I need a new pair of hedphones! However, I'm allergic to the leather used in most!

Demos

Hey guys!

I've recently found after wearing my Logitech G35's for extended periods of time, on my head around the cups, I was getting an allergic reaction. Not pretty.

So I'm looking into getting a new pair of headphones for my system, the earcups and headband have to have neoprene or a different type of material. The best I've found so far are the Razer Orca, and they are $70NZD here in New Zealand.

So can you guys help me? Any advice would be appreciated :) Unfortunately I can't get a sound card due to Mini-ITX restrictions.

Thanks!

Demos.

CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | CPU:  i5 4570| CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U12s | MOTHERBOARD: Asus H87-I Plus| RAM: Muskin Blackline 8GB | SSD: Samsung 830 128gb | 

SSD: Samsung 840 128gb SSD(Games) | GPU: Asus R9 270X DCUII | PSU: Seasonic 660w | MONITORS: LG 23" IPS 5ms |

Allergic to leather! Ha! That's why you lot are so fond of sheep. My Australian superiority aside, I use a set of Steelseries 5H v2. They have a soft ring of foam/felt around the deep ear cups, and the sound quality is fairly good. The microphone isn't very loud because it is a passive (i.e not Phantom powered) however it works fine for voice chat, which is all I need it for. In terms of pricing, I know New Zealand is the worst place in the world, followed by Australia, so expect to pay about twice that of what North American/ European in-store prices are, however being the classy gentleman I am, I talked my set of 5H's to $65AUD, down from $140.

get velour earcups then

beyerdynamic, audiotechnica ad700 are 2 headphones I can think of off the top of my head with velour cloth cups

if you are looking for a headset and not looking for a lecture on why headphones > headsets: corsair vengeance series have velour pads I think the siberia headsets also have some sort of cloth.

umm for the short term I know that the logitech has weird sized earcups but can you cut the top 2-3 inches off the upper end of a sock and wrap your earcups in them?

edit: no soundcard? then corsair vengeance 1500... are you bald? the headband has to be non synthetic as well?

I use vengeance 1500s, and they do sound great and have velour earcups, but the top is that synthetic leather material, so not sure if it would be best. I would expect it to be very difficult to find a headset with no leather on the top or earcups unless it is a VERY cheap headset (<$20)....
Some of the highest end stuff have velour earcups and headband because it's generally more comfortable.

Headset

I use vengeance 1500s, and they do sound great and have velour earcups, but the top is that synthetic leather material, so not sure if it would be best. I would expect it to be very difficult to find a headset with no leather on the top or earcups unless it is a VERY cheap headset (<$20)....
There are some mid range ones, HD558 for example.

Headset

I can recommend the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 ... i dont know about the padding but they're f***ing great :D

I can recommend the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 ... i dont know about the padding but they're f***ing great :D
they use the pleather that the op is allergic too...

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Awesome, thanks for the responses guys!

By no sound card, I meant I have Motherboard audio, not a dedicated sound card.

I've decided that I'll postpone my headphone search for the mo and invest the money in a new IPS display! Thanks everyone though :)

CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | CPU:  i5 4570| CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U12s | MOTHERBOARD: Asus H87-I Plus| RAM: Muskin Blackline 8GB | SSD: Samsung 830 128gb | 

SSD: Samsung 840 128gb SSD(Games) | GPU: Asus R9 270X DCUII | PSU: Seasonic 660w | MONITORS: LG 23" IPS 5ms |

corsair headphones only have memory foam i think, no leather and they are pretty cheap