980ti or wait for Pascal architecture

Depends. Do you want to wait another year? Pascal is 2016..

980ti is like broken with windows 10 apparently 

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

I have not heard of it? WHy would it be

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

What GPU do you have currently ? 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

It will work fine on release.

At least that's what Nvidia/Microsoft says.

980Ti and then Pascal if money isn't a problem.

If not, just get a 980 and get Pascal later.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Title explains it all.

Get the 980 Ti! It will still be AWESOME after the Pascal release and beyond. Just like the other previous generation GPUs. 

Echelon Mk 2.11 

Spoiler
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-6500
  • Cooler: Cryorig H7 (With a 120 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB)
  • Motherboard: MSI B150M Bazooka Plus
  • Memory: 16 (2x8) GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury (Black)
  • Video Card: Sapphire NITRO R9 390 (Stock)
  • Storage:  1 TB Western Digital Blue
  • Power Supply: 520 W Seasonic M12II Evo (with custom extensions and cable combs)
  • Casing: NZXT S340 Elite (Matte Black)
  • Fans: 2x 120 mm & 3x 140 mm Thermaltake Riing RGB
  • Display: 22 " LG Flatron L227WTG-PF LCD (OCed to 76 Hz)
  • Keyboard: Logitech K120
  • Mouse: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
  • Mousepad: SteelSeries QcK
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

It really depends. If you are happy/semi happy with your current set-up I would recommend to wait. If you are crying every time you have to turn down graphic settings then grab 980Ti.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Nope it isnt. You just cant "pre-order" windows 10 because the database doesnt recognize the card yet, so windows thinks the card is too bad.

I think you can just "pre-order" it by taking out the card, installing windows 10, and putting it back in 

System: CPU - I5-6500 Motherboard - Asus B150M-A RAM - Crucial ballistix sport 2x4GB DDR4 @2400MHz GPU - RX 480 PSU - Seasonic S12II 520W Case - Aerocool Aero-800 HDD - Seagate 1TB SSD - PNY CS1311 120GB Monitor - AOC G2260VWQ6

i wait for the main Cards like the 680, 780, 980, 1080. then buy two. normally lasts two years !

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Get the 980 Ti! It will still be AWESOME after the Pascal release and beyond. Just like the other previous generation GPUs. 

Pretty much this. A new architecture doesn't make all previous immediately obsolete. Pull the trigger on what you want, or else you'll always be waiting for the newest greatest thing.

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

The Nvidia drivers are shit currently, but not just for Windows 10. Nvidia REALLY dropped the ball on the last few releases especially the Windows 10 drivers, but they are fixing them. I finally have a good driver after 3 different revisions from contacting Nvidia. Still buggy though, but they had better work it out before the launch in 4 days.

@byalexandr , Well, I'm going to study in like 2 years, and I dont want to upgrade when im studying, because then I will need the money. So I'm looking for a card which is futurproof for some years, 5 to 10 years. But some say that Pascal will make a huge difference, so thats why im wondering.

Im willing to spend like 800 euros

@byalexandr , Well, I'm going to study in like 2 years, and I dont want to upgrade when im studying, because then I will need the money. So I'm looking for a card which is futurproof for some years, 5 to 10 years. But some say that Pascal will make a huge difference, so thats why im wondering.

Im willing to spend like 800 euros

Well of course Pascal will make a huge difference. If it is 10x as powerful as it supposedly is, then it is definitely worth waiting. However the 980 Ti is still no slouch.

@byalexander , thats the problem, Im looking for a card that is capable to go with the flow for a decade. If the pascal performs way better then the 980ti, then I think its worth waiting because its a choice that i dont want to regret several years. Do you know how much the Pascal will have an impact?

@Pool @Delusional Phil  I currently have a gtx770 and a screenresolution 1440p 144hz gsynz

Then it will depends of your budget. 980ti if you have 500$ to invest every year in a GPU or wait for pascal if you want a 1440 killer or possibly upgrader to 4k

@Pool , I'm looking for a GPU which is the most futurproof, and I'm asking myself if the Pascal bring a huge change, like twice as good, is it worth to wait an extra year? Also, I expect that the GPU will bring ultra quality for atleast a few years.

@Pool , I'm looking for a GPU which is the most futurproof, and I'm asking myself if the Pascal bring a huge change, like twice as good, is it worth to wait an extra year? Also, I expect that the GPU will bring ultra quality for atleast a few years.

No tech next year will bring a 100% performance increase over the previous generation. Forgetting the fact that we've been seeing 10-20% increases (if that) for the last 3 generations of graphics cards, if either brand put out anything that powerful it would kill their entire lineup of other cards at all price points. It's less an architectural question and more of a financial benefit question. We're not looking at some humongous jump with Pascal, probably just another 10-20% bump.

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

@FLUFFYJELLO , so it wont make a big change?

If history tells us anything about graphics card advancement, most likely it won't. The biggest thing is the introduction of HBM into Nvidia's lineup. But look at it this way: the 780Ti is still an insane force to be reckoned with and plays modern titles very well. You can expect at least that much longevity out of the 980Ti. Even more so since it generally overclocks extremely well.