closed out the gps altogether.

That's one way of doing it. :lol:

That's one way of doing it. [emoji38]

Or if you really want GPS, I'd recommend Aivlasoft's EFB. All the charts, SIDs and STARs along with the GPS. Planning on buying it when I get some cash.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

Or if you really want GPS, I'd recommend Aivlasoft's EFB. All the charts, SIDs and STARs along with the GPS. Planning on buying it when I get some cash.

It looks like an extremely handy piece of software but I'm not in to FSX so much that I would spend the $70 or so on it. At least not until I have a decent fleet of aircraft I would enjoy flying constantly.

It looks like an extremely handy piece of software but I'm not in to FSX so much that I would spend the $70 or so on it. At least not until I have a decent fleet of aircraft I would enjoy flying constantly.

Yeah not to mention the constant AIRAC updates to keep the charts up to date. It really helps when planning the departure and approaches because in real life, they don't usually tell you to fly runway heading on takeoff.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

Yeah not to mention the constant AIRAC updates to keep the charts up to date. It really helps when planning the departure and approaches because in real life, they don't usually tell you to fly runway heading on takeoff.

Something I really need and takes up a lot of time on the runway (because I suck) is the exact heading of the runway so I can enter it for autopilot to make my life slightly easier. Especially when landing, I hate not knowing what the exact heading is of the runway when landing. I've found I'm a lot more accurate lining up from several miles out if I have the heading ahead of time. :(

How do I get my GPU to render FSX?

It seems like the only thing running FSX is my CPu because the GPu usage spikes to 25% for 1-2 sec and than back down to 0

CPU - i5-8400 , Motherboard - ASROCK Z370 Killer SLI, RAM - 2x8 GB DDR4 2400mhz , GPU - EVGA GTX 950 SC, Case - SilentiumPC PAX M70 Pure Black V2 Storage - 240GB SanDisk SSD, 1TB WD Blue, PSU - bequite! 600w Pure Power 10, Display - Dell P2417H, Cooling - bequiet! Pure Rock, Keyboard - Viper V730, Mouse - natec Genesis G55, Sound - Philips MCD712, OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

How do I get my GPU to render FSX?

It seems like the only thing running FSX is my CPu because the GPu usage spikes to 25% for 1-2 sec and than back down to 0

Your CPU usage is most likely at 100% and FSX only uses one core. Chances are you're being held back by your Athlon II pretty hard.

Your CPU usage is most likely at 100% and FSX only uses one core. Chances are you're being held back by your Athlon II pretty hard.

Yea :(

CPU - i5-8400 , Motherboard - ASROCK Z370 Killer SLI, RAM - 2x8 GB DDR4 2400mhz , GPU - EVGA GTX 950 SC, Case - SilentiumPC PAX M70 Pure Black V2 Storage - 240GB SanDisk SSD, 1TB WD Blue, PSU - bequite! 600w Pure Power 10, Display - Dell P2417H, Cooling - bequiet! Pure Rock, Keyboard - Viper V730, Mouse - natec Genesis G55, Sound - Philips MCD712, OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

Using Direct x 10 to render gave me 30 FPS instead of 18

Using Direct x 10 to render gave me 30 FPS instead of 18

That's because DX10 is multithreaded, it just has a ton of problems because DX10 isn't finalized in FSX. It's a buggy mess.

That's because DX10 is multithreaded, it just has a ton of problems because DX10 isn't finalized in FSX. It's a buggy mess.

With DX I can't run fullscreen on two monitors

>:[

I can afford to get like a i5 4460 and a new MOBO and more RAM but reuse everything els but I'm afraid that windows won't let me make the switch and idk if it's not worth waiting to build a new computer from scratch...

I'm staying subbed to this thread.

Can't wait to post screenshots. Well here's one anyway LOL

0B7Wz03.png

FFs

With DX I can't run fullscreen on two monitors

>:[

I can afford to get like a i5 4460 and a new MOBO and more RAM but reuse everything els but I'm afraid that windows won't let me make the switch and idk if it's not worth waiting to build a new computer from scratch...

You might want to take a look at this thread then:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/106642-how-to-keep-your-current-windows-install-with-a-new-motherboard/

Whether or not it's worth it is up to you. Even a G3240 is an upgrade and those can be bought for around $40.

You might want to take a look at this thread then:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/106642-how-to-keep-your-current-windows-install-with-a-new-motherboard/

Whether or not it's worth it is up to you. Even a G3240 is an upgrade and those can be bought for around $40.

Thanks yea I've seen that thread ;)

Something I really need and takes up a lot of time on the runway (because I suck) is the exact heading of the runway so I can enter it for autopilot to make my life slightly easier. Especially when landing, I hate not knowing what the exact heading is of the runway when landing. I've found I'm a lot more accurate lining up from several miles out if I have the heading ahead of time. :(

That's usually found in the charts. For example, in the chart below

ick.jpg

The heading of the runway when you line up is at the top where it says "Final Apch Crs". As for during takeoff, if your aircraft has a built in FMC, whenever you've selected the takeoff SID and runway, head over to the legs page for boeing and the first point should show the heading of the runway you're taking off on. Not sure for Airbus tho. As for smaller GA aircrafts,you've gotta rely on the old fashioned paper charts.

FFs

Was my landing bad? >.<

~~~SnapDragon~~~

That's usually found in the charts. For example, in the chart below

-snip-

The heading of the runway when you line up is at the top where it says "Final Apch Crs". As for during takeoff, if your aircraft has a built in FMC, whenever you've selected the takeoff SID and runway, head over to the legs page for boeing and the first point should show the heading of the runway you're taking off on. Not sure for Airbus tho. As for smaller GA aircrafts,you've gotta rely on the old fashioned paper charts.

That's super useful.