R9 fury x sold out

marldorthegreat

THIS MEANS SOME OF YALL ARE LYING ABOUT NOT GETTING ONE.

Lol honestly this is cool.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I'm not sure why people are complaining about the benchmarks, it's a completely new card, with a type of memory never used before, before we can judge it we need to wait a few months for decent drivers.

Yeah sorry 33k units

AMD representative already debunked the "30k units" rumor a few weeks ago.

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

You are missing the point. Price per FPS.

The 980 Ti wins in price per fps.

The 980 Ti performs the same at stock clocks as the Fury X for the same price(in the US). Overclocked the 980 Ti is faster by a good margin that would when paired with the extra VRAM make it a more compelling offer even it was more expensive. Not to mention that you don't have to deal with mounting a 120mm RAD when you buy a 980 Ti and all of the extra failure points being cooling by an AIO brings.

I brought all this up in some of my later posts, nice job not reading through the thread.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Same price in the US for reference cards. But reference 980 Ti runs hotter and noisier. Non-reference 980ti is more expensive. Moreover, in some countries, Fury X is cheaper than reference 980Ti, etc in UK, £509 vs £550.

Can confirm, Fury X at the base price is £509 on OCUK's site.

I am getting a F-X when I save up I get paid tomorrow ;D

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

When the difference is 4 fps on each benchmark it really comes down to what other features it has to offer. There is no reason not to get a fury x.

http://wccftech.com/amds-radeon-r9-fury-sold-out-day-launch/

ust yesterday, AMD launched their brand new Radeon R9 Fury X flagship graphic card. And within 24 hours of launch every single SKU on the market is sold out. All the big etailers including Amazon and Newegg are currently going through the restocking phase with cards listed as ‘Out of Stock’. This is both very promising and could be potentially alarming for the product at the same time. The sell out indicates an absolutely killer demand for the card while the 24 hour time period indicates a rather limited initial quantity of cards (available to the etailer).

Sold Out = "Everyone's buying it, it must be good." "I can't have one? I MUST HAVE ONE NOW." "It's rare, like Diamonds, so I'll pay 100x the cost for it!"

I mean, this tactic works, even if you prove it's happening. People just can't resist. And it's really not a tactic that can hurt their brand name, cause it's not THAT evil to do.

"A rather limited initial quantity of cards." To me, this just means they didn't want to overproduce? Why were they scared to over produce their Titan X killer? If it just lives up to the hype, IT WILL kill it, no reason to not send out enough for people to replace their Titan Xs immediately. :D

7800X3D - MSI B650 MAG Tomahawk - 32GB 6000mhz CL30 - Gigabyte 3080 TI - 2TB NVME - 1000w PSU - ID Cooling 240mm AIO

Once the initial batch of people get them and see they aren't 980 Ti killers I think word of mouth may spread.

The initial people that buy them are guys that need the newest gadget and are team red no matter what.

I'd buy the 980 Ti for the exact same price no doubt. It's basically a Titan X.  However, I don't need a new card until Pascal comes.

Well. "Real" Benchmarks are out now. Max OC 980ti vs max OC Fury X vs max OC 980.

Fury X falls behind a common 980 then, not only behind the 980ti.

Watch Jay's review for numbers.

This is what i was talking about earlier. The Fury X can not be updated by partners and it is almost already at the OC limit out of the box.

If you just want a stock card (god knows why anyone would want that tho), it is trading blows, yes. But as soon as you buy a partner card, or watercool it, or just OC the 980ti,... it is not even close anymore.

I was one of the people hitting F5 all day, Newegg never got these cards in stock. The second they posted they were marked as sold out. If they say that's selling well then I think we can NOT take their word for much of anything. I mean they did say it was going to beat the Titan X and 980 ti and we all see how that played out.