So, my house got scoped out by burglars, and I cant sleep

ionbasa

This series of events happened on July 12th, 2015 in the street block where I live. The nearest cross street is 2 and is up my street. Street 3 is down my street. My street block is between 2 and 3.

At about 2:45 AM an car was driving down my street from 2 headed towards 3. The car had its horn constantly blaring. The car stopped on my street somewhere between 2 and 3. After stopping, the car still was honking its horn continuously for about 2 minutes. An neighbor was heard yelling "Shut the fuck up" to whoever was in the car. After which the car horn stopped.

Next at 2:58 AM a middle school aged (approximately 9-11 years old) white male child frantically was ringing my doorbell and knocking on my house door. The child had brown hair and had an blanket with him. The child seemed confused and panicked. He claimed he was lost, he came into our house and sat on the sofa trying to explain what was happening.

I asked the child if he knew where his parents were and he replied that they were driving when they stopped and exited the vehicle. He specifically said he was with his mom. He also said that he didn't know where he was and that he was confused because his mom got out of the car to use the restroom.
I noticed that the child was curiously looking around the living room while trying to cover his face with the blanket he had with him.
At this point my father walked outside with a flashlight to try and see if his parents were somehow outside. The child followed my father outside to try and locate his parents.

While outside two adults, one male and one female were walking up my street from 3 towards 2. My father asked if the boy was their son to which the female responded "Yes". The male yelled "Joey get over here!". The female then said "Sorry for this". The child then proceeded to run towards the two adults.

The two adults and the child entered a newer model KIA vehicle which was either white or silver and proceeded to drive off.

Of note: During the same night one of the neighbors were having a fairly large party/gathering. The gathering was peaceful, but there were a lot of vehicles on the street. At the time we believed that the child and two adults may have been at this party. But after asking the homeowners/tenants at 11 AM on the same day, they responded that there were no children at their party and that the two adults were not anybody they likely knew, nor attended the party.

Also, the child only mentioned his mom, and not any male. His story seemed bizarre and we slowly realized it didn't make logical sense.

This leaves me to believe that the two adult subjects may have used the party to hide the fact that they may have been scoping (casing) nearby homes for possible burglary and also using the car horn and child as an technique to either distract residents or to possibly target nearby homes.

After informing local law enforcement, they agree that this type of technique is used by burglars to case (scope) out homes, nothing like this has been reported recently in my area, but similar incidents have happened in the past in both the city I live and my neighboring city (I live near city boundaries). So far all the previous cases involving similar situations have been unsolved as no suspects have been ID. So now 2 different county sheriff's departments are investigating.

I'm paranoid to even go to sleep now. Its sad to think that burglars would use children to scope out homes. They know how to blend in when there are nearby events.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Oh lovely machete, never leave my side. This is also why I want a few Glocks.

padlock your doors to the max.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Keep your gun under your pillow, I keep my airsoft gun in my room (MP5, get rekt lad), call me extreme for thinking someone would break into my home but tbh you never know.

My dad keeps his pellet gun in his room as well, that thing fuckin kills.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I actually read the whole thing and it sounds pretty far fetched  :lol:

Oh lovely machete, never leave my side. This is also why I want a few Glocks.

hell yeah ( I also tried to find the video of fat dude firing this badboy but I think that one is long gone)

31631d1351739707-521765_4788926411854_13

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

hell yeah ( I also tried to find the video of fat dude firing this badboy but I think that one is long gone)

I'm not that redneck. Plus I can actually hit the broad side of a barn.

I actually read the whole thing and it sounds pretty far fetched  :lol:

Sadly, it isn't. Had the cops out today, and others have fallen victim to the same tactics. They use children to trick people into letting them into their homes and looking for valuables.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I'm not that redneck. Plus I can actually hit the broad side of a barn.

get one these then (if you are in texas)

Barrett-50-cal-sniper-3.jpg

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Barrett-50-cal-sniper-3.jpg

I'm in California, so that definitely a no-go. Too many "assault" style accessories. CA has a stupid law regarding the number of "assault' style accessories you can have on a gun.

Okay but I want to actually hit the guy though.

Whenever sketchy shit happens I a) note what time it is exactly and b) get the plate number, color, and model if it's a vehicle.

And this is also why I don't answer my front door for any reason.  Don't give a shit if a baby orphan dies if I don't answer my front door...shit stays closed.  I don't need to open it to call the cops for you.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Leave lights on and TV as well - no one will dare do anything.

:/

Anyways, you're not going to get robbed at night.  The type of people who do this elaborate setup of having a decoy kid case the place aren't the smash and grab violence type.  More likely than not you'll get robbed when you're not home.  Start looking for random cars on the street trying to figure out when you go to work and come home.

Or it's all a strange coincidence and the kid really was lost....

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Whenever sketchy shit happens I a) note what time it is exactly and B) get the plate number, color, and model if it's a vehicle.

And this is also why I don't answer my front door for any reason.  Don't give a shit if a baby orphan dies if I don't answer my front door...shit stays closed.  I don't need to open it to call the cops for you.

Well, it is a little difficult to get plate numbers when the car wasn't in view. It was all so bizarre. My father and I both had our 1911s on us at the time.

Leave lights on and TV as well - no one will dare do anything.

^^I wish that were the case, but most robberies actually happen during the day, and some thieves are armed.

You can hire me for 10k cash into my Paypal, Ex...

I will do stag duty outside your house for 2 weeks.

AMD Phenom II B55 Quad / unlocked dual core 4.3ghz CB R15 = CB 422
XFX R9 390 8GB MY RIG: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/MVwQsY
Fastest 7770 on LTT . 3rd Fastest Phenom II Quad on LTT

PCSX2 on AMD CPU? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/412377-pcsx2-emulator-4096x2160-amd-phenom-ii/#entry5550588

primary.png

This (not actually the one pictured) never leaves my bedside. Nor does my airsoft 1911-metal mod (as in full metal with metal ball bearings). Lock'n'load.

Also, get a surveillance system going up. (Also serves to keep the damned reptilians away from your house, just in case)

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Its sad as shit that I have to be afraid od peole and now children. This is why I place a door on my door to my room. So if some little shit breaks in I'll be quickly alerted. Also I have a axe in my room in the corner, to fuck someone up.

Also if some little kid was at my door I would called the police and not let his ass in. I don't need to be shanked in the back. Or many ill just hold the kid hostage after I called the cops and if the people in the car don't cooperate boo boo your damn fault for using a child to help you steal self.quit being a fucking coward and using a innocent child to do your dirty deeds sacks of shit

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Sadly, it isn't. Had the cops out today, and others have fallen victim to the same tactics. They use children to trick people into letting them into their homes and looking for valuables.

lol Well time to buy a shotgun then. I wouldn't have even called the cops but that's just me.You don't want to live life being scared in your own home.

Edit :So you have  1911 already. Why the hell are you worried then.. My god go to sleep lol

Well, it is a little difficult to get plate numbers when the car wasn't in view. It was all so bizarre. My father and I both had our M1911 on us at the time.

^^I wish that were the case, but most robberies actually happen during the day, and some thieves are armed.

If they used a child they won't use firearms, i mean whats the point? if your objective is a broad daylight robbery no need of sneaking a child in..

Anyways another option if you fear that possibility is to attract attention to your house, go outside, make sure you are visible, open all windows. Didn't know the US is a wild west where anyone can enter your home with a assault rifle but oh well

:/

some east-block gang stole diesel, lamps, gps equipmemt and lamps from tractors on a farm close to where i live. (they got close to 15000 usd in diesel and 100k worth of jhondeere gps's and other extras)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Anyways, you're not going to get robbed at night.  The type of people who do this elaborate setup of having a decoy kid case the place aren't the smash and grab violence type.  More likely than not you'll get robbed when you're not home.  Start looking for random cars on the street trying to figure out when you go to work and come home.

Or it's all a strange coincidence and the kid really was lost....

If you read the last paragraph of the OP you'd see that the kid probably wasn't lost. Our local county sheriff informed us that other have been burglarized in our same city and neighboring city using the same technique. The description of the kid, car, and two adult subjects matches previous burglaries. They haven't been I'D yet. They like to scope out places when people are throwing parties because they can blend in.

All our neighbors are on edge now.