Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. Claim now & first impressions.

I'm really tired right now, and noticed Mojang has released Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta. I have no idea what they really plan to do since Minecraft is already out. I don't understand why they would do this besides money & the whole "skynet combine everything" shit. Well I claimed my copy and downloaded it; then played it for 15 minutes. First thing I can say is BUGS!

Here are a list of things I've gathered after 15 minutes:

- Requires Xbox live. (Fuck you xbox live)

- Better performance.

- Buttons are ugly as shit.

- Menu layout sucks.

- Mouse acceleration? Weird sensitivity.

- Bugs bugs bugs bugs bugs.

- Blocks look a little different which I like.

- Selector is cool.

- Creative mode menu sucks.

- Biomes have changed a little bit. LARGER TREES IN AREAS YAY! I've wanted larger trees for a long time. Normal trees are so short. (I'm talking about new larger trees, more of them).

- Friends?

- Supports touch screens for surface users.

- Can purchase skins.

- BABY ANIMALS FOLLOW THEIR MOTHER!

- Better biome locations.

- New grass block..?

- New biomes!

- Better generation.

- FALLEN TREES!

I still plan on playing with the original because I hate xbox live, and the current version is buggy.

ouez2GA.jpg

70Hh0Ia.jpg

K0s3NOP.jpg

blackshades on

Requires Xbox Live?

I'm out. I was going to give it a shot, but nope. NOPE.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I'll have to check it out later

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

If Mojang decide to permanently move over to the new version, I'm leaving.

Completely agree. Change is good but xbox live kills it. Just doesn't feel the same; mostly due to bugs.

If there wasn't xbox live I would maybe switch; however, the menu and buttons are ugly.

blackshades on

If Mojang decide to permanently move over to the new version, I'm leaving.

If they did that Minecraft would die, and they know that... the Windows 10 Edition is just a port of Pocket Edition, so it is likely pointed towards tablet users.

| Corsair Carbide 400Q | Intel Core i5 6600K | ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB |

| EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW+ ACX 2.0 SLI | Noctua NH-L9i | Corsair RM650X | HyperX Fury 240 GB | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB |

Steam: zonetrooper90 | PSN: zonetrooper90 | NNID: zonetrooper90 |

WINDOWS 10 edition requires a console exclusive service. What the fuck?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

the sensitivity is OVER 9000!!!!! on the lowest setting I had to change my DPI to 100 even on the lowest sensitivity setting and it still felt a bit too high. Also, its strange seeing those old lava and gravel textures, it must have been a few years now!

EDIT: the boat mechanics seem to be a lot better than before

EDIT #2 the music sounds makes me feel like im on LSD

EDIT #3: what the hell, my name is Rundownbus84996 wtf?

wow, thats a lot of bees!

If they did that Minecraft would die, and they know that... the Windows 10 Edition is just a port of Pocket Edition, so it is likely pointed towards tablet users.

It's actually a whole lot different from the pocket edition. Very very different. Probably forked, but I found new grass blocks and the biomes locations are so much better.

blackshades on

I thought it was going to have split screen support :(

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

The performance gains are the best thing. No more waiting ages for chunks to generate.

They need to put in FoV right now though. I can't play it for more than a few minutes without feeling sick.

I didnt think you had to pay for xbox live on PC?

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

the sensitivity is OVER 9000!!!!! on the lowest setting I had to change my DPI to 100 even on the lowest sensitivity setting and it still felt a bit too high. Also, its strange seeing those old lava and gravel textures, it must have been a few years now!

EDIT: the boat mechanics seem to be a lot better than before

EDIT #2 the music sounds makes me feel like im on LSD

Better boats were coming to 1.9 anyway,along with better performance. This almost seems like xBox crap, 1.9, and pocket edition merged.

I didnt think you had to pay for xbox live on PC?

You don't. It is part of your overall microsoft account.

You don't. It is part of your overall microsoft account.

Then whats the problem xD 

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

On the picture, those are paths, another 1.9 feature.

Those that refuse to use microsoft accounts are now forced to. Only way to play the beta version. It might change back to mojang or xlive on proper launch.

if minecraft requires xbox live, then they can fuck themselves right up their assholes. not everybody can afford xbox live, you know.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

if minecraft requires xbox live, then they can fuck themselves right up their assholes. not everybody can afford xbox live, you know.

YOU DO NOT NEED A GOLD SUBSCRIPTION.

You just need a microsoft account and a mojang account that already has a licence for minecraft.

Xbox is a console and it's just weird having xbox live on a pc. I don't like the name at all.

Costs money to change your name. Unsure if the key is linked to your email or not.

blackshades on

Xbox is a console and it's just weird having xbox live on a pc. I don't like the name at all.

Costs money to change your name. Unsure if the key is linked to your email or not.

You need a mcirosoft account anyways to get the beta free (which is your live account also). If you don't like your username, why did you name it something that you want to change?

You need a mcirosoft account anyways to get the beta free (which is your live account also). If you don't like your username, why did you name it something that you want to change?

I get 1 free chance. It's fun finding OG names and such. I change my username to keep myself safe monthly.  Also achievements are on xbox live which is so gay.

blackshades on

I get 1 free chance. It's fun finding OG names and such. I change my username to keep myself safe monthly.  Also achievements are on xbox live which is so gay.

Then this is sounding more like a personal problem instead of a microsoft problem....

Then this is sounding more like a personal problem instead of a microsoft problem....

I know many people that do this. Why the fuck should I have to pay to change my name? It's retarded when it used to be free. Everyone knows Xbox live sucks on PC.

Achievements are just stupid too. I don't want to have to open another window to view them.

blackshades on