ASUS Maximus VI Impact Review

gosh...this motherboard is absolutely amazing

hello to DIY AIO builds

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

:')

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Everything looks sweet until the pricing hits you. Pricing in the EU I've seen is about 200 euros. That's about 50-75 more than the ASRock Z87E-ITX. Hopefully it'll come down quite a bit once August hits.

Everything looks sweet until the pricing hits you. Pricing in the EU I've seen is about 200 euros. That's about 50-75 more than the ASRock Z87E-ITX. Hopefully it'll come down quite a bit once August hits.

And there goes my dreams :'(

I guess you could say, "It's not about the money, it's about making an impact.".

Main Rig:  FX-8320 || EVGA 650 Ti BOOST || AsRock 970 Extreme3 || Corsair 800D || 8 Gb Crucial Ballistix || Antec HCG 520M || Noctua NH-D14
LAN Party Rig: FX-4100 || EVGA 550 Ti || ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS || Cooler Master 430 Elite || 4 Gb Corsair Vengeance || Antec HCG 400 || Cooler Master Gemin 2 
Staples EasyTech Associate since September, 2013

Why do better boards get better framerates? I thought the motherboard doesn't affect anything: http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=1050&page=18

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Looks like the impact has left a impact on the forum :D

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

I just wonder how the sound quality is with SupremeFX Impact

That board looks so cool.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

Same here, that's my number 1 question regarding this board.

Why do better boards get better framerates? I thought the motherboard doesn't affect anything: http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=1050&page=18

I makes small differences. Especially since this is an itx board. Maybe 10% fps improvement against this and a z77 maximus vi extreme

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

Same :)

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

This board is awesome. To be honest, all these over-the-top ITX boards are freakin' awesome. But they cost so much! Why!? It's smaller, less components, etc, and they charge more?! Why does every manufacturer go with the 'less is more' concept? That's only with hypercars, isn't it?

Anyways, if money was no object, I'd be grabbing me one of these and building a beast of an ITX machine just because I could. Haha! I love these little boards.

I think R&D has a lot to do with these small form factor costs, my guess would be small=more complex=higher r&d=more cost.

This board is awesome. To be honest, all these over-the-top ITX boards are freakin' awesome. But they cost so much! Why!? It's smaller, less components, etc, and they charge more?! Why does every manufacturer go with the 'less is more' concept? That's only with hypercars, isn't it?

Anyways, if money was no object, I'd be grabbing me one of these and building a beast of an ITX machine just because I could. Haha! I love these little boards.

R&D probably increases the cost quite a bit as it's much more difficult to develop a layout on such small boards, especially for these ones that are just jam packed with so much awesome stuff! I would also think that since everything is so compact, it's also more difficult and therefore more costly to manufacture.

looks like we have a review of the IMPACT have a look http://www.ocaholic.ch/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=1050

Damn.

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

R&D probably increases the cost quite a bit as it's much more difficult to develop a layout on such small boards, especially for these ones that are just jam packed with so much awesome stuff! I would also think that since everything is so compact, it's also more difficult and therefore more costly to manufacture.

I suppose that's true... I still think it's more the 'luxury' of a smaller motherboard though. Haha.