Adobe: ‘Patch your Flash software immeditely’

jos

Until DRM is added to HTML5 flash & silverlight are not going anywhere. Video streaming sites require DRM for obvious reasons.

I don't understand why Adobe don't write an auto update utility where they can push updates as required.

Afaik EME (Encypted Media Extensions) is in the works, unfortunately it's being made with help from Adobe :(

Edit

Seems EME is already here but because Firefox is open source Mozilla won't add support for it, only IE, Safari & Chrome support it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encrypted_Media_Extensions

the main build of firefox will have EME enabled, but mozilla will provide a stable build without it, everything else is still on par with the main build, this was posted here a couple of months ago, also EME is already in use by major sites, with it, is the only way to play netflix on linux, not an ideal solution though

and in other news twitch is now deploying HTML5 chat support, the less thing use flash the better, hopefully they enable HTML5 player soon http://blog.twitch.tv/2015/06/html5-chat-is-live/

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

the main build of firefox will have EME enabled, but mozilla will provide a stable build without it, everything else is still on par with the main build, this was posted here a couple of months ago, also EME is already in use by major sites, with it, is the only way to play netflix on linux, not an ideal solution though

and in other news twitch is now deploying HTML5 chat support, the less thing use flash the better, hopefully they enable HTML5 player soon http://blog.twitch.tv/2015/06/html5-chat-is-live/

that makes me happy...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

HTML5 PLZ

Doubt the malware will work on Mac :P

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

whenever a flash update pops up I assume the worst so I updated yesterday, but thanks for the heads-up.

Another solution to that issue, dont have flash.

Possible for a home user, but for many, that is not a "solution", because Flash is mandatory for one reason or another.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Possible for a home user, but for many, that is not a "solution", because Flash is mandatory for one reason or another.

One good example is the company I work for, Avaya, uses Adobe Connect for recording internal training sessions so that they can be played back, again through Adobe Connect, so that they technically only need to actually do the presentation once then anybody else can just watch the recording. Aaaaand it requires Flash, of course. You might be thinking "Why not just record them as a regular video file?" Well, Adobe Connect is actually a very powerful system and does a lot more than simple recording of the sessions. It just sucks that Flash is so vulnerable. -.-

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

What would it take for Adobe to fix Flash, or to give it a quick death?

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

GO AWAY FLASH! NOBODY LOVES YOU!

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

What would it take for Adobe to fix Flash, or to give it a quick death?

Well they constantly fix it - that's why there's a new flash update every week or two. But, like any complex piece of software that is so integrated with the Web, hackers are constantly finding new exploits.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Well they constantly fix it - that's why there's a new flash update every week or two. But, like any complex piece of software that is so integrated with the Web, hackers are constantly finding new exploits.

Yeah, you're right, but damn, Flash has having problems like this since I remember lol.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Yeah, you're right, but damn, Flash has having problems like this since I remember lol.

Well, it's a good target for hackers. Same with Java, who also has a history of extreme security exploits.

It's third party, used everywhere, yet not built into the OS (which means it's inherently less secure).