I got trade scammed, need your guys input.

MattLantis

Hey guys.

So a few weeks ago, I unboxed a minimal wear AWP Man-o'-War. I traded that for a field tested AK Jaguar, then that for a battle scarred Vulcan. Now here comes the problem. I had a trade all readied up, my Vulcan for his Factory New Stattrak USP-S Stainless, worth around the same amount. I had the trade, double checked that everything was good, did the trade. Now, the trade got accepted a few minutes later, but instead of getting a fac new one, I only got a a field tested one, which is worth like $11 or so dollars less. I contacted steam support about it, but as we all know steam support is absolute shit, and I don't know if anything will come of it. Can anybody weigh in as to what I should do?

Thanks

-Matt

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

I'm not sure you can do much at this point. Just wait for Steam Support to roll around if they do.

Plus it's only $11...

Sig under construction.

Nothing you can do, Steam trading has become shit with people youre not friends with.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I'm not sure you can do much at this point. Just wait for Steam Support to roll around if they do.

Plus it's only $11...

$11 is a lot for somebody without a job :P

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Chances are he had named the gun USP-S Stainless Factory new, as opposed to actually having the gun. Valve has also said that they are no longer refunding lost guns if you get scammed because it lowers the overall value of the weapon on the market. Tough luck, but you have to be more careful.

word of advice: don't spend money on skins

Hardware: 4790k @ 4.6 GHz w/ H100i - MSI GTX 970 - Define R5 - MSI Z97 PC Mate - 840 EVO - G.Skill 2x4 GB

Peripherals: G402 - ATH-AD700x - Asus VG248QE 144 hz

Welp, looks like I'm buying a key to test my luck.

Gaben pls

Doubt they'll do anything as you have accepted the trade and the guy switched the gun in his inventory from FN to FT without you realising. 

The fast switching of items is a known scam. You're supposed to hover over everything and make sure there's no remove-readd to the list of actions. Also, all CSGO traders are scammers pretty much so next time you can do it through offline trade offers where they can't switch things out. There are no CSGO communities that have any power over marking such users so you're pretty much out of luck. Just add a report to his profile and let them tally up as he scams more people that way.

word of advice: don't spend money on skins

Welp, looks like I'm buying a key to test my luck.

Gaben pls

big facepalm.. your money.

Hardware: 4790k @ 4.6 GHz w/ H100i - MSI GTX 970 - Define R5 - MSI Z97 PC Mate - 840 EVO - G.Skill 2x4 GB

Peripherals: G402 - ATH-AD700x - Asus VG248QE 144 hz

What is the point of trading? Also how are they worth anything? I don't play CS:GO. So let me know. Also I thought Steam was going to no longer help people who get scammed. It was in tech news.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

You should look at the trade before you accept, just hover youre mouse over it and this all could of been avoided, it's a common scam that people do.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

What is the point of trading? Also how are they worth anything? I don't play CS:GO. So let me know. Also I thought Steam was going to no longer help people who get scammed. It was in tech news.

The point is to make profit or get some new skins. I actually had a field tested Vulcan, but it had 84% condition, which makes it look like it's minimal wear. When I got it, I traded it for another ak (redline), which also looked decent, and was the same price.

Then this guy shows up, offering me €42 in items (the price of a mw one), while the market price of my FT Vulcan was around €27.

So I just made €15 just by making a trade, and that's the goal of trading.

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

gambling when you have no job is a risky endeavour 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Nothing you can do, Steam trading has become shit with people youre not friends with.

Whats the whole concept of trading in steam in a nutshell? What can you trade?

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

gambling when you have no job is a risky endeavour 

That profile picture reminds me of some guy called One F Jef! Lol  :P

photo.jpg

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Hey guys.

So a few weeks ago, I unboxed a minimal wear AWP Man-o'-War. I traded that for a field tested AK Jaguar, then that for a battle scarred Vulcan. Now here comes the problem. I had a trade all readied up, my Vulcan for his Factory New Stattrak USP-S Stainless, worth around the same amount. I had the trade, double checked that everything was good, did the trade. Now, the trade got accepted a few minutes later, but instead of getting a fac new one, I only got a a field tested one, which is worth like $11 or so dollars less. I contacted steam support about it, but as we all know steam support is absolute shit, and I don't know if anything will come of it. Can anybody weigh in as to what I should do?

Thanks

-Matt

Dont know how the trading system in CSGO works but if youre trading codes use a middlelman.