Where to find Egpu chassis only?

Go to solution Solved by seanondemand,

The card has a thunderbolt 3 port? You mean one of those Radeon cards with usb-c outputs? Because that’s an output, not an interconnect. 

Hey, guys. This is kind of a stupid question but If my laptop has thunderbolt 3 and the graphics card already has a thunderbolt 3 port does that mean I wouldn't need an enclosure to use it? Are there any enclosures out there that only come with a mount for the PCIe slot and power supply without the expensive conversion parts?

I was having a tough time finding a definitive answer on google.

Sure, whole setup was junk before we had TB and enclosures. It’s one of those reasons why egpus never took off back in the day.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

10 minutes ago, Levent said:

Sure, whole setup was junk before we had TB and enclosures. It’s one of those reasons why egpus never took off back in the day.

Thanks, I'm having a tough time trying to find an affordable chassis for that setup. I don't understand why most are so expensive. 

24 minutes ago, Oygevalt said:

the graphics card already has a thunderbolt 3 port

Not aware of any, so what you're after would have no reason to exist. What card?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

Not aware of any, so what you're after would have no reason to exist. What card?

The purpose of that would be just to look nice to house the graphics card and the power supply. I mean they make cable management magnets at lmg right? I haven't decided yet what card honestly. I want to do reasearch on what works before I buy. I'm thinking of a mid range AMD 7000 series graphics card because they still include thunderbolt unlike Nvidia's recent cards.

The card has a thunderbolt 3 port? You mean one of those Radeon cards with usb-c outputs? Because that’s an output, not an interconnect. 

9 minutes ago, seanondemand said:

My mistake. I totally thought they actually came out with a card that had thunderbolt built into it lol. That would of been so sweet to get rid of all those expensive conversion kits. Thanks!

18 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

You can delete this thread, sorry for the confusion.