Halo-quality alternatives on PC?

Alir

By 'Halo-quality', I mean games with deep rich and well thought out storylines and characters.

The key thing I loved about Halo, was its legendary soundtracks which were ignored in Halo 4. {Thanks Obama}

Games like Assassins Creed which have you finishing the game and then replaying to further understand the storyline, google around for missing info, etc.

Serious Sam 2 (if you are more into crazy/funny/very difficult stuff).

Dont get me wrong... is has B story but it is done well and on purpose.

EDIT:

If it doesent have to be shooter:

I cant recommend enough this game: Dust an Elysian Tail

Call Of Duty  :P

But sroiusly get witcher 3 

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

Call Of Duty  

get out.

Actually, saying that, COD actually used to have a great storyline and pretty cool characters (they didn't have deep personalities or anything). That was of course during MW1-2 before COD went downhill, providing sexually frustrated 5 year olds a safe haven

get out.

Actually, saying that, COD actually used to have a great storyline and pretty cool characters (they didn't have deep personalities or anything). That was of course during MW1-2 before COD went downhill, providing sexually frustrated 5 year olds a safe haven

CoD still has like beast multiplayer (I join non 5 year old rooms)

Dragon Age: Origins and the Mass Effect Trilogy are quite excellent if you're looking for good story and characters.

Dragon Age: Origins and the Mass Effect Trilogy are quite excellent if you're looking for good story and characters.

Ah screw Mass Effect, they went all freemium with that whole pre-order bonus business

CoD still has like beast multiplayer (I join non 5 year old rooms)

Meh. Its alright I guess. The latest games do look fun but they seem to me, to be the kind of games best enjoyable when playing with your mates over at each others' house- as opposed to playing online. maybe it's just me

Meh. Its alright I guess. The latest games do look fun but they seem to me, to be the kind of games best enjoyable when playing with your mates over at each others' house- as opposed to playing online. maybe it's just me

I agree.Playing by yourself is seriously boring :/

half life 2, obviously

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

half life 2, obviously

Working on that.

Been playing Half Life 1 for the last year a half. It's an on and off thing.

I play a bit, then stop playing, then play again, then stop playing.

Half Life 1 is really boring. lol Maybe it's because it's the sort of game most enjoyable if you played it as a kid (hence the memories). A bit like Halo Combat Evolved.

But I seriously don't understand how people like Half Life so much. From what I have played so far, there are no characters you can emphasise with or understand. There's just Gordan Freeman who never talks and then there's the pedophile G-Man.

{I guess it gets better after a while - don't spoil the storyline. I intend to finish it eventually}

This. The best reply in the thread! Regardless of poor decisions made, the games are great.

I can only think of The Elder Scrolls, Metro, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Stalker and Dark Souls as other suggestions with well thought out stories, backgrounds, characters etc. Basically rich in detail.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Counter Strike Global Offensive.

AMD Phenom II B55 Quad / unlocked dual core 4.3ghz CB R15 = CB 422
XFX R9 390 8GB MY RIG: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/MVwQsY
Fastest 7770 on LTT . 3rd Fastest Phenom II Quad on LTT

PCSX2 on AMD CPU? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/412377-pcsx2-emulator-4096x2160-amd-phenom-ii/#entry5550588

Been playing Half Life 1 for the last year a half. It's an on and off thing.

I play a bit, then stop playing, then play again, then stop playing.

Half Life 1 is really boring. lol Maybe it's because it's the sort of game most enjoyable if you played it as a kid (hence the memories). A bit like Halo Combat Evolved.

But I seriously don't understand how people like Half Life so much. From what I have played so far, there are no characters you can emphasise with or understand. There's just Gordan Freeman who never talks and then there's the pedophile G-Man.

{I guess it gets better after a while - don't spoil the storyline. I intend to finish it eventually}

You don't understand why people like Half-Life so much because you have not played all of them  :P.

HL games are not boring (maybe Blue Shift), sure it has some outdated graphics by today's standards but those games are far from boring.

A year and a half to finish a game is not the way to play game.

If you're a fanboy of some game that may influence the way you look at a game though, that doesn't make a game boring, I've played both Halo and Half-Life games and both are great series, Halo 4 was "meh" though xD.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Borderlands 2 has a great story with hilarious characters

You don't understand why people like Half-Life so much because you have not played all of them  :P.

HL games are not boring (maybe Blue Shift), sure it has some outdated graphics by today's standards but those games are far from boring.

A year and a half to finish a game is not the way to play game.

If you're a fanboy of some game that may influence the way you look at a game though, that doesn't make a game boring, I've played both Halo and Half-Life games and both are great series, Halo 4 was "meh" though xD.

I'm not bothered about graphics. lol I still play Age of Empires and Battle for Middle Earth.

The thing with HL1 which really bothers me, is there is very little happening. The game just feels dull and unfinished. There is no great plot. No important characters other than Freeman who has little to no substance.

I'm not bothered about graphics. lol I still play Age of Empires and Battle for Middle Earth.

The thing with HL1 which really bothers me, is there is very little happening. The game just feels dull and unfinished. There is no great plot. No important characters other than Freeman who has little to no substance.

You need to see the game like if you have been around when it came out, of course it looks unfinished by today's standards the game came out in 1998 :P.

Every other FPS game owes something to HL1 and Doom.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

I think people remember HL1 in a nostalgic kind of way. In it's time the game was very good and pushed the genre forward beyond doom and quake, but the story and character development/interations don't hold up all that well against newer games. There is a big leap interms of story and characters from 1 to 2.

You need to see the game like if you have been around when it came out, of course it looks unfinished by today's standards the game came out in 1998 :P.

Every other FPS game owes something to HL1 and Doom.

I think people remember HL1 in a nostalgic kind of way. In it's time the game was very good and pushed the genre forward beyond doom and quake, but the story and character development/interations don't hold up all that well against newer games. There is a big leap interms of story and characters from 1 to 2.

lol. In which case, I can understand and appreciate it much better.

The only nostalgia I get is from the first level - we were very young when we played it and had no idea what to do. We just ran around the first level doing "stuff", without realising you have to put Freemans suit on by pressing "E" LOL Apparently that entertained us for a few months, before we figured it out and moved on. But we didn't really play much beyond that.  xD