utorrent Virus?

jos

I'VE BEEN USING 3.4.3 and it's been fine for a while, nothing wrong with it :L So i don't know where all this information is coming from.

Utorrent itself is safe but sometimes bundle toolbars that majority AV detected as adware or potentially unwanted application, but when you download and install applications from untrusted sources, then you will get infected. This is why people avoid UTorrent for the sake of it.

still using 2.2.1 here

qbittorrent is nice but my only gripe with it that it didnt have a scheduler like utorrent's one

deluge problem was the ui (wasnt like utorrent's one)

but both didnt have utorrent portability (i didnt have to install it everytime i reformat and reinstall windows as the exe and the settings files are all in the same folder)

CPU: i5-4690 | CoolerCRYORIG H7 |GPU: PowerColor TurboDuo R9 280X OC RAM: G.skill RipjawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 CL9Motherboard: ASUS B85M-E | SSD: ADATA XPG SX900 128GB |HDD: Western Digital Caviar BLUE 1TBCase: Cooler Master K281PSU: SeaSonic ECO 600W | Monitor: Samsung S24D390HL 24 Inch PLS

People still use Utorrent....?

> it's bloated...and has been for a while.

Still using Frostwire/Limewire/Bearshare/WinMX?

:)

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Let me correct that *MOST of torrent files downloaded through bit or u torrent have viruses*

Actually it's really rare and most in software that is niche like maps or something like that. TV shows and movies have no viruses if you download them from decent sites.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Who still uses uTorrent?

Why should they be making money off someone else's piracy via advertisements?

That's more legit stealing than those shady characters who pirate.

You should all be using deluge.

Tixati is super lightweight, and gets me full speeds :)

for some odd reason Tixati is blocked by some trackers, I use Transmission on a Linux machine

Used to use uTorrent, then the malware patches came out...

Switched to Deluge, adapted to it in all of 60 seconds, and off I went. Zero problems since.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Stopped using Bittorrent ever since they started putting adds , won't look back at all qBittorrent is golden.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

Tixati was actually the only bittorrent software that I tried (qbittorrent and transmission) that could actually load the .torrent file for the 400 gig Hacking Team leak, so it gains a +1 from me.

Although quite regularly it uses >1 gig of ram (out of 16). Don't know if it's because of the 400+ gig torrent, or what.

I use tixati as my client and I have never seen it use even close to that much memory.  I'm guessing it's the massive files that it's trying to manage.

qbittorrent just like old utorrent but better

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Bit and U torrent files are filled with viruses.

What? No they aren't. Yes, some torrent files contain viruses. Anything with a vb or java script is a big warning. Also, many EXE's may contain viruses. But the vast majority of what people torrent: Movie and TV shows in mp4, avi, or mkv files, are predominantly safe. Just use a trusted tracker website and read the comments of any torrent. Also scan the downloaded file with your AV once it finishes.

I now use deluge on my pc and server

Same. Deluge is an excellent client. Very lightweight, never crashes or causes issues.

Most files are tv shows, music and movies which are not viruses.

Agreed.

Actually it's really rare and most in software that is niche like maps or something like that. TV shows and movies have no viruses if you download them from decent sites.

Agreed.

I'd never use uTorrent anymore. It's most definitely no longer trustworthy.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

What? No they aren't. Yes, some torrent files contain viruses. Anything with a vb or java script is a big warning. Also, many EXE's may contain viruses. But the vast majority of what people torrent: Movie and TV shows in mp4, avi, or mkv files, are predominantly safe. Just use a trusted tracker website and read the comments of any torrent. Also scan the downloaded file with your AV once it finishes.

Same. Deluge is an excellent client. Very lightweight, never crashes or causes issues.

Agreed.

Agreed.

I'd never use uTorrent anymore. It's most definitely no longer trustworthy.

Fine :P MOST* of them are :P

It's just to prevent piracy :L

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Fine :P MOST* of them are :P

I'd argue that, in fact, most torrents are not viruses. At least, most torrents that actually get downloaded.

There might be millions of virus torrents out there, but the ones that get downloaded the most are almost always virus free.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)