Tech Confession Time!

rustikles

I tried Linux. ....

Fuck Dat shiet

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

I love Linus and I trust his opinions but I don't see why he likes HardwareCanucks. I think their reviews are total garbage.

Just a few:

I'm only studying Cisco networking in college simply because there are no hardware technology classes offered at my college (They eliminated all things hardware the quarter before I started).

I think my FX-8350 is the shit, despite knowing that there are definitely better chips out there.

I bought a Surface Pro 3 because it looked cool.

I have 4 NewEgg wishlists of builds that will never happen (but who doesn't)

I built my first computer on the concept of "This is like LEGOs, right? If it lines up, it works, right?" - I got really lucky and built a solid $600 PC.

I'm absolutely horrible at computers in terms of software. My computer is horribly optimized for software related tasks. My last install had almost 100 processes on startup.

Not sure if these are exactly relevant confessions, but they are mine nevertheless.

EDIT: An addition...

I firmly believe that if you don't literally shed blood, sweat, and occasionally tears when building a computers, you will experience issues. I have scars on my right thumb from cuts when assembling and reassembling my computer (mainly from latching the heatsink). The one time I didn't bleed when putting my computer together, a surge hit my house and fried a few components several days later.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

I once failed to notice that the plastic mounting bracket on my parents old 02' Pentium 4 machine was cracked in one of the corners. I figured this out only after I replaced the thermal paste (due to unexpected shutdowns via overheating). Needless to say, that machine is done for... whose motherboard now sets mounted on my wall as some techie decor... -_-

post-62384-0-81846500-1425620764_thumb.j

Running a 1366x768 monitor for the past 5 years... no cash to upgrade yet.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

I've got a doozie...

...but I can't tell.

(doesn't involve social engineering or cracking/"hacking", I don't 'hack')

Edit: But seriously, it's just something I'd like to do, but almost certainly never will (but it's not illegal, and it doesn't involve anyone else even if I did) but I've already said too much 

:o  :unsure:

;)

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

-I started out with a Dell Inspiron with a Integrated i3 and 500GB HDD and "Gamed" on it

-I spent $2000 on a "Gaming" Laptop once

-In the past I took my stuff into the local computer store and got charged out the ass since I wasn't learning hardware then

-When I VERY first started studying PC hardware, my Desktop concept was a APU + Dual 780Ti's.... *bottleneck much?*

-My First version of my PC used a internal Wi-Fi Card that had Antennas.... *God did that crash my PC a LOT | LAN FTW

My System has a Intel Core i7 4790k @4.5ghz Cooled by A Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO With a MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition and 16GB of Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz Memory.

I once electrocuted myself trying to get a tape out of a TV/VCR combo. It was WWF.

When I was younger I use to make the magical white smoke appear often while working on store bought PC's.

I owned an HP laptop back in 2006. Sorry I had to they were just, so bad then.

I use an AMD A6 for gaming  :(

HAHAHAHAH

-Svoboman!

A couple of weeks ago I grabbed hold of a live PS1 power board after pressing its off button :rolleyes:  

I want to figure out a way to mo-cap from 2D video.

Also, would like to figure out how to mo-cap my own movements direct to an occulus I'm wearing.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

I just "finished" (You're never really finished) building a $3200 rig. Probably can't afford to either....

Kill the Machine!

I started to talk before the age of 1,

Since then I spent my free time studying, my grandparents used to teach me everything they could at a very young age

At the age of 6, I hated the shit they taught at schools, I didn't stop studying just didn't study what they taught their

I got 8A* (IGCSE) without studying and I was sick because of the panicking & intense amount of pressure

So understanding what a short circuit is at the age of 3 was not that hard 

Damn dude nice, i worked out which hole the square block went into when i was 3 xD

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

I dont have a gaming pc. i game on a laptop with a intel i5 and hd graphics 4000..

Please, follow your own posts and mention me in comments, otherwise i won't be able to help you.

Daily OS: OpenBSD -current

I used to use a trackball mouse :(

(That was only about a year ago)

I bought an i7 4790k when i had an i5 4570, because there was one world in modded minecraft that i only got 20 fps in

My only laptop is an HP.

My only tablet is an iPad 2.

I upgraded from a 7200 rpm HDD to a 5400 rpm SSHD

I use TN panels

I use membrane keyboards

I think Vista is not bad

I do not think Windows 7 was very good

I spent a crapton on Noctua fans

I sometimes think I need 2 optical drives

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

I am using i3 with R9 280x for gaming.

..and in 720p monitor. :(

I am using an i3 4360 with a radeon 7750 xD, but 2  1080p monitors.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

My keyboard cost more than either one or my monitors. (Acer refurb something 1080p IPS for $120. Brand new Corsair K70 for $130.)

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Effed up my motherboard's bios because I didn't see Asus say in bold "FLASH BIOS TWICE"

Now I can't use more than two dimms on it until the new bios chip reaches

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.8GHZGPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X (X2 - SLI)RAM: 24GB | Storage: 128GB 960 PRO M.2 SSD, 1TB & 750GB HDD | Operating System: Windows 10, MacOS High Sierra