PSU ranking and tiers

Aniallation

VP450P from Antec falls in which category?

APU: AMD A10-7850K cooled by an NH-L12; PSU(going to upgrade sooner or later):  Antec VP450P;RAM: 2x4GB HyperX Savage 2133MHz; MOBO: Asus A68HM-Plus; CASE: Itek [something] ; HDD: WD Blue 1TB(WD10EZEX)

OS: Triple boot openSUSE Leap Debian Jessie and Windows 10(aka MSX)

VP450P from Antec falls in which category?

It's more a tier 3.5 but he put it in tier 4 cuz that makes the most sense.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

From the looks of it it's solid. Capable of 460W on the +12V rail which is about what you'd expect. 80+ plat (though that's only efficiency). Probably adecent unit.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

From the looks of it it's solid. Capable of 460W on the +12V rail which is about what you'd expect. 80+ plat (though that's only efficiency). Probably adecent unit.

But for $50? Not a little fishy? Not even the tiniest bit?

Nope, it's based on this FSP unit

http://www.fsp-group.com.tw/index.php?do=proinfo&id=160

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

That ambient temp. though.

Pretty good.

I'm wondering exactly what they did to get it to that level of efficiency honestly. It's probably fine for a low end system tbh

Pretty good.

I'm wondering exactly what they did to get it to that level of efficiency honestly. It's probably fine for a low end system tbh

So pretty much a better CX?

So pretty much a better CX?

Eh, probably a bit better but I can't say exactly how much because it's not well documented on the internet.

Eh, probably a bit better but I can't say exactly how much because it's not well documented on the internet.

Probably a reason for that.

Probably a reason for that.

FSP Aurum 92+ = Antec Earthwatt Platinum = SPI Magna Platinum

Is it really a Platinum Aurum? Also how'd you find this? Maybe my googling skills aren't good enough...

Is it really a Platinum Aurum? Also how'd you find this? Maybe my googling skills aren't good enough...

Looking at the internals and comparing it to the images of the SPI / FSP Magna Platinum on Newegg as well as the power distribution table. You would noticed that the layout is similar, as well as the if it was one of their DC-DC regulated PSU (Aurum PT 850w+), the +12v rail would have been 41A but instead lower at 38A which gives the impression of a group-regulated design like the Aurum / CM / 92+.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Antec/EA-650_Platinum/images/in_top2.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817103084

You could also see it through the Aurum Platinum as well (although the image is poor) : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104167

Another example is: http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9165

...where Tator Tot was poking fun at a rep with his "As you expect; it's "Not Aurum" @ Platinum efficiency" comment, if you had follow the discussion on the Earthwatt Platinum on JG.

are the Coolermaster GX750w PSUs any good? I'm thinking of buying one but my guess is that they aren't great.

Basically an EarthWatts Platinum that's made by FSP (I researched it and afterwards saw the model number lol). Of course great in efficiency, but aren't that great in other aspects such as voltage regulation, ripple suppression, etc. Basically if you want to save as much power as possible(?), have the least heat output possible, and want something extremely quiet. Otherwise there's better options for the money.

"Rawr XD"

Where does xigmatex stand?

Poor

are the Coolermaster GX750w PSUs any good? I'm thinking of buying one but my guess is that they aren't great.

Pretty old and very bleh.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/11/22/cooler_master_gx_650w_power_supply_review/9#.VpvnF_krKUk

Get yourself something better.

"Rawr XD"

So yah the corsair vs series sucks, it gets almost ,5 voltage difference on the 12v when under load it freezes my system. Should i take the:Seasonic M12II Evo 520W? I wont take the corsair cx or sv series -.- . My system only ran an gtx 750ti, 8gb drr3, i5 3470 and one hdd....

So yah the corsair vs series sucks, it gets almost ,5 voltage difference on the 12v when under load it freezes my system. Should i take the:Seasonic M12II Evo 520W? I wont take the corsair cx or sv series -.- . My system only ran an gtx 750ti, 8gb drr3, i5 3470 and one hdd....

The M12II is a safe bet, but you could also get anything from XFX for a little cheaper.

The M12II is a safe bet, but you could also get anything from XFX for a little cheaper.

Any suggestions on wich one, 500W+