Best $500 Gaming Laptop

Hi guys, I have a friend who is looking for a gaming laptop for $500. He wants to play GTA V, but I told him it was probably not possible to play it on a laptop of that price range and that he should get a gaming pc instead. Just curious to see if anybody knew of anything that might actually work. Most of the games he wants to play are very cpu-heavy (GTA V, Minecraft, etc.), so I'm looking for something with a Core i5 (possibly an older sandy bridge or ivy bridge one) and a discrete gpu. I know this would be kind of hard to accomplish but if there was any laptop that could play GTA V at 720p at the lowest settings capped at 30 fps he would be fine. He doesn't mind if it's a refurbished one either. I will probably just convince him to get a desktop, but if there's any chance at all it could be a laptop, that would be great. Thanks!

Main PC: i5 4590 @ 3.5 GHz ♦ RX 480 Armor OC ♦ 16 GB DDR3 ♦ GA-Z97-HD3 ♦ 120 GB 840 EVO ♦ 120 GB Intel 520 ♦ W10 Home

Scrapyard PC: Xeon X5460 @ 3.8 GHz ♦ HD 7870 ♦ 8 GB DDR2 ♦ GA-P35-DS3L ♦ 80 GB Intel 320 ♦ 160 GB WD Caviar SE ♦ W10 Home

does not exsist

your best bet woul open up retailers listing, sort by prices and check which one has the best CPU/GPU configuration.

RAM and HDD/SSD does not matter as you can always upgrade them

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Getting a used laptop would be his only hope because I don't think he can have a enjoyable experience on a new $500 laptop.

Hi guys, I have a friend who is looking for a gaming laptop for $500. He wants to play GTA V, but I told him it was probably not possible to play it on a laptop of that price range and that he should get a gaming pc instead. Just curious to see if anybody knew of anything that might actually work. Most of the games he wants to play are very cpu-heavy (GTA V, Minecraft, etc.), so I'm looking for something with a Core i5 (possibly an older sandy bridge or ivy bridge one) and a discrete gpu. I know this would be kind of hard to accomplish but if there was any laptop that could play GTA V at 720p at the lowest settings capped at 30 fps he would be fine. He doesn't mind if it's a refurbished one either. I will probably just convince him to get a desktop, but if there's any chance at all it could be a laptop, that would be great. Thanks!

He could definitely have a desktop for that price that would fit his needs, but a laptop would be hard to come by unless it has something broken on it, or you buy it directly from someone who has no idea what the laptop is worth.

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

1 - Ain't happening

2 - mobile i5 chips are dual core with hyperthreading, sort of like a desktop i3 but with turbo boost.

3 - You aren't playing GTA V with any kind of good experiences without spending at LEAST double that

4 - You can't even get a full desktop (monitor, peripherals, etc included) for $500 that can run GTA V

5 - Even a refurbished or second hand one is going to be impossible to find for that price point.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Try this New Inspiron 15 5000 Series (AMD) Laptop it's lower than $500 cause I'm Canadien and we pay about 23% more than u Americans. Ok back to the laptop... It's a apu CPU and gpu smashed into one which is very good for the price and its new. I did the math and it should be around $385 American maybe more but still very good for the money.

1 - Ain't happening

2 - mobile i5 chips are dual core with hyperthreading, sort of like a desktop i3 but with turbo boost.

3 - You aren't playing GTA V with any kind of good experiences without spending at LEAST double that

4 - You can't even get a full desktop (monitor, peripherals, etc included) for $500 that can run GTA V

5 - Even a refurbished or second hand one is going to be impossible to find for that price point.

Yes u can get a $500 gaming pc that can run GTA 5 and the lowest settings at atleast 30+fps 1080p.

This isn't a thing so yea get a desktop

Yes u can get a $500 gaming pc that can run GTA 5 and the lowest settings at atleast 30+fps 1080p.

Please use PC part picker and put together a PC for me, COMPLETE WITH KEYBOARD, MOUSE, MONITOR AND SPEAKERS, that will give me GTA V at 1080p 30fps+

Because that's what I said is impossible. Building a tower alone isn't that hard.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Please use PC part picker and put together a PC for me, COMPLETE WITH KEYBOARD, MOUSE, MONITOR AND SPEAKERS, that will give me GTA V at 1080p 30fps+

Because that's what I said is impossible. Building a tower alone isn't that hard.

Bro who doesn't have a old mouse,keyboard,monitor,and speakers laying around in their house. I'm 13 and I have atleast 2 of every item I named. And I'm not made of money I don't even have any income at all my salary $0 a year but I do get alot of money from my parents.

And d2ultima I will bet u $100 on PayPal that I could build a pc that could play GTA 5 1080p 30+ fps.

And btw d2ulitma ur request is easy cause u didnt request for a budget so i could build u the best pc complete with new mouse,keyboard,monitor,speaker best on the market. And I could get over 60 fps max setting in GTA 5 4k for u.

And d2ultima I will bet u $100 on PayPal that I could build a pc ( just the tower ) that could play GTA 5 1080p 30+ fps.

I admitted originally that just the tower can play GTA V. That was never my question, or statement.

Bro who doesn't have a old mouse,keyboard,monitor,and speakers laying around in their house.

I don't. Never make assumptions about what someone has. I don't assume your friend has.

And btw d2ulitma ur request is easy cause u didnt request for a budget 

o rly?

I'm pretty sure I've been talking about a $500 limit the whole time.

Learn to read when you ask for help, especially when you're price-lowballing. Even if it's for someone else.

Fine I will make pc with a mice and keyboard and everything else but the speaker for $500. Second hand parts to .

1 - Ain't happening

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/RyanMacRocks/saved/#view=YKxdnQ

Brand new PC with all peripherals (except OS) that will play GTA V at 1366 by 768 30+ fps.

Main PC: i5 4590 @ 3.5 GHz ♦ RX 480 Armor OC ♦ 16 GB DDR3 ♦ GA-Z97-HD3 ♦ 120 GB 840 EVO ♦ 120 GB Intel 520 ♦ W10 Home

Scrapyard PC: Xeon X5460 @ 3.8 GHz ♦ HD 7870 ♦ 8 GB DDR2 ♦ GA-P35-DS3L ♦ 80 GB Intel 320 ♦ 160 GB WD Caviar SE ♦ W10 Home

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/RyanMacRocks/saved/#view=YKxdnQ

Brand new PC with all peripherals (except OS) that will play GTA V at 1366 by 768 30+ fps.

Does the GPU have a VGA out port? The monitor only has a VGA interface apparently. I didn't specify 1080p originally so I can't deny anything else.

-amd a10-7850k $110 ( micro center new )

-gigabyte ga-f2a78m-hd fm2+ $60 ( newegg new)

-evga (2x4) ddr3 2400 $55 ( micro center new)

-asus essentio desktop pc case with 400W psu $12 ( eBay used )

-wd 250 gb internal 7200rpm 3.5" hard drive $13 (micro center refurbished )

-Lenovo keyboard and mouse $5 (eBay new open box )

-Samsung sync master 940BF 19" LCD monitor $30 (eBay used )

-acer ms1238US 2-piece USB powered pc speaker with 3.5mm jack $13 ( eBay manufacturer refurbished )

-steam os or Linux ( free )

Grand total: $298 American

And u could get a better monitor and other stuff .

Or if u don't want a apu:

-amd Athlon x4 860k $75 ( newegg new )

-gigabyte ga-f2a78m-d3h fm2+ $60 ( newegg new)

-evga (2x4) ddr3 2400 $55 ( micro center new)

-asus essentio desktop pc case with 400W psu $12 ( eBay used )

-wd 250 gb internal 7200rpm 3.5" hard drive $13 (micro center refurbished )

-Lenovo keyboard and mouse $5 (eBay new open box )

-Samsung sync master 940BF 19" LCD monitor $30 (eBay used )

-acer ms1238US 2-piece USB powered pc

speaker with 3.5mm jack $13 ( eBay manufacturer refurbished )

-steam os or Linux ( free )

-evga gtx 960 4gb ssc $230 ( newegg new and comes with metal gear solid 5 )

Grand total: $493 American

$7 to spare

A a10 could run GTA 5,battle 4 and even witcher 3 at 30 fps average. So shut ur mouth.

I would rather save the extra $202 instead of a 10+ fps difference