Program to measure package loss of real useage

samcool55

Hi!

I have some tiny issues with my internet. The speed is fine, but sometimes it feels like my connection is very very slow.

During some testing i found out when i was pinging google, a time-out appeared now and then. Not a good sign.

So i'm wondering that explains the issue with my connection feeling slow sometimes.

Now, is there a program that can measue all the packages and tell me if some of them get lost?

I know there are ping tests that measure package loss during a test,

But i want something that checks if there are any losses with the packages of my real useage.

Any suggestions?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

@samcool55 You could use Wireshark? There are tools on there to measure packet loss and other things, it is really good for getting information about your traffic.

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

@Bittenfleax @zMeul I'll check the programs out, let's hope they help me with diagnosing the issue!

edit: trying wireshark atm, and it looks really not that good at all.

Sometimes up to 50% of the screen is just pure messages of retransfers because they got lost.

Going to contact ISP about this, this is really bad.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon