[official] Batman: Arkham Knight PC sales suspended [updated]

zMeul

At least they are doing something about it....

meanwhile Assasins Creed Unity is still terrible

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just going to leave this here.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/batman-arkham-knight

FYI that's 1.2 points lower then Unity.

who exactly? because the gamers are the ones ending up with a swollen lip, devs and publishers got their money from pre-orders - at this point hey can even call it quits and give the middle finger to everyone

They got mass refunded on, it doesnt matter if you preordered the game, as long as you didnt play more then 2 hours of it and it hasnt been two weeks you can get a refund. By logic I would assume the 2 weeks starts once the game is actually delivered and not when you pre-order it.

I can't get 30 fps on my 970

Its a pretty demanding game... Are you seriously not getting 60fps @ 1080?

So fine that I have to restart it every hour due to a VRAM leak making it stutter and that 7950 ownders have to play  720p on minimum settings to get 30FPS.

Im yet to experience this issue personally, its not good that's its affecting users however if its a console game then its designed from the ground up to use 6gb of VRAM...

I feel a 7950 should be able to run it as well as the xbone (they are roughly as powerful as each other). Do we know that the xbone is even running 900p/1080p?

It's not tied to game speed. It just messes with physics and rendering. Do you have City? If you do, you can see what I mean by playing through the first Steel Mill visit with an uncapped frame rate. Specifically, the room with the bumper cars. Also try doing ground takedowns at 300FPS for some entertainment.

A big part of the issue is loading. In Asylum and City at least, having a higher frame rate actually reduces load times, and sometimes things don't load correctly or fully in time.

I do have it, I havnt modified the ini as yet. @ 4k Im only getting 40fps any way so I haven't bothered.

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

Its a pretty demanding game... Are you seriously not getting 60fps @ 1080?

Im yet to experience this issue personally, its not good that's its affecting users however if its a console game then its designed from the ground up to use 6gb of VRAM...

I feel a 7950 should be able to run it as well as the xbone (they are roughly as powerful as each other). Do we know that the xbone is even running 900p/1080p?

I do have it, I havnt modified the ini as yet. @ 4k Im only getting 40fps any way so I haven't bothered.

XBone's GPU is equivalent to to a 7790/R7 260X/R7 360. No typo there. It runs at 900p and technically higher than max PC settings without GameWorks. Remember that Rocksteady didn't make the PC version though; that was made by 12 people with no PC experience in two months, and is literally in alpha when you think about it.

Gotta be the funniest thing ever. This might backfire on the PC market though. Next time they just won't bother with the PC port at all.  Either that or it will be good news and Rocksteady will port it themselves and take their damn time.

The problem is that gsync and freesync is useless at that low fps (gsync is working on 30 fps, but not below).

And since its what they are pushing these days, so are a lot of people unhappy because there stuff cant be fully used.

G sync works below 30 FPS.  

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

source: https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/June-24-Update-on-PC-Version-of-Arkham-Knight/m-p/575332#U575332

---

people of (PC) gaming: STOP PRE-ORDERING!  <_<

god dammit!

Pre ordering didn't break the game.

Plus steam refunds.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Thank Gaben I got the game for free and didn't spend a dime on it :D

We take these issues very seriously and have therefore decided to suspend future game sales of the PC version while we work to address these issues to satisfy our quality standards. 

Nice "quality standards" they have there when they can't even test their game and see if it works at 60FPS on something like a GTX-970 and a decent i5.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Unfortunately, the frame rate does have notable effects on the game's engine and physics, so some things actually don't work at more than 30FPS. Asylum and City were locked at 62FPS for that reason (and trust me, you DO NOT want to uncap those unless you want to laugh). They aren't going to uncap it.

Yeah but this time they were using the UE3 engine, something that should be mastered. I can play a $20 that does 144fps and supports 240 fps for when monitors start supporting it.

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

At least they are doing something about it....

meanwhile Assasins Creed Unity is still terrible

Is it? I heard after numerous patches it is now better on both AMD and Nvidia (with newest drivers).

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

I can't get 30 fps on my 970

Here is what I got on my system. I'm still capped at 30fps

Running 1440p max settings. Everything on except vsync

During a chase scene in the batmobile

2015-06-25 01:04:02 - BatmanAK

Frames: 1055 - Time: 34726ms - Avg: 30.381 - Min: 21 - Max: 33

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Unfortunately, the frame rate does have notable effects on the game's engine and physics, so some things actually don't work at more than 30FPS. Asylum and City were locked at 62FPS for that reason (and trust me, you DO NOT want to uncap those unless you want to laugh). They aren't going to uncap it.

It's not as bad as you are making it out to be. City ran at 144fps fine for me, albeit the game engine not bothering to use 100% gpu resulting in random framedrops while grappel-ing and flying around. 

The only thing i noticed was that sometimes bodies would go flying into the air for no reason during combat. This was particularly bad in Origins.

Yeah but this time they were using the UE3 engine, something that should be mastered. I can play a $20 that does 144fps and supports 240 fps for when monitors start supporting it.

Massively This. 

Sanctum 2, for example. An awesome indie game that runs PERFECTLY at 144fps for me without any hitches at all and uses UE3. 

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

I played it on ps4 and there's even issues on there. there's a shadow glitch with the bat mobile

CPU: Intel 5930K - GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti SSCMotherboard: Asus X-99 PRO/USB 3.1 - RAM: 32GB HyperX Savage @ 2800mhz CL14  Case: Phtanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass - Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 / Fractal Design Venturi Fans Storage: PNY XLR8 120 GB SSD (OS) + Seagate 2TB HDD (Games)

Does anyone know if I can still redeem a Nvidia game code for the game? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Can anyone answer if people can refund the game on steam even if they have played it more than 2 hours?

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Does anyone know if I can still redeem a Nvidia game code for the game? 

This is not an direct or exact answer.  But they said that the game is suspended from sales.  This shouldn't affect activation of existing codes.

This is not an direct or exact answer.  But they said that the game is suspended from sales.  This shouldn't affect activation of existing codes.

I not sure if I want to try, maybe if I hold out Nvidia will retract the code and give out a new promo.  :P

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

I not sure if I want to try, maybe if I hold out Nvidia will retract the code and give out a new promo.  :P

That is as hopeful as WB fixing all of Batman AK's issues by the end of the week. :P

That is as hopeful as WB fixing all of Batman AK's issues by the end of the week. :P

LOL, 

I know but the key is valid for 30 daysand Im not in any hurry.

Spoiler

Obviously they completely underestimated the reaction from the PC community, in comparison to console peasants, we don't accept this kind of crap. If anything they are in even more wrong now, they knew they were releasing a completely broken game and still did it anyway.

Remember that console peasants doesn't usually have the problem we PC twats have.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

Question: was it confirmed for SteamOS before the sales suspension? I don't ever remember reading about that.

post-72122-0-32379100-1435216116_thumb.j

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

Question: was it confirmed for SteamOS before the sales suspension? I don't ever remember reading about that.

They put that notice up the day before sales of the game were suspended, so I would guess so.

I have the fps cap set to 60. I have not had any issue until just now, it was eating RAM like candy, windows stepped in before it all went tits up. Interesting..