I need some help! :D

Gsakel

Hi guys i want to build a new pc for 4k ( 2x monitors) gaming but I have no idea what graphics cards should I use...

3 way sli gtx titan x or 4 way sli gtx 980ti.

For 4k you only need 2x 980 Ti's, 3 if you really want to be weird. 4 is worthless as you get terrible performance out of it.

4 way SLI 980Ti

No.

I don't think 4 980Ti or 4 titian X could do 2x 4k monitor with max setting.

Unfortunately I would have to a barer of bad news to tell you that 4K multi monitor set ups can't be achieved nowadays. Scaling in SLI above 2 cards isn't that good and 2 980ti or titan X cards can only handle 4K 60fps in one 4k monitor.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

4 way SLI 980Ti

No, most games don't even support or fully utilize it

The best way to go is 2 way GTX 980ti SLI

Why do you need 2 4k monitors anyway?

Nothing will run well on that set-up

No, most games don't even support or fully utilize it

The best way to go is 2 way GTX 980ti SLI

Why do you need 2 4k monitors anyway?

Nothing will run well on that set-up

No reason [emoji53]

For 4k you only need 2x 980 Ti's, 3 if you really want to be weird. 4 is worthless as you get terrible performance out of it.

No.

....He said 2 4K monitors m8. Even 4 980Tis won't be enough. Anyways, if he has the money, why the hell not?

....He said 2 4K monitors m8. Even 4 980Tis won't be enough. Anyways, if he has the money, why the hell not?

I don't think you understand what "no" means. Gaming on two monitors is pointless to begin with. Second of all, 4-way scaling on both SLI and CFX is trash. Third, the perform would be terrible.

I don't think you understand what "no" means. Gaming on two monitors is pointless to begin with. Second of all, 4-way scaling on both SLI and CFX is trash. Third, the perform would be terrible.

1. The OP asked for a setup that could run 2 4K monitors. Out of the choices he gave us, the 4x 980Ti is best.

2. Scaling is trash, but he asked between those two so I said which was best.

3. The performance would not be terrible. It would be better than 3x Titan X, his other option.

4. Look up 'Ad hominem'. I understand what no means, thank you very much.

1. The OP asked for a setup that could run 2 4K monitors. Out of the choices he gave us, the 4x 980Ti is best.

2. Scaling is trash, but he asked between those two so I said which was best.

3. The performance would not be terrible. It would be better than 3x Titan X, his other option.

4. Look up 'Ad hominem'. I understand what no means, thank you very much.

1. No, because scaling for those is shit

2. See above

3. Yeah it would be

4. Oh boy, someone that uses Latin argumentum. You must know eeeeeveeeeeeeeerything.  :rolleyes:

Hi guys i want to build a new pc for 4k ( 2x monitors) gaming but I have no idea what graphics cards should I use...

3 way sli gtx titan x or 4 way sli gtx 980ti.

1. No, because scaling for those is shit

2. See above

3. Yeah it would be

4. Oh boy, someone that uses Latin argumentum. You must know eeeeeveeeeeeeeerything.  :rolleyes:

1. Titan X pretty much= 980Ti with 12GB VRAM. So 4 980Tis is better than 3 Titan Xs, or 980Tis.

2.'See Above'

3.'See above'

4. Just pointing out your amazingly pathetic debating techniques. 'Do you understand what no means'.

Everything above 2way SLI is wasted Money.

And 2 Monitors for Gaming?

You should rethink that.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

This one is the titan z

Yes, but linus says it takes 4 of these to get playable performance at triple 4k, just wanted to let you know that its not going to happen with our current tech.

1. Titan X pretty much= 980Ti with 12GB VRAM. So 4 980Tis is better than 3 Titan Xs, or 980Tis.

2.'See Above'

3.'See above'

4. Just pointing out your amazingly pathetic debating techniques. 'Do you understand what no means'.

Okay precious snowflake, it seems you still don't understand bad scaling.

Yes, but linus says it takes 4 of these to get playable performance at triple 4k, just wanted to let you know that its not going to happen with our current tech.

Thanks you helped me a lot

Okay precious snowflake, it seems you still don't understand bad scaling.

The point is, due to aftermarket pre OC 980Tis, Titan X = 980Ti. Obviously having 4 of one GPU will result in better performance than having 3 of one GPU. Either that or I am an idiot and am not getting something about scaling.

The point is, due to aftermarket pre OC 980Tis, Titan X = 980Ti. Obviously having 4 of one GPU will result in better performance than having 3 of one GPU. Either that or I am an idiot and am not getting something about scaling.

Four way scaling does not exist, you get as much or worse performance than three way scaling.

2 way CF Fury X or 2 way SLI 980 Ti is cost friendly... 

Going more than 2 cards usually results in bad scaling...

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Four way scaling does not exist, you get as much or worse performance than three way scaling.

You would not get worse performance... Also it exists to a tiny degree. I don't care if it is by 1FPS, or even 1point in fire strike, 4 way scaling DOES exist.