German blog under investigation after leaking government documents revealing mass surveillance plans

sirtoby

The people behind the blog Netzpolitik.org, as well as their sources are under investigation. They are accused of committing treason when they released government documents which revealed that the german spy agencies are planning to massively increase internet surveillance. Most big german media outlets condemned what is in their opinion an intimidation and an attack on the freedom of the press.

BERLIN (Reuters) - Germany opened a treason investigation on Thursday into a news website that a broadcaster said had reported on plans to increase state surveillance of online communications.

German media said it was the first time in more than 50 years that journalists had faced treason charges, and some denounced the move as an attack on the freedom of the press.

"The Federal Prosecutor has started an investigation on suspicion of treason into the articles ... published on the internet blog Netzpolitik.org," a spokeswoman for the prosecutor's office said.

She added that the move followed a criminal complaint by Germany's domestic intelligence agency, the Office for the Protection of the Constitution (BfV), over articles about the BfV that appeared on the website on Feb. 25 and April 15. It said the articles had been based on leaked documents.

The public broadcaster ARD reported that Netzpolitik.org had published an article this year on how the BfV was seeking extra funding to increase its online surveillance, and another about plans to set up a special unit to monitor social media, both based on leaked confidential documents.

The website specializes in Internet politics, data protection, freedom of information and digital rights issues.

Source

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

They did nazi that coming..

Someone won the internet.

Not lame, deserved. What the german government has been doing lately is shameful. Schäuble even went so far as quoting his grandparents in an interview...

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

really? they are just now planning mass internet surveillance, the country most synonyms of domestic surveillance (yeah I get it, it was the DDR, the soviets and the communist party but you get the idea)? I though all the G7 has already been doing that for decades.

Oh look, more totalitarianism.

yaaaaay.....

really? they are just now planning mass internet surveillance, the country most synonyms of domestic surveillance (yeah I get it, it was the DDR, the soviets and the communist party but you get the idea)? I though all the G7 has already been doing that for decades.

Don't forget children informing on (or in some cases, attacking) their parents to the SA during the Nazi Regime.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Good, let's investigate this insidious reporters, not the surveillance plans uncovered. Are we sure this isn't the fucking white house again responding?

The German federal prosecutor is a moron. Not only is he trying to charge the journalists, but he said publicly that there was no need to investigate when it became clear that half of the German government had been spied on by the NSA. I'm not going full Keemo here, but I wish that my government had some balls and stopped being the bitch of the USA. America has become so paranoid to find terrorists that they ignore even the most basic human rights, just to find somebody with a beard who may or may not plan to attack the US. Seeing my country adapting to this behavior fills me with shame. 

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

NWO has it's grip on all major-contributing countries. Illuminati confirmed!

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Encryption, encryption, encryption, encryption.

Encrypt everything. Encryption is the only hope moving forward.

Governments will not stop.

They are human beings with an insane desire for control, why do you think they became political leaders in the first place?

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

1c0.jpg

nein-nein-nein-nein-singalong-o.gif

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

And just a few months ago people were shocked by NSA spying on Germany, as if only NSA have mass surveilence program...

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ...