condom that changes colour

jos
A condom that changes colour when it comes into contact with sexually transmitted infections has been invented by a group of school children.

The 'S.T.EYE' has a built-in indicator to detect infections such as chlamydia and syphilis, turning a different colour depending on the strain of bacteria present.

It is the brainchild Daanyaal Ali, 14, Muaz Nawaz, 13 and Chirag Shah, 14, pupils at Isaac Newton Academy in Ilford, Essex, who wanted to "make detecting harmful STIs safer than ever before" without the need for invasive tests.

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/love-sex/a-condom-that-changes-colour-when-it-comes-into-contact-with-stis-has-been-invented-by-a-group-of-school-pupils-10339578.html

Yeah the problem is people actually need to USE IT.

Isn't that always the issue with introducing new tech into a market?

My thoughts on this are: who exactly is going to check the damn thing instead of just sticking it in?

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary RAM: Kingston HyperX 1600MHz 8GB (2x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 750Ti
Case: Corsair Air 240 White Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB PSU: Corsair CX500 Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: SteelSeries Kinzu V2 Operating System: Windows 8.1N

If it costs more than a normal condom then it probably will not see much use...

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

I love how the first 3 posts have been about this been negative. I think any help to prevent disease are great 

I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic. It's a damn fantastic idea, people actually need to use it.

Isn't that always the issue with introducing new tech into a market?

My thoughts on this are: who exactly is going to check the damn thing instead of just sticking it in?

Well, not even really tech. Just condoms in general.

Yeah the problem is people actually need to USE IT.

Or maybe people should stop using sex as an ice breaker.

#foreveraloneandjealous

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

So your telling me people plan on looking for a god damn colour instead of using it the way it was intended to?

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Or maybe people should stop using sex as an ice breaker.

#foreveraloneandjealous

wait, Have I been doing this wrong?

So your telling me people plan on looking for a god damn colour instead of using it the way it was intended to?

Having another layer of protection is bad? its like asking why do we need airbags if we already have seatbelts? why the hell do we need cars with crumple zones, shouldn't people just drive properly? shit happens. 

wait, Have I been doing this wrong?

-snip 

All I know is that people seem to sleep with each other at the drop of a hat (except with me of course lol). The less you know someone, the more likely they are to jump into bed with you....apparently. (again, only if you're not me)

All I know is that people seem to sleep with each other at the drop of a hat (except with me of course lol). The less you know someone, the more likely they are to jump into bed with you....apparently. (again, only if you're not me)

you're going after the wrong people lol. from personal experience, the people that sleep with each other on the drop of the hat are not the people you would want to have sex with.... those kinds of people are the reason these exist lol. Honestly its great if you can't take someones word or not if they are clean. just another line of defense. 

you're going after the wrong people lol. from personal experience, the people that sleep with each other on the drop of the hat are not the people you would want to have sex with.... those kinds of people are the reason these exist lol. Honestly its great if you can't take someones word or not if they are clean. just another line of defense. 

Oh I know this is a good thing, but people should still....stop doing that.

shouldn't people just drive properly?

Kinda, yeah actually. :P

Oh I know this is a good thing, but people should still....stop doing that.

teenagers i tell ya

teenagers i tell ya

Not just them, young adults (people in their 20's.....except me) are apparently just as screw happy.

I hope it works both ways. So that it changes colour as it comes in contact with the other person as well.

Although.. Sticking it in and seeing it change colour will be pretty terrible. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I hope it works both ways. So that it changes colour as it comes in contact with the other person as well.

"Wait a minute.. that color ain't on the chart..."

"Wait a minute.. that color ain't on the chart..."

Pitch black and glowing faintly green xD

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I guess you could technically dress anything in the condom and stick it in.

So you don't have to risk the valuables.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

"what do you mean 'don't take it out of the case' I thought you were kidding!"

Good job, you've stuck it up Venom's butt.

I guess you could technically dress anything in the condom and stick it in.

So you don't have to risk the valuables.

I think he/she/both might react poorly if i reach for a broom handle

Good job, you've stuck it up Venom's butt.

You bring up a good point. Would it react to the regular bacteria in the butt? 

Another thing that would be bad is that i'm quite thurough when it comes to foreplay..

If the condom changes colour i'd probably be in the bathroom drinking drain cleaner....

You bring up a good point. Would it react to the regular bacteria in the butt? 

Another thing that would be bad is that i'm quite thurough when it comes to foreplay..

If the condom changes colour i'd probably be in the bathroom drinking drain cleaner....

Well.. there's only one way to find out.

Well.. there's only one way to find out.

Right. When they are finally on the market it will be time for some research xD

+ found the perfect reaction gif 

When the condom changes colour

p0oLH3l.gif

Not a bad plan tbh. Not cheap though. 

Also, it can't possibly be sensitive to all of them, and may give a false sense of security and may lead to more promiscuity.

I'd like to point out that they haven't actually made any. They merely came up with a neat idea.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.