980ti or wait for Pascal architecture

@FLUFFYJELLO , but the Pascal cards will be 16nm, instead of 28nm. Some rumors say that there will be 5000-6000 cudacores which means that the performance would be increased by 50-80%

@FLUFFYJELLO , but the Pascal cards will be 16nm, instead of 28nm. Some rumors say that there will be 5000-6000 cudacores which means that the performance would be increased by 50-80%

@FLUFFYJELLO , there will be 17 billion transistors, thats an increase over 50% 

There is never 100% scaling with electrical components. Tasks that use 8 threads do not scale 1:1 in computing performance, which is why an i7 is not exactly twice as fast as an equally clocked i5. What we have right now are rumors, because the products aren't out yet. Speculation is all well and good, but nobody can say for sure how new tech will perform. Pascal could have all of those cores and transistors, but if the smaller architecture can't handle the current and the card can only be clocked at, say, 700MHz with a boost to 850MHz, then the performance gain will most definitely not scale with the physical increase in componentry. And we don't know how the cards will overclock either. There are too many variables to consider right now, which is why I keep saying to everyone that is asking "buy this great product now or wait for the next generation which is projected to be XX% better?" : Pull the trigger, regret nothing. If it's good now, it will be good for a while. No company will intentionally make their own products, especially those as recent as the Maxwell series cards, obsolete going only 1 generation back.

I will point you to the second sentence in your own post: "Some rumors say..." Speculate all you want, and keep waiting for the next big thing; but the thing about technology is: everything becomes outdated rather fast. Nothing is "futureproof" in the tech world. Nothing. And unless you have copious amounts of disposable income (something the majority of people do not have), you need to be satisfied with the purchases you make. Otherwise you will be an extremely unhappy individual. 

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

If you want unlimited Power now, get the 980Ti.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

@Pool @Delusional Phil  I currently have a gtx770 and a screenresolution 1440p 144hz gsynz

What game do you play ? 

I think you can hold out on Pascal because it could come at the end of Q1 2016 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

@Delusional Phil , I play CSGO and sometimes GTA. Some games like the witcher etc. I really want to play too, but I want to have the best graphics possible so I can enjoy more.

@Pool , I'm looking for a GPU which is the most futurproof, and I'm asking myself if the Pascal bring a huge change, like twice as good, is it worth to wait an extra year? Also, I expect that the GPU will bring ultra quality for atleast a few years.

Well, if Nvidia isn't lying Pascal should be the most futur proof generation "but" DX12 is something to consider... it wouldn't be surprising to see the 980ti last an awfull amount of time at 1440 just because of the enhancements coming with DX12. Still nobody can see in the futur, it's all about trusting nvidia or not. 

@Delusional Phil , I play CSGO and sometimes GTA. Some games like the witcher etc. I really want to play too, but I want to have the best graphics possible so I can enjoy more.

Then I think you should wait because AAA titles games this year aren't exactly that optimise ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

@Pool , which enhancements?

DX 12 is advertised as being able to do more with less. Wich means that current DX12 compatible GPUs will benefit from that.

@Pool the Pascal GPU will also be compatible with DX12 if I'm not mistaken?

It wouldn't make any sense if it wasn't!

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro

Yes it will

@RyGuy99 @Pool , I know, stupid question, I'm a bit tired.... Just realised it was a bit retarded.

@RyGuy99 @Pool , I know, stupid question, I'm a bit tired.... Just realised it was a bit retarded.

It's all good. We've all been there!

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro