I'd love some tips if anyone plays BF4

Can someone confirm for me that is there any kind of ping limits on servers? Do they allow players with more than 200 ping?

they do, i have seen ping in the 600's

they do, i have seen ping in the 600's

I am not really sure what you saw but I read on their forums that they don't allow players more thank 200ms.I really want to biy this game but this is the only factor holding me off.

I am not really sure what you saw but I read on their forums that they don't allow players more thank 200ms.I really want to biy this game but this is the only factor holding me off.

was it a dice rep who said that? i'll admit the ui if bf4 could have been displaying false pings, its happened before, but i have seen a fair bit higher than 200 like 220-300. it might have been a server that kicks people for high pings, there are some of those. most people are in the ping 50-120 range tho, not as many high pingers these days

On privately owned servers it is completely up to the server owner on the settings used, and I see people getting kicked from the servers I play on quite often from being above the ping limit.  So unless you have terrible internet or no servers near you it shouldn't be an issue.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

LOL...I don't even play Metro or Lockers.

Those are just meat grinders and I just don't have the reflexes for it.

Ya its pretty chaotic, its not to bad if you can place yourself in a decent squad though.

I haven't played a ton of recon, it's my least played class, but I can give some general tips.
1.One thing I am surprised no one mentioned is customizing your hit marker colors. that is something that has improved my game a lot. I use blue for regular hit markers, purple for headshots and red for kill indicator. this has been one of the changes that has helped me the most. the colors aren't the important part, what is, is that they are visually distinctive to give you as much information as possible.
2.As a recon I have had the most success by sticking to one sniper rifle and learning it, for me it was the srr-61, but use whatever you are comfortable with and learn how far to lead your running opponents, nothing more satisfying than getting a headshot on a running enemy.
3. SPOT, SPOT, SPOT. this is one of the most helpful things you can do as a recon who is farther back from the action or on a rooftop, especially whith how reliant people are on the mini map in bf4
4. The recon class, imo, has the most versatility in the game. don't be afraid to pull out some c4 if tanks are wrecking your team, or put a spawn beacon closer to the action than you normally would to help push an objective.
5. This one may sound kinda obvious, but play to have fun, whatever that means. For me I use some weapons that don't see much use, like the pdw-r or the as-val or the l-85 and the f2000, if doing some long range sniping is what is fun for you then do that, after all what is the point in playing if you don't have fun.

edit: forgot about symthic, look them up; they have all the the info on every weapon in the game except shotgun spread, it might seem daunting but the 2 most important stats for snipers are damage and bullet travel speed

#1 Is a great Idea I never thought about doing that, I changed my hipfire reticule to purple though.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

I've been playing now for around two weeks so pretty new, it's a struggle going from a console pad to keyboard and mouse but I'm starting to get the grasp of it now. The video I posted was from a Noob server lol! Thanks for the tips greatly appreciated. 

It was a huge struggle for me too, thought I would never get better. But I practiced and practiced...decent on BF3/4 now. Soon enough you will be sniping and gaming like a pro. ;)

Yea, be careful on those severs; clans like to come in every so often to "dominate" the weak.  :rolleyes:  If you want a server with people of high skill look for the server with the text "where the weak are killed and eaten" or something like that. Tough server, generally has some talent behind it.

Yeah...and lying on that hill two meters from out of bounds,waiting for some idiot to step into your crosshairs....that does not win objectives. It actually does nothing but boost the individuals stats.

I know most long range snipers think they contribute...they don't.

I like seeing guys play Recon just to go after these snipers though and Russkhof is my hero...I get giddy when he humiliates somebody like that.

Did you notice that when he sneaks up behind those campers he is out of bounds? Like an arms length away from them?

These guys purposely go as far away from the action as possible...out of bounds and two paces back. Zero help to their team...just occupying a slot that a good assault/support/engineer could be using.

I do have a recon loadout that I use....it's a full auto carbine,a spawn beacon and a Mav that I use to take out enemy mortars and spawn beacons...and an occasional explosive if I catch a Dorito standing close enough to it.lol...

When I say camper...I'm not talking about the guy hiding in a shipping container while the flag is coming down or going up. I mean the guys out of range of the actual game and just picking off stragglers for KDR.

True, for objectives the campers aren't of much help if they sit about the entire match (at least move around to a new spot every once and a while). But complaining about snipers camping is really stupid. I mean like really stupid, and childish. Snipers shouldn't and couldn't act like the rest of the team; they need to stay behind and server from afar, even if the kills aren't ten+. Because snipers aren't generally going to be making the same amount of kills as those running about in the battlefield. They serve an entirely different purpose compared to the rest; observation, excellent rear-defenders (even if the kills are "stragglers" and the occasional "need" to kill to keep the team defended. So camping is perfectly fine for them.

I know what a camper is, and I don't consider someone waiting around a corner for the flag guy/etc to be a camper either—that's tactic, even if unacceptable to others. :) So to explain some of the different campers' reasoning; there aren't a lot of sniping positions, they have to take what they get. Also they can't be too close to the combat or risk being scene, and they also cannot be too close to their teammates. The real issue is when there are four+ of them in one spot, or ten gagillion snipers when so many is absolutely useless. Also, I also find it irritating when we have four snipers barely in the map doing nothing but waiting about even when it is clear the team needs their help or no one is heading through their range of shot.

For me I only play on 64 player servers when sniping, because the job is needed. I stay with a group of two, with no other sniper in the team, and pick a high position. I then defend those two people as long as I can picking off the people doing a sweep around or behind us. I also defend other high positions against enemy snipers, so that they do not get an advantage of the field and start destroying my team, also pick off enemy snipers hidden in hills or around objects my team can't get too—most of which is accomplished due to "camping" (gotta pay attention though or you are doomed like those in that video). For objective games I hurry to the objective and either 1) pick off the enemy within before moving in to secure it 2) use it to secure the position if no one is there. Once my team has secured locations I pick up an enemy gun and I change my tactic.

But "camping" is both a valid tactic and a vital one for the sniper class.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Come play CS where campers are a legit strategy, please come rambo me, i will put you down with a 1 deag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMYlWUGAGYo

Anyone can play BF well LOL

AMD Phenom II B55 Quad / unlocked dual core 4.3ghz CB R15 = CB 422
XFX R9 390 8GB MY RIG: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/MVwQsY
Fastest 7770 on LTT . 3rd Fastest Phenom II Quad on LTT

PCSX2 on AMD CPU? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/412377-pcsx2-emulator-4096x2160-amd-phenom-ii/#entry5550588