So my friend tried to build a PC... I Brad-a-fied it.

So my mate I haven't seen in a long time puts in a special request. It's for building him a PC. I go 'Ok, I got this. What's your budget?'... and all the rest of that product selection crap etc.

So we decide on parts for this PC, I'm totally cool for it, he's a mate, so I'll do it for free ;)

Today he messages me on Facebook with pictures of the new PC assembled, that he built. Naturally I'm mad, so I say to him 

you have every right to build it yourself, it's you computer but you don't get me to let me think I'm building it for you, then turn your ass around without telling me and show me a shitty product

He gets the message. He says he built it with a close friend who recently had his father pass away, and I would have left it there but he offered for me to come around and fix it up.

Naturally I said yes :)

This his PC after he built it:

pxAf0oh.jpg?1

Just bad cable management really.

It's not as bad as when a customer while I was on work experience didn't use any mobo standoffs and I had to fix it :P

And this Is After I fixed it up :)

GlaaODk.jpg

Got any n00b friends building their own PC stories?

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I have two friends who, when trying to fix something, just end up taking it apart and losing some of the components.

I...just facepalm and kindly suggest they don't try taking things apart anymore.

Do they listen...?

._."

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Front panel headers not running behind the motherboard? n00b! Hahaha jk. I know people can have problems when they do that but i do it anyway because it looks SOO good

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Coolermaster hyper 212 evo push+pull

Powercolor 7950 pcs+ @1100 mhz core 1400mhz mem

Coolermaster haf 912 advanced 120mm rear, 200mm top 200mm front

Corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600 MHZ

Windows 8 64bit

Silverstone essentials 500w ST50F-ES

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

I have two friends who, when trying to fix something, just end up taking it apart and losing some of the components.

I...just facepalm and kindly suggest they don't try taking things apart anymore.

Do they listen...?

._."

No... Never that would just be too easy.. wouldn't it??

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Front panel headers not running behind the motherboard? n00b! Hahaha jk. I know people can have problems when they do that but i do it anyway because it looks SOO good

Well i'm guessing it would have been a pain to take the motherboard off completely to route the cables behind :P

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Well i'm guessing it would have been a pain to take the motherboard off completely to route the cables behind :P

BUT THE CLEAN LOOKS!!!!!!!! IT IS WORTH IT !!!!!!!

msi h77ma g43 

i5 3470

Coolermaster hyper 212 evo push+pull

Powercolor 7950 pcs+ @1100 mhz core 1400mhz mem

Coolermaster haf 912 advanced 120mm rear, 200mm top 200mm front

Corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600 MHZ

Windows 8 64bit

Silverstone essentials 500w ST50F-ES

Samsung dvd drive

2x 250GB Hitachi RAID0

Seagate Barracuda 2tb

LG IPS235p

Razer Blackwidow

Razer Deathadder

I had a friend who planned on building his own pc, then when he's about to order it he goes full retard, and orders one of those custom pre-builts with a 3820 "Because it's good at overclocking" and wastes around 300$ on that...

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

My friend removed the front panel headers from his case and just left it on the table. 

._.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I had a friend who planned on building his own pc, then when he's about to order it he goes full retard, and orders one of those custom pre-builts with a 3820 "Because it's good at overclocking" and wastes around 300$ on that...

never_go_full_retard_icon818.jpg

This is why you have to guide his money from his hands to the parts. :P

I normally would have Because it's so sexy that way <3 but was really stripped for time. Had to get this done in 1 hour and 15 min.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

never_go_full_retard_icon818.jpg

This is why you have to guide his money from his hands to the parts. :P

I tried, but he went offline on skype for an hour or so.. He could have gotten a 4670K With nice watercooling in a 900D (Which was his primary case choice but the pre-built only had Haf X) and a ridicoulous overclock... And another 780 for the same money... but no... He didn't listen...

Yep, Loads of people in my school are now trying to build there own pc's because of me. People that don't understand the difference between Storage memory or ram. People who don't understand how a hard drive works. One of them's even an incredibly thick, chavy guy! And they wont accept help! Oh joy :D

hello

I tried, but he went offline on skype for an hour or so.. He could have gotten a 4670K With nice watercooling in a 900D (Which was his primary case choice but the pre-built only had Haf X) and a ridicoulous overclock... And another 780 for the same money... but no... He didn't listen...

That's... a lot of money.

I could use money like that...and build a gaming room with several systems :D

I'm the only computer genius in my high school. I've mastered everything upto water cooling. I have to work on understanding that

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

That's... a lot of money.

I could use money like that...and build a gaming room with several systems :D

He spent ~2000£ On the system in total. You just don't go full retard with 2000£...

Wow thtat case is just a Thor ripoff 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Wow thtat case is just a Thor ripoff 

It's the very exact same case, just different side panels. I have the feels Aerocool and Rosewell are partner companies ;)

Good build quality surprisingly

It's the very exact same case, just different side panels. I have the feels Aerocool and Rosewell are partner companies ;)

Good build quality surprisingly

That's what I was thinking. Hopefully or Aerocool is just sad

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

What is that red cable running along the top?

Usb 3 pass-through for front panel. It's a poor design choice, though a few cases have it.

A very nice system, especially with the one with non-modular psu

AMD FX 8350, ASUS GTX 770 DirectCUII, ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0, CORSAIR TX 750, CORSAIR VEANGENCE BLACK 8GB'S 1600Mhz, Hyper 212 evo, Aerocool Strike-X GT, Crucial M4 128GB SSD, Seagate Baracuda 2TB, Asus CrapReader 

Usb 3 pass-through for front panel. It's a poor design choice, though a few cases have it.

ive seen a Lianli case out of all the cases to have that dumb design. I wont even consider buying pieces of crap like that.

I don't do builds for people unless they hand over the money and I do the rest. I don't have the time or the patience to deal with people's bs. Don't waste my time thinking you know of better than the computer guy you're going to for help because he knows more than you do.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers