Price to performance for upgrades

swansburg

well the time has come, 7200rp is killing me. I'm sick of 45 second boot up times, and 30 second load screens. HDD's are just getting way to slow, and it's time to upgrade. I've been using a 1tb hdd for the past year, and formatted about every other month and never even used half of the space on it. So what i'm looking for is what could be the best bang for my buck. The SSD's i've been looking at for the past few months is the samsung 840 pro, though they are extremely impressive the price is a little on the high side. Any recommendations would be awesome, i don't have any preference between fewer higher storage SSD's or more lesser storage ones but most of the time you can get better price per GB with the lower storage ones

NCIX usually has a 120Gb~ SSD for about $99. If you want insane price to performance ratio then wait for the Samsung 840 Evo drives to come out assuming they will be sold at the speculated prices.

NCIX usually has a 120Gb~ SSD for about $99. If you want insane price to performance ratio then wait for the Samsung 840 Evo drives to come out assuming they will be sold at the speculated prices.

been looking at these new evo drives. like you said is they sell for the prices they are advertising right now it will be insane

OCZ vertex 3 & 4 SSDs are absolutely insane! amazing price to performance ratio.

All high-tiered ssds are unnoticeably different n terms of speed from each other.

Just get the samsung 840 non-pro.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

vertex 3 is much nicer than an 840. in terms of looks and feel. oh and my vertex boots quicker than the 840 i played with..sad

just go for the cheapest 120GB drive you can find. i saw one for $98 the other day, it was prolly a plastic 840. ..good drive though if you just need faster loading times.

vertex 3 is much nicer than an 840. in terms of looks and feel. oh and my vertex boots quicker than the 840 i played with..sad

just go for the cheapest 120GB drive you can find. i saw one for $98 the other day, it was prolly a plastic 840. ..good drive though if you just need faster loading times.

Although my vertex 3 is really fast, I reckon the 840 is still faster.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Kingston HyperX 3K <3 they have amazing performance

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP