Intel Compute Stick Review

I would choose a laptop instead of this if I wanted something portable while I'm on the go for a couple of reasons

1) Storage. I'm going to need at lest 512 GB of storage for any type of computer to fill my storage needs.

2) I could do work on battery.

3) (Assuming it has a decent GPU) I could also do some lighter gaming to kill time.

I found a good review on this product - 

Also, if anyone wants to play Indie games on their TV, this is a great little stick. Awesomenaughts, Castle Crashers, Limbo, Nidhogg, BattleBlock Theater, Rouge Legacy, EvoLand and more are all playable at either 1080p or 720p. Also, Minecraft is playable at 720p, even more so with the Optifine mod. Also, source games, such as Portal 2, HL and HL2 are all playable @ 720p as well.

The Z3735F SOC has a Baytrail based ATOM CPU @ 1.33GHz and boosts to 1.83GHz. The Intel HD graphics are Gen 7, so based off of the Ivy Bridge Intel HD graphics with 4 EUs. All of this with an SDP of 2.2w and a TDP of 4W - 4W is shared with evertyhing (CPU/GPU/etc...)

The newer CherryTrail SOC, has very similar CPU performance, albeit with higher clock speeds, but the biggest difference is it's Broadwell based Intel HD graphics. It's faster CPC and has more EUs as well. I hope to see these released very soon, as the Surface 3 is the only product that has them now (As far as I know)

5820K - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX - HD 7970 GHz - Qnix 1440p @ 96Hz - Waiting for Polaris/Pascal

I don't understand the whole "like if you weant to see" thing. Don't get me wrong I support the channel and love it, but the dislike ratio has never been so consistently high on LTT videos than the last weeks, when this "like if you eant to see" thing started. Linus always listen to our suggestions, so in this case can it be that he is just trolling the audience? 

Knowledge don't take space. Don't know something? Just ask nicely!

Also, if anyone wants to play Indie games on their TV, this is a great little stick. Awesomenaughts, Castle Crashers, Limbo, Nidhogg, BattleBlock Theater, Rouge Legacy, EvoLand and more are all playable at either 1080p or 720p. Also, Minecraft is playable at 720p, even more so with the Optifine mod. Also, source games, such as Portal 2, HL and HL2 are all playable @ 720p as well.

The Z3735F SOC has a Baytrail based ATOM CPU @ 1.33GHz and boosts to 1.83GHz. The Intel HD graphics are Gen 7, so based off of the Ivy Bridge Intel HD graphics with 4 EUs. All of this with an SDP of 2.2w and a TDP of 4W - 4W is shared with evertyhing (CPU/GPU/etc...)

The newer CherryTrail SOC, has very similar CPU performance, albeit with higher clock speeds, but the biggest difference is it's Broadwell based Intel HD graphics. It's faster CPC and has more EUs as well. I hope to see these released very soon, as the Surface 3 is the only product that has them now (As far as I know)

This is a better review than the crappy video with Luke doing a bad job at reading a spec sheet and repeating himself for 5 minutes... Like we didn't understand the fact that an HDMI can be plugged into a TV the first time.

LTT has largely evolved from interesting and informative tech videos from the past years to now a large number of frankly disgusting videos where we see a poorly done video with no real content. I could learn more about the compute stick in 2 minutes from Intel's website than I did in 5 with this glorified crap.

The first 30 seconds is taken over by Luke making jokes that aren't funny at all. (Hence the large number of dislikes on the video)

I just re-watched the video and found that luke reminded us it's a computer on a stick 5 times and that you can plug it into an HDMI port 8 times... If you're gonna beg for likes at least throw some tests into the video rather than 5 minutes of rambling that anyone over the age of 13 could rectally derive in 20 minutes. Too much of Luke saying "I don't think it could blank" Did anyone even use the compute stick? Who knows because I doubt Luke did.

PS: Brandon's B-roll skills are the only thing that isn't shit in this video.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

Luke's been looking rather tired/sick lately. What gives? Hope he's doing alright. 

I'm sorry for being overly harsh but that puking joke over Bing was ironic considering how bad the whole video was tbh. I haven't watched WAN show for a long time now because of these kind of over skimming stuffs and putting up topics and videos of hardware just for the sake of it. Don't make me loose further interest with other LTT video with this kind of badly made video. I hope Intel didn't send you that stick because it was all just a waste of time and money imo.

Anyway,like this comment if you want to see more if this in the next video.

I thought I had posted to this thread, but i guess not.  I'm a fan of LTT.  I never miss I video.  I have never written to complain about a video but this one was lacking.  What I miss is an in-depth review of the product like: temps, does it thermal throttle, how is it cooled, does streaming hitch, is it at all possible to game stream (actually try it), boot times, and lastly how was the experience of actually using it.  It feels like you guys didn't even use it, or if you did it was for a few minutes.  I'm trying not to troll; however, as others have mentioned it felt like a commercial.  I have been thinking about getting one of these and I feel like I watched this video and don't know what it is capable of. 

Would anyone know if plugging a powerbank into the USB port would as a power source for this?

the only purpose I see to this is to plug in my computer monitor at work so I can "appear" to be working. There's bob at his desk, tying on a Company keyboard/mouse/screen he must be using the company computer... Oh wait, I thought YouTube was blocked on our network?

Computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZczbWZ ~$950

Computer w/ Peripherals: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/mZNNnQ ~$1650

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm

I love to watch LTT reviews on products I'm looking to purchase because your videos have always been very informative and very consumer friendly. I haven't watched that many LTT videos lately because I'm not currently looking for products to purchase, but this product looked interesting so I thought I'd check it out and I am sad to say that this video was not very helpful. I don't really care about the whole asking for likes at the beginning of the video. It's a little annoying and obnoxious but I decide whether I'll like a video at the end so I just ignore it. However, Luke just seemed very disinterested in the product and no useful information was given aside from what I could probably find on a product overview page so I was thinking it was a product that isn't really worth my time, but after looking at another review it did end up looking like an interesting product. Maybe you guys are busy with other things around the office and are more focused on other products, and if so I hope that all goes well because I really am a fan of your content. But that was the most disinterested I've ever seen anyone hosting a LTT video. I'm not trying to hate so I hope I'm not coming across that way, I'm just giving some feedback on the review.

I have been a fan of LTT for many years but never signed up to the forum. This video actually made me sign up to make sure you guys get some feedback on it. It was quite frankly pretty terrible. Very little information or footage of the product in use. No testing of how the product handled video streaming or actual speed tests of the wifi max rates etc. Does it work well with accessories etc. Luke also looked like he had lost the will to live as well.

Can you try cut down on the terrible jokes and the content to ad ratio should be revised as well please. 

:(

I love Vessel, All these exclusive videos from you make me feel good

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

How is this better than a windows 8 tablet with HDMI output?

They are almost the same price, and the tablet can be used anywhere too, and has a screen and a battery and speakers, and a camera, just get a OTG adapter and boom! computer!

You would not need to have a keyboard or mouse, if you paired with your phone. A simple keyboard/mouse app to control it and your good to go.

Computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZczbWZ ~$950

Computer w/ Peripherals: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/mZNNnQ ~$1650

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm

Video aside you jsut gave abetter review of the device than the entire video Luke did. GG :P