NA ranks vs EU ranks CSGO

APrettyCoolWalrus
Message added by W-L

Please refrain from bumping or Necroing older threads, creating a new thread with reference to the related is recommended. 

-Locked-

So in the comments section of a youtube video I watched recently there was a shitstorm of people saying that EU players are superior to NA players that are in the same rank or lower. An example of this would be "NA MG1 = EU Silver." Is this entirely possible or are EU players just patting their own shoulders? By the way I am not talking about the pro league, NA is definitely lacking in that area in comparison to EU.

Oh and please, keep it civil. I know its not possible, but the first few posters should be kind so I can get some form of research from this.

Also I think I found a good tool to compare skill other than rank, it's called http://csgo-stats.com/. It shows K/D, accuracy, bombs defused, favorite map, anything really. It's a good source for info.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

that is posible i mean you are playing on your very own servers so the skill groups might be different

yeah that is possible...I'm just trying to find any reason to not cry myself to sleep

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

NA Silvers are honestly better than EU silvers from what iv'e seen (Due to Language barriers). The rest is pretty even. 

Also according to the site I only have 22 Hours played in comp :P 

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I mean, NA doesn't have Russians? I wouldn't know, but still :P

It's like Xbox CoD players saying their players are better.. proof pls??

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Only reason most EU players say they are better than NA players is because they base it off of professionally csgo which is completely different to normal mm csgo and EU csgo teams are known to be better than NA teams but i have to say this week at the ESL/ESEA event they have been playing great.

with this ranking system (all of it from the beginning) it started to feel like league of legends 

I didn't know what to put here...

No, it's not possible. The average EU player is the same as the average NA player. In professional matches, you might see a larger number of EU professionals, but that's little to do with how the actual populace plays.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

No. Anecdotal experiences have shown that when I do have the misfortune to get connected to a euro (usually French as they're the only ones who seem capable of maintaining a less than 5000 ping) they usually do as good or worse than me and my friends. Then again they might be French Canadians so that might explain the meh tier gameplay.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

• 4 years later...
On 7/4/2015 at 11:55 PM, APrettyCoolWalrus said:

So in the comments section of a youtube video I watched recently there was a shitstorm of people saying that EU players are superior to NA players that are in the same rank or lower. An example of this would be "NA MG1 = EU Silver." Is this entirely possible or are EU players just patting their own shoulders? By the way I am not talking about the pro league, NA is definitely lacking in that area in comparison to EU.

Oh and please, keep it civil. I know its not possible, but the first few posters should be kind so I can get some form of research from this.

Also I think I found a good tool to compare skill other than rank, it's called http://csgo-stats.com/. It shows K/D, accuracy, bombs defused, favorite map, anything really. It's a good source for info.

i made this account for this post and yes that is completley true i  made  a smurf with american vpn and i thought i was playing with some unrankd ppl who just picked up the game. But no they got gold nova 1 rank. They where as same skill or not lower than low european silvers.

I also managed to play with mgs in about 5 seconds and they where close to my skillgroup while i am gold nova 2 atm on my main. 

answer Yes i found out the best way with vpn american na is fucking shit and european gold nova is americas mg but america seems to be more civlizied in communication. European csgo players say cyka blyat ect ect and do funny shit but they out aim and out play americans.

5 hours ago, imhereforthisthread said:

i made this account for this post and yes that is completley true i  made  a smurf with american vpn and i thought i was playing with some unrankd ppl who just picked up the game. But no they got gold nova 1 rank. They where as same skill or not lower than low european silvers.

I also managed to play with mgs in about 5 seconds and they where close to my skillgroup while i am gold nova 2 atm on my main. 

answer Yes i found out the best way with vpn american na is fucking shit and european gold nova is americas mg but america seems to be more civlizied in communication. European csgo players say cyka blyat ect ect and do funny shit but they out aim and out play americans.

this thread is four years old b

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.