OnePlus 2 - 4GB of LP-DDR4 RAM

Aniallation

which is why a dual core phone with 1 gig of ram can keep up and beat some 4 or 8 core phones with 2 or 3 gigs of ram, but you're stuck with Apple's vision on how things are.

People should google a bit before saying this,  those 2 cores are stupid fast, when the 6 launched, it had as much compute performance that the highest end 8 core at the time, that is not a low end chip, very far from it, more cores don't equal faster. I do agree with RAM but is no where as bad as a issue on iOS as it is on android, adding another gig would make the iphone a multitasking champ

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I love how iphones can get away with 1/4th of that and yet it's still a smoother experience. 

*hides from android fanboys*

*sigh*

And here I am, sitting with an iPoop 4th Gen with 256MBs of RAM, it doesn't get away with 1/16th of that, and it certainly isn't a smooth experience. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

*sigh*

And here I am, sitting with an iPoop 4th Gen with 256MBs of RAM, it doesn't get away with 1/16th of that, and it certainly isn't a smooth experience. 

and the equivalent is a galaxy s, which is stuck on android 2.3. I have a old razr (x I believe)  that was from 2011 on 2.3. and I can promise you that a Iphone 4th gen is HELL of a lot more usable. 

and the equivalent is a galaxy s, which is stuck on android 2.3. I have a old razr (x I believe)  that was from 2011 on 2.3. and I can promise you that a Iphone 4th gen is HELL of a lot more usable. 

I'm sure it would be, even Snapchat fails to work at an acceptable rate, the Google app also crashes quite frequently >.<

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

I'm sure it would be, even Snapchat fails to work at an acceptable rate, the Google app also crashes quite frequently >.<

...90% of apps dont even work on that old of android, they physically wont download. Yeah i know using any mobile device 5 years old is going to be rough. 

...90% of apps dont even work on that old of android, they physically wont download. Yeah i know using any mobile device 5 years old is going to be rough. 

I can imagine lol, the iPoop 4G also can't download most of the decent apps in the App Store, you need iOS 6 or 7 but it can't update to those simply because the hardware is just too damn slow. 

I love how iphones can get away with 1/4th of that and yet it's still a smoother experience. 

It's mainly because the software doesnt need the highest specs to run

Mind you I'm an Android fan (and windows)

doesn't iphone not hold tasks open in the background?

Abigail: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.5GHz 1.170v / EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Classified  / ASRock Z97 Extreme6 / Corsair H110i GT / 4x4Gb G.Skill Ares 1866MHz @ CAS9 / Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM / NZXT H440 Blue / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2

Peripherals: BenQ XL2411z 24" 144hz 1080p / ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1080p / Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD650 / Schiit Audio Modi 2 / Magni 2 / Blue Yeti Blackout

The CEO of OnePlus also "promised" that the price will be under $450

Anyone of you guys going to be following the VR Launch of the 1+2?

This is a bit ridiculous. DDR4 is welcome not because of tangible benefits in speed but I believe it's much more efficient compared to DDR3 which will help with battery life. As to the 4GB of RAM... I think even 3 is a bit overkill.

All this talk of raising the OnePlus Two's price and all for pointless spec wars.

And android in general can use more optimization, which probably isn't going to happen since it's so damn fragmented. Which, like anything, is a double edged sword. Apple optimizes to the fucking extreme, which is why a dual core phone with 1 gig of ram can keep up and beat some 4 or 8 core phones with 2 or 3 gigs of ram, but you're stuck with Apple's vision on how things are.

I hate when people use the iPhone as an example of "specs isn't everything" without realizing that the iPhone has some of the best specs of any smartphone.

Juts some facts about the iPhone's specs:

1) It has an extremely powerful and big CPU. Saying that it is "only a dual core" and comparing it to the octa cores in Android phones is like saying the i7-4790K is only a quad core, but since it performs better than the Xbone's 8 core it must mean that Windows is better optimized than the Xbone's OS.

No... It's just a very big difference in architecture and IPC performance.

2) iOS is extremely aggressive with expunging things from RAM. It hates keeping things in cache because most iOS devices has so little of it. You can very clearly see this if you have multiple tabs open in Safari, then close it and do something else for a while. All your tabs will have to be reloaded because iOS cleared all the data from the RAM. iOS also don't inform user about crashes as well as Android does. A lot of times when apps crash on iOS people just assume they accidentally pressed the home button, or when springboard crashes they don't realize it's a crash because it will just relaunch itself without giving the user any message.

3) Apple has always spent a ton of money and die to putting in the most powerful GPU they could reasonably use. It wasn't unusual to see Apple having around twice as much GPU performance as the highest end Android phone.

Bringing up the iPhone in an "specs aren't everything" argument is a terrible idea. Saying that iOS is well optimized is a pretty hilarious statement as well. The iPhone 6+ doesn't even render things internally at the native resolution. It has to render everything at 2208x1242 and then downscale it to 1920x1080 because otherwise things wouldn't scale properly.

That is because the iphone has much lower to metal software. As android's hardware is not standardized.

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Why didn't they put the 4k screen in too...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

which is why a dual core phone with 1 gig of ram can keep up and beat some 4 or 8 core phones with 2 or 3 gigs of ram

People should google a bit before saying this,  those 2 cores are stupid fast, when the 6 launched, it had as much compute performance that the highest end 8 core at the time, that is not a low end chip, very far from it, more cores don't equal faster.

^ This.

Same principle as: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/401217-more-updated-fx-vs-intel-for-gaming/

Ever wonder why the Denver Tegra X1 whoops ass even though it's a dual-core? It's a powerful af dual-core. It's amazing how often on this forum that this image applies:

okbSiqX.jpg

"Rawr XD"

Do people actually multitask THAT much on their phone? :P

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Yay more RAM to be leaked by lolipop! Seriously though that is overkill at best.

Doesn't occur on the latest version of Lollipop. I am on 5.1.1 and haven't experienced any memory leaks.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Doesn't occur on the latest version of Lollipop. I am on 5.1.1 and haven't experienced any memory leaks.

Same here, even on a Galaxy S2 with 768MB RAM, don't experience any leaks on 5.1.1...

"Rawr XD"

You're talking about another phone, no Galaxy S II variant uses 768 MB RAM, all of them use 1 GB.

868* my bad

Yes there's physically 1GB but some of it is reserved for the GPU.

Galaxy-S2-Jelly-Bean.jpg

(This is I9100, my T989 shows 868)

"Rawr XD"

At least we have the ability to customize our phones other than just changing the wallpaper :3

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

If you ever even come close to using 2gb of RAM on a phone (with a decent OS that doesn't hog 60% of it) you should re-evaluate whether you need a phone or a tablet. 

It's just ridiculous and you would never use it...

As for the lower voltage, that is certainly a great thing but 2gb of it would be perfect and keep the price down a bit more also

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350

If you ever even come close to using 2gb of RAM on a phone (with a decent OS that doesn't hog 60% of it) you should re-evaluate whether you need a phone or a tablet.

It's just ridiculous and you would never use it...

As for the lower voltage, that is certainly a great thing but 2gb of it would be perfect and keep the price down a bit more also

We saw a decent increase in performance going from 2GB to 3GB with the Snapdragon 800 because more RAM could be dedicated as VRAM. That was with 1080 screens.

And who says low RAM usage in an OS makes the OS good? There are plenty of ways to use more RAM to increase performance. SuperFetch in Windows is the first one that comes to my mind. What it does is try to predict which programs you will open and then load parts of them into RAM before you have even started them.

It is also pretty cleaver about when to start deleting unused files that are cached so that you won't run out of RAM. Unused RAM is wasted RAM.