Some a**hole threw a rock through my window!

JaZoN_XD

Some dipshi*t threw a rock through my house's window at 4:05 AM. My mom, dad and grandparents and I were in the house at that time but I was the only who heard it and was awaken. I heard the window being broken then I heard footsteps running away (only one person, it sounded like) and I went to wake up my parents. We called the police and we found a rock hanging in the curtain as the curtain caught the rock. The police's best guess is that some teenager or some kid was out and about, up to no good. One of the officers gave us this occurrence # and explained he was going to file a report so that we can do an insurance claim if we wanted to. What should I do next? Any help would be greatly appreciated. (At the time of writing this, it is the afternoon of that same day and it's raining like crazy, we put cardboard to try and block out the rain but it's slowly soaking the cardboard up.)

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING B550M Plus
  • Ryzen 5 5600X undervolted
  • Gigabyte VISION OC RTX 3070 undervolted
  • 32GB Teamgroup Dark Alpha 3600 MHz CL18
  • Corsair TX750M
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro & Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
  • Logitech G27 with pedals and H-shifter
  • TrackIR 4

someone loves you!

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

insurance claim nothing else

also cellophane 

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Probably not worth the insurance claim deductible is probably the cost of a new window.

Garbage bag a new piece of cardboard temporarily so it's waterproof at least but yeah maybe a security camera near the front of the house if your worried about it happening again I guess.

Are you asking what to do about the window or about someone throwing the rock?

Cardboard is not a good choice for the window. Some plastic or vinyl material is a better choice. Somthing waterproof.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Just generally what to do about both the window and (possibly) preventing or at least deterring the person from doing it again. I am looking for some low cost or at least cost-efficient methods. Thanks all.

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • Corsair TX750M

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • TrackIR 4

Some dipshi*t threw a rock through my house's window at 4:05 AM. My mom, dad and grandparents and I were in the house at that time but I was the only who heard it and was awaken. I heard the window being broken then I heard footsteps running away (only one person, it sounded like) and I went to wake up my parents. We called the police and we found a rock hanging in the curtain as the curtain caught the rock. The police's best guess is that some teenager or some kid was out and about, up to no good. One of the officers gave us this occurrence # and explained he was going to file a report so that we can do an insurance claim if we wanted to. What should I do next? Any help would be greatly appreciated. (At the time of writing this, it is the afternoon of that same day and it's raining like crazy, we put cardboard to try and block out the rain but it's slowly soaking the cardboard up.)

Maybe wait late at night. And hide and see if you can the person again. Of course with a crowbar or something to teach that little dipshit a lesson.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

-snip-

Where's the brick?

Just generally what to do about both the window and (possibly) preventing or at least deterring the person from doing it again. I am looking for some low cost or at least cost-efficient methods. Thanks all.

If they're going to be a dick they're going to be a dick so not much in most cases but remove any baseball sized stones from the garden if you have any.

If they're going to be a dick they're going to be a dick so not much in most cases but remove any baseball sized stones from the garden if you have any.

LOL our garden is LITERALLY FILLED with those stones he used to bash the window. We can't "remove" those xD. I think I'm going to try and wait at night maybe with like a golf club or something. Maybe I should go to Walmart and get a cheap baseball bat.

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • Corsair TX750M

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • TrackIR 4

LOL our garden is LITERALLY FILLED with those stones he used to bash the window. We can't "remove" those xD. I think I'm going to try and wait at night maybe with like a golf club or something. Maybe I should go to Walmart and get a cheap baseball bat.

Hard times are coming upon us. Hopefully it's a one time occurrence.

Looks like Life's physics engine needs to be tweaked. I've also seen some glitches with rocks. Note to the Devs: I believe nukes need to be nerfed, and seriously, the rumors about a sequel need to be addressed!

I don't do signatures.