What CPU is the best option for me

So i was going to get an intel i7 4790k CPU upgrade and todo that i need a new motherboard in order for it to work considering i am using amd. But on the other hand should i just save 100$+ and just get an amd? And what amd cpu should i get. I play allot of games and live stream. i also do video editing but not often.

Current pc:

AMD Phenom 2x4 965 

ASUS m5a97r2.0 motherboard 

32gb DDR3 Ram

MSI r7870 Twin Frozar III GPU 

Corsair tx750 PSU

So i was going to get an intel i7 4790k CPU upgrade and todo that i need a new motherboard in order for it to work considering i am using amd. But on the other hand should i just save 100$+ and just get an amd? And what amd cpu should i get. I play allot of games and live stream. i also do video editing but not often.

Current pc:

AMD Phenom 2x4 965 

ASUS m5a97r2.0 motherboard 

32gb DDR3 Ram

MSI r7870 Twin Frozar III GPU 

Corsair tx750 PSU

unless you're rendering/streaming youtube videos, you could almost save a hundred bucks with a 4690. It's a beast of a cpu, and in game it's more than adequate.

AMD's current proccesor lineup is weak and uninteresting . Keep looking for Intel .

From what i undestood you are interested in price/performance .

If you are really into editing i'd keep the i7 , but if you do it occasionally go with the i5-4690k .

unless you're rendering/streaming youtube videos, you could almost save a hundred bucks with a 4690. It's a beast of a cpu, and in game it's more than adequate.

no i steam often

AMD's current proccesor lineup is weak and uninteresting . Keep looking for Intel .

From what i undestood you are interested in price/performance .

If you are really into editing i'd keep the i7 , but if you do it occasionally go with the i5-4690k .

but i stream VARY often and at 1920X1080 at 60fps to twithc

but i stream VARY often and at 1920X1080 at 60fps to twithc 

Save $100 and get a Xeon 1231v3 instead of the i7. 4 cores, 8 threads, no overclocking but performs beautifully for streaming, rendering, gaming, you name it. Best bang for your buck setup based on what you've said.

There are no AMD options out currently that would be worth switching to or "upgrading" to; just to nip that in the bud before someone says to get an 8xxx which would be a horrible idea.

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

it was free on some website :P lol i got them free so why not! :P

WAIT. SOMEBODY WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO THINK DOWNLOADED RAM WAS REAL?

WAIT. SOMEBODY WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO THINK DOWNLOADED RAM WAS REAL?

LMFAO [emoji23]

LMFAO [emoji23]

IS THIS JUST REAL LIFE? IS THIS JUST FANTASY?

IDK BUT LMFAO I CAN'T

Caught in a landslide?

What even is this thread?

OP since you are streaming you will probably want an i7, if are you over clocking get a z97 with a 4790k, if not get a 4790 with a h97 motherboard. I would go with the i7 instead of a Xeon so you can take advantage of the iGPU with Quick Sync for streaming.

Edit - Also you do NOT need 32GB of RAM, just get a 16GB kit. Oh and speed doesn't matter unless you are using an APU, so don't spend extra to get Cl11 1866 when you can get CL9 1333Mhz for cheaper.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Caught in a landslide?

THERE'S NO ESCAPE FROM REALITY

THERE'S NO ESCAPE FROM REALITY

This got silly about 2 posts ago.

If youre a streamer you either build a dedicated streaming PC or go with AMD 8 core if youre on budget, or i7 if you have the money.

If youre a streamer you either build a dedicated streaming PC or go with AMD 8 core if youre on budget, or i7 if you have the money.

"There are no AMD options out currently that would be worth switching to or "upgrading" to; just to nip that in the bud before someone says to get an 8xxx which would be a horrible idea."

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

"There are no AMD options out currently that would be worth switching to or "upgrading" to; just to nip that in the bud before someone says to get an 8xxx which would be a horrible idea."

Not true at all.

Not true at all.

For a budget that has room for an i7? Nope, no AMD options worth even thinking once about.

For a budget that has room for an i7? Nope, no AMD options worth even thinking once about.

I dunno if you can read, but i said in my first post clearly ON BUDGET: AMD 8 core, YOU GOT THE MONEY: i7.