Terraria - A Tale of The Worst World Ever Possible...

Have you guys ever had one of those worlds, where you just feel like deleting it purely because the biomes are fked and the surface chests give you nothing of use? Well that happened to me, but I also have had some other issues with my world. 

It might seem like I'm ranting most of the time, and that's probably because I'm smashing the keys of my K70 through my desk. 

So, straight away, from when I started over and created an Expert world a couple days after 1.3 was released, I realised that I got screwed over. Somehow I got 3 Corruptions, 2 to the left, and another to the right, with my snow biome being placed inside the closer one on the left. My right side ocean, it's just terrible, completely flat at the bottom and shallow as a pin's shadow. My jungle was placed normally, and I did get 5 Desert Temples (got a decent amount of Gold from the money bags in them), but they're the only things going for my world. 

Don't even get me started how many Goblin Armies and Blood Moons I've had since I made it, lost count after the 20th Blood Moon and 15th Goblin Army. 

Not particularly specific to this world, but just a testament to how much luck I have, or lack thereof. When trying to create the Lightning Boots, I couldn't find a damn Aglet, I had to scout 3 and a half worlds to find one... One God damned Aglet... *sigh*

After making my world available for my friends to join for about the 7th time, one of them (only 3 of us) decided it'd be a great idea to kill the WoF (Wall of Flesh), so now, not only was my world an Expert one, but it was also in HardMode... Now please excuse me while I get 2 Solar Eclipses, 2 Goblin Invasions, Skele Prime and The Destroyer all spawn within one IRL day after going into HardMode. 

Back to biomes, my Hallow was kind enough to spawn about 500 blocks away from my house, so I had to do some 'Emergency House Protection', took me about 5-6 stacks of TNT but I was able to save my ~1000 block wide spawn area. 

So, tell me about your tales of disgustingly awful worlds, that have made you want to uninstall Re-Logic from life. 

And to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if The Moon Lord spawns in tomorrow ~.~

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

cry. my firned wasted 5$ on the game for me. I havent touched it

Hey, don't get me wrong, the game is amazing, just sharing my story about the world world ever created. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

I made a house surrounding the original spawn point and I have no problems with Hallow/Crimson/Corruption spreading into my base because they stop at a point for some reason. My group ended up just making a bridge of platforms in the to help travel and stuff (took a while to do on a medium world, but really is needed for certain bosses and travel). The chests stuff is just luck and if you want to farm for the chest items, its best to just make new worlds and quickly explore them. Also, expert mode isn't really that friendly at all.

I still have my very first world from Terraria 1.0.5 or something.

I've had many of my saved erased, so many clean installs without moving Documents. 

I remember getting it for my birthday in 2012. 

I made a house surrounding the original spawn point and I have no problems with Hallow/Crimson/Corruption spreading into my base because they stop at a point for some reason. My group ended up just making a bridge of platforms in the to help travel and stuff (took a while to do on a medium world, but really is needed for certain bosses and travel). The chests stuff is just luck and if you want to farm for the chest items, its best to just make new worlds and quickly explore them. Also, expert mode isn't really that friendly at all.

Yeah, kinda saddening when a Green Slime can 5-shot you...

I still have my very first world from Terraria 1.0.5 or something.

I wish I did because my save file has been wiped 3 times :(

I haven't touched it since

and I put 189 hours into it xD

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

I have had a terraria world the where the corruption was literally everywhere 4 biomes and the rest of the world was mostly ice with a small forest and jungle the dessert was at the beach.

It was bad.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

• 2 months later...

i once created an extra world just to get some extra fire traps. when i came to the temple i found out that the big "main" room with the spawning table thing was seperated from the rest of the dungeon, so it would be impossible to get in without a picksaw, wich you get from the golem who spawns at the spawning table inside the locked off room.

"Never quote yourself"

-I need a better name