Just picked up Star Citizen. Tips for a noob?

Firearm2112

Hey guys,

Just got Star Citizen today. I have already sent in my application to the LTT SC group, and was wondering if anyone here had any tips for a first time player. 

Thanks !

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Well then Welcome to our little party here @Firearm2112  :)

It's always good to get used to the controls and learn how your ship and weapons handle.

Start off by doing some slow rounds on New Horizon (racing mode). Left shift is your friend so use it excessive. Once your done with that hop on to Vanduul Swarm, get used to the maps, learn how to use your guns and how to avoid getting hit (strafing helps a lot). Now you can forget everything and learn how to fly and shoot against other people all over again (it's not that bad, but very different)

Have Fun.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

Well then Welcome to our little party here @Firearm2112  :)

It's always good to get used to the controls and learn how your ship and weapons handle.

Start off by doing some slow rounds on New Horizon (racing mode). Left shift is your friend so use it excessive. Once your done with that hop on to Vanduul Swarm, get used to the maps, learn how to use your guns and how to avoid getting hit (strafing helps a lot). Now you can forget everything and learn how to fly and shoot against other people all over again (it's not that bad, but very different)

Have Fun.

Thanks!

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Remember to aggressively target Cutlasses while dogfighting... Unless they're piloted by me. Then run away as fast as you can ;)

Pshah! ^^

Speaking of which, when are you going to grace us with your presence at the meetups? I had a Ghost all rented and waiting to counter your CS missile spam but it expired... twice! :D

@Firearm2112

Welcome to UOLTT! :)

The initial post in this thread lists the times we meet up (usually every second Saturday). We mostly dick around at this point but we've been meaning to start paying more attention to team work and tactics. Nevertheless, we talk about the game a lot and it's a good opportunity to get tips and gather some hands-on PvP experience in a friendly setting.

Pshah! ^^

Speaking of which, when are you going to grace us with your presence at the meetups? I had a Ghost all rented and waiting to counter your CS missile spam but it expired... twice! :D

@Firearm2112

Welcome to UOLTT! :)

The initial post in this thread lists the times we meet up (usually every second Saturday). We mostly dick around at this point but we've been meaning to start paying more attention to team work and tactics. Nevertheless, we talk about the game a lot and it's a good opportunity to get tips and gather some hands-on PvP experience in a friendly setting.

Perhaps I've been baiting you ;) or perhaps real life has been rearing its ugly head far too often on weekends now. :(

Perhaps I've been baiting you ;) or perhaps real life has been rearing its ugly head far too often on weekends now. :(

We can always move the date, thursday Fridays and Saturdays are always good for me

We can always move the date, thursday Fridays and Saturdays are always good for me

Don't do that on account of me