@niofalpha @wangyuji431  intelburntest maxtemp 82 degrees at 4590MHz, can I overclock it a bit more or is this the max?

Back to using benchmarks?

Although it is convenient, I would use a gaming scenario in a demanding game, as that is more realistic and probably lower temps.

You can overclock it a bit more.

Although gaming is both more fun a benchmark and more accurate.

@wangyuji431 never mind, its called different in my language, its like numbers that you cant divide right?

@wangyuji431 whaaaat? explain, i know a bit of pcs but not that much.... jezzz

Isnt calculating prime numbers like supernatural?

There are certain types of prime numbers known as mersenne primes. these have an exponentials based on two to the power of a minus one times two to the power of a plus two to the power of 2a and so on... then plus 2 to the power of (a-1)b. Or swap, etc.

@wangyuji431 never mind, its called different in my language, its like numbers that you cant divide right?

Yes

@wangyuji431 , how much more can i get out of my cpu btw?

The silicon lottery dictates that...

It depends

If there was a set amount of mhz that you could get out of your cpu, then the manufacturers would set that as the default clock.

Go up until your system crashes, then dial back at bios.

There are certain types of prime numbers known as mersenne primes. these have an exponentials based on two to the power of a minus one times two to the power of a plus two to the power of 2a and so on... then plus 2 to the power of (a-1)b. Or swap, etc.

So kinda like an algorithm?

What is the max of Volt i should use?

So kinda like an algorithm?

What is the max of Volt i should use?

Yes.

Some say 1.35 volts, some say 1.3

1.35 is as far as I would EVER go.

Past that, and you get into pixie dust and explosions or fry your CPU.

your Voltage is a bit haig for 4.5Ghz i got mine on 1.25V and was stable. 

Needs Update

@wangyuji431  lol with a friend I was at 1.65V..... ffffuuuuuuu

LOLWUT?

I guess mirror your friend, although tbh it really depends on your card.

@wangyuji431 card? u mean cpu right?

Ya, cpu can be referred to as a card, although that usually references pcie cpu extensions for supercomputers.

So just CPU, so yes.

@wangyuji431 soooo I shouldnt oc more because my system will be unstable or do you think i can squeeze an extra 100mhz out of it?

@wangyuji431 soooo I shouldnt oc more because my system will be unstable or do you think i can squeeze an extra 100mhz out of it?

I think you can, although others may caution you. Anyways, just test until your PC crashes, and then go down to the nearest past overclock, and you're set.

@wangyuji431  hmmm, i think ill keep it this way for now and maybe later i will oc. Now i dont really have the energy to oc and my pc is really stable now. Maybe next afternoon i will take a look at it and let you know.

@clementk atm its 1.28V at 4590MHz

yeah then its fine that 100+ Mhz is really hard to get if its runing to hot just keep it at 4.5Ghz

Needs Update

@theereal , well, i have one of the best AIO watercoolers on the market, should i go on liquid nitrogen? btw on aida maxtemp 66 degrees celcius

Liquid Nitrogen, i dont think thats a long term solution.

Hey guys, im overclocking my cpu and decided to let my Rog motherboard oc my cpu. My cooler is a h220x swiftech and my cpu is an i5-4690k. My mb came up with 1.28V and 4.5GHz clockspeed. I ran Prime95 and it came to a temperature of 95 degrees after 2min. Is this okay or should I downclock my cpu?

that is hot but not too bad i would say set 4.2/4.3 ghz and set the boost clock to 4.5

Project black out: cpu: athlon x4 750k @4.7ghz, Mobo: asrock fm2+ a55 vg3+, ram: 1x 8gb hyperx 1866mhz, video card: 1x saphire radeon r9 270x, Storage: 1tb hdd ssd in the future,  cooling: 2 noctua 120mm fans 1 on rad one front intake.