Fury X worth it.

xTrixieHD

Is the fury x worth it, are the drivers unstable and early. do no games support it?

i need to know!

EDIT: forget about the price, is it an unstable pos?

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

no, id get the 980ti. imo

01101110 01101111 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

Main Rig: i7-4790K | Corsair H100i | Asus Z97 | 16GB Ripjaws | 4TB WD Black/512GB SSD | x2 R9 290x | NZXT H440 | HX1000i | 6 Noctuas   [spoiler=SILENT BUILD] Silent build: i5-4460, Be Quiet! Pure Rock, Asrock H97, 8GB HyperX, Samsung 850 Evo 500gb, MSI GTX 970, Be Quiet! Silent Base 800, EVGA Supernova GS 650w 

AMD CPU's. [spoiler=] thats right m8 get 420 no scoped 

Its a good card but useless for anything other than 4K.

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Its a good card but useless for anything other than 4K.

What do you mean by useless?

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

I would say wait for drivers to come out and see what happens. Drivers may improve performance. 

Most Fury X's on the market are early production units and they have some problems(coil whine and pump noise) so i would suggest wait for AMD to fix the problems in a future Fury X product. 

I would say wait for drivers to come out and see what happens. Drivers and improve performance. 

Most Fury X's on the market are early production units and they have some problems(coil whine and pump noise) so i would suggest wait for AMD to fix the problems in a future Fury X product. 

Alright, thanks.

p.s put on your tinfoil hat, the spambots are here.

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

Alright, thanks.

p.s put on your tinfoil hat, the spambots are here.

I mean to say Drivers may improve performance.

But again wait, there's always something that may be wrong at lanuch.......

I would say wait for drivers to come out and see what happens. *Drivers may improve performance. 

Well, in terms of the material you get, its pretty worth it... But in terms of performance.... maybe or maybe not...

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

i dont think it is worth it, because it is the same price as the 980 ti, which outperforms it more often then not. if it was 50-100$ cheaper, i would say yes. right now though, no. 

What i would say is. 

AMD is falling behind on performance again. :( really hoped they toke the cake for this one. 

Fury x isnt worth it. 

980ti has 6gb vram

fury x 4gb 

980ti overall better performance 

fury x sometimes just in the margin of error and in other programs a lot of fps. 

GTX 980Ti clear winner for me. 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

Is the fury x worth it, are the drivers unstable and early. do no games support it?

i need to know!

EDIT: forget about the price, is it an unstable pos?

Its good if you´re a fan of AMD. If you dont care about brand, then the 980Ti is a bit faster for the same price and overclocks better too.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

The fury X beats out the titan X in most cases at 4k, and goes toe to toe, beating mant times the 980ti at 4k. I'd preferably go with the fury X, just so i can have that sexy card with water cooling. get either which ticks your fancy, the prices are almost identical, and the performance difference is negligible.

At 1080p? No, 980ti or titan X is faster, but for 1080p, please.. don't buy either of those. Go geta 970 or 290X.  

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

What i would say is. 

AMD is falling behind on performance again. :( really hoped they toke the cake for this one. 

Fury x isnt worth it. 

980ti has 6gb vram

fury x 4gb 

980ti overall better performance 

fury x sometimes just in the margin of error and in other programs a lot of fps. 

GTX 980Ti clear winner for me. 

4gb of HBM is far, far different than 6gb of standard gddr5. hence, why there is such a massive change in performance from 1080p and 4k. And why it can't complete at 1080p, but beats out many times the 980ti at 4k.

In essence, you cannot compare regular gddr5, to HMB memory. It's somewhat similar to the change from ddr2 and ddr3, but... it's so different, but if it helps, think of it as that kind of change.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

4gb of HBM is far, far different than 6gb of standard gddr5. hence, why there is such a massive change in performance from 1080p and 4k. And why it can't complete at 1080p, but beats out many times the 980ti at 4k.

HBM is the only asset that AMD holds right now. And its not enough for me. 

And if HBM will be used by other companies AMD will lose ground again. 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

Is it worth it? Yea sure.

Is it the best value for your money? As it stands no, the 980ti trumps it.

That could change as the drivers mature but that's also a selling point for the 980ti... AMD drivers tend to take longer than you'd want to mature ;) And if your an overclocker unless they start unlocking things its a bit of a dud, if the do unlock the memory (which we now know they can) and Vcore who knows... maybe it'll keep up with a 980ti... then again, maybe not...

What do you mean by useless?

Most benchmarks of the card really only see it perfmorming much better when on 4k compared to other resolutions

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

the card is stable and useable,

it comes in at 180€ less than a 980 ti here, but it performs under a 980ti.

Conclusion : you want almost 980 ti performance at ~180€ less ( but you do lose 2gb vram ) ?

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

Not worth it unless new drivers significantly improve performance and fix the issues it has with some games.

On top of that it does not currently overclock any significant amount

And then there are the issues with pump whine.

When priced the same as a 980Ti, it's just not worth it if your buying now / before they fix these 3 issues.

This is HWC overclocking section of their EVGA SSC.. note that I've seen better overclocking results but they managed 1400~ stable and reasonably quiet
Voltage was the limiting factor in this.. Damn Nvidia and their artificial limits.. really annoying. :(

EVGA-GTX-980-TI-86.jpg

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

for me the main killer for fury X (and any other amd card) is CCC.

its a very personal issue, but the fact i never managed to get vsync working on my HD 5770 kinda put me off...

(fyi, the card died because any and every game would max it out 100%, eventually destroying the fan bearings.)

The fury X beats out the titan X in most cases at 4k, and goes toe to toe, beating mant times the 980ti at 4k. I

At 4K @ stock clocks, averaged over a number of games

The Titan X solidly beats the Fury X.  The 980ti beats it by a couple of percent.

When all overclocked the Titan X and 980ti pull way ahead as the Fury X has almost no overclocking headroom.  Not to mention the aftermarket air cooled versions which do even better.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/R9_Fury_X/31.html

At 4K @ stock clocks, averaged over a number of games

The Titan X solidly beats the Fury X.  The 980ti beats it by a couple of percent.

When all overclocked the Titan X and 980ti pull way ahead as the Fury X has almost no overclocking headroom.  Not to mention the aftermarket air cooled versions which do even better.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/R9_Fury_X/31.html

I'm not actually sure what you were trying to prove, you literaly just provided proof for my case >.> 

And, just as I said, the fury X does go toe to toe with the 980ti, which is almost solidly at the top of all those games. Beating it in a good number, and losing in some. 

In bioshock, it beat everything. (save dual gpu solutions.)

In alien, it loses to the 980ti at 1080p, but beats the 980ti once again at 4k. 

AC Unity, it beats everything once again at 4k  (save dual gpu solutions.)

it loses out on batman.

It beats everything on Battlefield 3 (save dual gpu solutions.)

It loses out on BF 4

It loses out in CoD

It beats everything in Civ (save dual gpu solutions.)

It beats everything in Crysis  (save dual gpu solutions.)

It beats everything in Dead Rising 2 (save dual gpu solutions.)

It loses out in Dragon Age

It beats everything in Farcry, even kicking down the 295, the one card on here consistently at the top.

It loses out in GTA

It loses out in Metro

It loses out, as expected in Project cars, a very hard leaning Nvidia title.

I beats the 980ti in Ryse

It beats everything in Shadow of Mordor (save dual gpu solutions.)

It beats the 980ti in the Witcher

It beats everything in Tomb Raider (save dual gpu solutions.)

It barely loses out in Watch dogs

It loses out in Wolfenstein

It loses out in WoW

In total, beating the 980ti 11/22 times

and beats the Titan 7/22 times

The 980ti does not at all beat the titan x in their testing.

For the same price as the 980ti, and getting 50/50 performance in their testing for and against, but many times when being in favor, being in favor enough to knock the Titan X, a $1,000 gpu down, I don't know. That seems pretty god damned nice to me if I were gaming at 4k. Seems, dare I say, Like a more performance driven, non-budget imploding solution. But then again, it's beaten many, many times by the 295, which is only about $600 right now. If I wanted to do some heavy 4k gaming and could only fit 1 card in my case, It'd be with that behemoth.

I'm not actually sure what you were trying to prove, you literaly just provided proof for my case >.> 

And, just as I said, the fury X does go toe to toe with the 980ti, which is almost solidly at the top of all those games. Beating it in a good number, and losing in some. 

In bioshock, it beat everything. (save dual gpu solutions.)

In alien, it loses to the 980ti at 1080p, but beats the 980ti once again at 4k. 

AC Unity, it beats everything once again at 4k  (save dual gpu solutions.)

it loses out on batman.

It beats everything on Battlefield 3 (save dual gpu solutions.)

It loses out on BF 4

It loses out in CoD

It beats everything in Civ (save dual gpu solutions.)

It beats everything in Crysis  (save dual gpu solutions.)

It beats everything in Dead Rising 2 (save dual gpu solutions.)

It loses out in Dragon Age

It beats everything in Farcry, even kicking down the 295, the one card on here consistently at the top.

It loses out in GTA

It loses out in Metro

It loses out, as expected in Project cars, a very hard leaning Nvidia title.

I beats the 980ti in Ryse

It beats everything in Shadow of Mordor (save dual gpu solutions.)

It beats the 980ti in the Witcher

It beats everything in Tomb Raider (save dual gpu solutions.)

It barely loses out in Watch dogs

It loses out in Wolfenstein

It loses out in WoW

In total, beating the 980ti 11/22 times

and beats the Titan 7/22 times

The 980ti does not at all beat the titan x in their testing.

For the same price as the 980ti, and getting 50/50 performance in their testing for and against, but many times when being in favor, being in favor enough to knock the Titan X, a $1,000 gpu down, I don't know. That seems pretty god damned nice to me if I were gaming at 4k. Seems, dare I say, Like a more performance driven, non-budget imploding solution. But then again, it's beaten many, many times by the 295, which is only about $600 right now. If I wanted to do some heavy 4k gaming and could only fit 1 card in my case, It'd be with that behemoth.

I quoted what you said which was:

The fury X beats out the titan X in most cases at 4k, 

Both what I just quoted and what you just quoted shows that not to be true.  You even bolded the part where you got it wrong.  

normally I'm a fan of AMD but the Fury X is kind of a joke. A Proof of concept nothing more. At $600 a card, the performance is not even laughable. Its just down right disappointing. If your spending $600 the 980 has it beat hands down no questions asked. 

(ooh AMD.... you disappoint me again.... 3rd time in 2 years they are on a roll..)

Thanks Guys! Fullmetal

You must NEVER go over 20% fan speed. ~ "Why's that?"~ Why do airport personnel wear hearing protection?

It's a yes or no answer.

Right now, no... My reasoning?  First off drivers aren't that great right now "it is AMD..." so just wait maybe a few weeks for proper drivers they will come.

A 980ti is basically just a stripped down Titan X, so I always compare both the same but only the reference 980ti's.   The Fury X should be slightly better  and only time will answer that with drivers.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress