Your most bittersweet tech moments?

STRMfrmXMN

Ooooooffff....

I wish I could be you. I need something better than an Ivy Bridge Pentium :/

They are using the new one. It was them being mean considering I offered earlier. But hey at least I got to mess with it and get it going for them.

I'm running a 3710? I think. 660m on this thing.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Knowing that i'm getting an upgrade from an old flagship pentium 4 sponsored , but that being to an AMD sempron..

prince-o.gif

Details separate people.

Why am I the only PC enthusiast that likes iOS better the Android?

Your not. I am too.

#got a ps2 after the ps3 came out.

spent $250 on a new 3DS XL (old 3ds was too small and had a cracked screen) just to see on YouTube the next day that the NEW 3DS was coming out in a week

spent $250 on a new 3DS XL (old 3ds was too small and had a cracked screen) just to see on YouTube the next day that the NEW 3DS was coming out in a week

That sucks

Return it?

Return it?

they would only give me money back for the used price not new

Purchasing DayZ Standalone.

or

Reading the stuff about the Xbone just before it came out. Although, that was a blessing in disguise because it led me to say "fuck it, I'm going back to PC" lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Isn't that more of an upgrade? Unless you need something portable?

Didn't think I was getting an upgrade... It was bitter because I broke my laptop so had nothing and we didn't have the money for me to get anything then I got a gaming rig for my birthday/christmas present so that is the sweet.

Pretty much every laptop of mine except my second one has been a bittersweet experience.

The worst though was when my parents bought me a new laptop for my 21st birthday (every one prior had been used). 16" Toshiba Satellite with a Core 2 Duo, 4GB of RAM and a dedicated ATI Radeon of some kind. Awesome. At the time I had a Compaq with a single core 32-bit Celeron 440m, 1.5GB of RAM with Integrated Intel 945G graphics (don't worry, I had a gaming desktop too, the laptop was mostly for school). Well the Toshiba lasted all of half an hour. It went into thermal shutdown. After it cooled off, I kept it on an A/C vent and did a factory reset. I took it back to where my parents bought it, paid and extra 50 bucks and left with an HP since I was having good luck with HP/Compaq at the time.

Now the Toshiba dying was itself a bittersweet moment. When I got home with the new one, it was compounded. Turion X2 RM-74. Seemed nice at first. I later learned that CPU SUCKED. It got to the point that even basic stuff would trip it up. Blu-Ray drive. Frickin sweet in 2009. Except, I used it only once and having a Blu-Ray drive at that price point meant no dedicated GPU. Instead I get a Radeon HD 3200, which wasn't terrible, just crap compared to what I started that day off with. 17" screen, cool. Bigger is better right? NOT WHEN YOU'RE IN COLLEGE. That bastard was heavy. Killed my shoulders. At my community college we had full size desks just like we had in High School. But University. Uuuuggghhh those theater seating classrooms. Those stupid tiny fold out desks. No room for that beast in half my classes.

So basically, yay new laptop, aww it broke already. Yay! Another one.... hey, this thing sucks for school. Honestly I put NO thought into picking that one out. I just picked the one closest in price to what my parents bought first.

Probably whenever I bought my H110 from @1Scotty1 and it broke in 2 weeks (completely not his fault) and I had to RMA the whole fucking thing

Or when I got the working H110 and was all excited to just got 4.8GHz and leave it but my chip can't even go over 4.6GHz :'(

Well i think my moment wasn't even my fault, and i'm still stuck with it.

So, back when haswell was just released, i got a nice 4670k with a blue/black msi board. Because the rest of my system was also blue/black

After 3 months, i got a H100i and a second 6950, already had one, and i really wanted a second one because i wanted to go crossfire, i had the cpu power, more gpu was all i needed.

So, installed the cooler and the gpu, and it worked! But with installing the GPU i accidentally scratched the motherboard, result: audio died.

My motherboard broken, i decided to get it out of my rig and bring it back to the computer shop i bought it from 3 months ago, once arrived, they told me they needed my whole rig because they need to be sure my diagnose was right. So, much hassle later (i mean 2x6950's, the big asus 3-slot cooler ones + h100i + big antec 1200 and everything else, getting that down from the third floor down the stairs, not easy). And it was finally there, and they told me they would check it asap. 3 days later, i got a call it was fixed. Quite suprised by their quick fix because the motherboard wasn't in stock, i expected that they still had a board somewhere else for such occasions. Turned out they replaced it with an UGLY GOLDEN SHOWER ASUS ONE O_O

The complete theme of my build completely ruined! I was really mad and went on a rampage, and they didn't care... So even today i'm still stuck with it... Yea...

Given that you damaged it, you're lucky they replaced it at all :P

Given that you damaged it, you're lucky they replaced it at all :P

Yea i broke it but it wasn't obvious that i did it, i mean you couldn't see the scratch marks unless you knew they were there :P

And if they didn't replace it i would just stick with a usb audio adapter, i have that anyway and i had to use it with my old motherboard because the audio on that was also dead because of the same reason, but it wasn't my fault back then :D Bought it 2nd hand and it was already broken. 

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I finally convinced my parents to give me a phone for my birthday (I got a HTC One M8 last October) and now all I use it for is surfing the web/YouTube when I can't be bothered to use my PC..

my first console Playstation o boi was i happy played it for hours tekken 1 and 2 and ofcourse C&C series

I finally convinced my parents to give me a phone for my birthday (I got a HTC One M8 last October) and now all I use it for is surfing the web/YouTube when I can't be bothered to use my PC..

Get DuoLingo and learn a new language. Done. xD

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I got my first gaming mouse and I cleaned it every time I was done playing a game or using my computer to keep it from getting dirty or scuffed up.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.