Are you getting tired of it?

Yeah. We shouldnt be reminded of our differences. Its rude to everyone not involved and reason to live for others.

In these situations im tempted to tell a story about this one girl said no to me but I didnt listen. At this point I usually get spat on, but whats even worse, is that she made me buns after. Thats just wrong in so many levels.. Or maybe I just had a better understanding of the situation than anyone I tell that story.

(Yeah. Its true, but doesnt make it a standard.)

When the going gets weirdthe weird turn pro.

Wasn't the whole "PC Master Race" phrase coined to make fun of those who claim PC gaming is superior & take it extremely serious by Yahtzee Croshaw of Zero Punctuation?

I mean in that sense it was kinda funny at first, but the way some of the PC community took it, and wore it proudly on their chest really made me grow tired of it. I even had mates who started using it and displaying it proudly. Whilst I just sat around playing all the fun games across all the platforms enjoying myself lol.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Some jokes might be funny, but they're overdone, and the "Official PCMSTERRACE" is so cringe. "OH BROTHERS, I HAVE ASCENDED"

Maybe the best example of this tokenism is Tim Hunt. Hes done more for the STEM community than any of those tired old hags who wanted hes resignation.

Yeah. We shouldnt be reminded of our differences. Its rude to everyone not involved and reason to live for others.

In these situations im tempted to tell a story about this one girl said no to me but I didnt listen. At this point I usually get spat on, but whats even worse, is that she made me buns after. Thats just wrong in so many levels.. Or maybe I just had a better understanding of the situation than anyone I tell that story.

(Yeah. Its true, but doesnt make it a standard.)

Wtf is buns? She made you like a burger bun? 

Yes, they are very annoying. Much worse than the 13 year old boys on the consoles screaming in your ear. :(

I think it is incredibly stupid to compare the two to try and determine which is "superior". They have different functions, different audiences. One cannot be superior. Yet someone thinks it is entirely logical to compare a far more expensive and multiple purpose platform to a lower cost gaming only platform.

-_-

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Wtf is buns? She made you like a burger bun? 

She baked me buns, like burger buns, because she had nothing to eat and she wanted me to stay. Maybe because I was more determined than her, who knows. (Like in Tims case. Was hes comment about determination, or force?)

I might add that especially women use same parts of the brain to process pain and agony. Men do also, but men handle more pain. You can see it by looking prank videos in Youtube (and ofc, scanning brains)

So were all a bit alexithymic by default. Knowledge of that doesnt change anything. Telling to self-destructive person to stop cutting him/herself isnt going to cut it when it is you who doesnt understand.

But now im getting grim again. Might be agonizing. Go hurt yourself.

http://i.imgur.com/TivYd1U.webm

"PCmasterrace" and "console peasant" are terms used by redditors, autists and kids

Ffs sake, will people stop being dicks to autistic people!

- snip-

I only use the PCMaterRace or Console Peasants terms satirically. 

I really dont care what form you prefer to play games in.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

the only times i used to say pc masterrace was when consoles actually dominated 2009-2013ish, but now its just so annoying, people seem so arrogant saying pc masterrace all the time, and they can say it in sentences in such an obnoxious way its so annoying, the phrase pc masterrace by itself makes me cringe

PC has been my gaming platform of choice since 2006. The whole "PC Master Race" thing pretty much happened overnight, but the general dislike for the way that developers would frequently prioritise consoles and treat PC gamers as third-class citizens has been around since well before I joined the scene. The stereotypical portrayal of a PC gamer between then and now has changed considerably, however. Almost a decade ago, if I told someone that PC was my main gaming platform, they'd think that I was either some sort of basement-dwelling neckbeard that played MMOs all day, or figured I was some nut that enjoyed spending every waking hour on Flash games. These days, if I tell someone that I'm a PC gamer, they see it as a perfectly valid answer (and there's a surprisingly high chance that they may be a PC gamer too!).

I'd argue that the whole console vs. PC mentality really started to heat up in 2007-ish around the time that Crysis was released. Generally, it was always rather accepted that a capable PC was notably more powerful than a console, but Crysis (along with other games thereafter) did a fantastic job of showcasing just what's possible when developers are unshackled from the limitations of stagnant, unchanging hardware. It blew our collective minds!

Generalising the "PC Master Race" crowd on the whole is difficult, though. At the end of the day, I'd say it's not a bad thing. Sure, there are those that take things way too seriously, and occasionally some downright crude or harassing content will hit the front page of the likes of /r/PCMasterRace, but for the most part, PC gamers seem to be an inviting and welcoming crowd. It's kind of nice to have more of a public personality of sorts as well. PC gaming is seen as an actual platform by more and more gamers and developers alike, and I believe that the PCMR satire has had a large part to play in that.

i7-5820K | GTX 980 Ti

The people who use those terms in real life, they get the same treatment that old racist men do. The "oh, thats nice" as the group awkwardly shuffles away from the person and goes back to talking about other things that aren't grounded in silly fanboy tendencies. 

I get a good laugh at the PCMR subreddit, but as always a community built around pretending to be stupid will attract real stupids who think they are in friendly territory, which is what PCMR is going through now. The satire went out the window and was replaced with people actively looking to create drama elsewhere. 

I hate the whole "PCMASTERRACE ALL CONSOLE USERS ARE DUMB PEOPLE, I HATE THEM" thing. I know and agree that computers are clearly better in almost all situations... BUT. Some people just don't care what frame rate the games they are playing run at or what resolution. Some don't want to take the (sometimes a long time sometimes not) to put together a build or possibly pay more (for a better system most of the time) for a pre-built. They also don't want to try and buy/build a small form factor PC sometimes because they think/sometimes it is more difficult to build SFF then a regularly sized PC. Anyways... that being said, I love my computers and do think, especially for my needs, are way better.

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

Some people just don't care what frame rate the games they are playing run at or what resolution.

But to be fair, I think they should. Gamers everywhere would rejoice if everything was capable of running at 60+ FPS with relative consistency.

If nothing else, it would at least be fair to ask for choice. People that want framerate should be able to reduce visual fidelity a bit for smoother gameplay. People that want to indulge in the fanciest graphics at the expense of some performance should also have that option.

Apathy is a key reason that so many games these days dip well below 30 FPS at points. The people that don't care could just leave an option at its default value, but those that do care would certainly appreciate at least some basic control over their experience.

I suppose that's why I'm attracted so heavily to PC. I need the ability to fine-tune the way I enjoy games. Heck, even when I'm emulating old GameCube and Wii games, I find myself using Dolphin's virtual core overclocking to achieve higher framerates than the native consoles were even capable of.

i7-5820K | GTX 980 Ti

This all PCMR bs was supposed to be irony. But, as in all, 12 year olds don't quite grasp irony so they just shitpost indefinitely about it.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

But to be fair, I think they should. Gamers everywhere would rejoice if everything was capable of running at 60+ FPS with relative consistency.

If nothing else, it would at least be fair to ask for choice. People that want framerate should be able to reduce visual fidelity a bit for smoother gameplay. People that want to indulge in the fanciest graphics at the expense of some performance should also have that option.

Apathy is a key reason that so many games these days dip well below 30 FPS at points. The people that don't care could just leave an option at its default value, but those that do care would certainly appreciate at least some basic control over their experience.

I suppose that's why I'm attracted so heavily to PC. I need the ability to fine-tune the way I enjoy games. Heck, even when I'm emulating old GameCube and Wii games, I find myself using Dolphin's virtual core overclocking to achieve higher framerates than the native consoles were even capable of.

I agree totally, consoles have always had the issue of no choice. I might even enjoy playing consoles if I could lower the graphics all the way to play at 60 frames per second... I also agree that people should care... but sadly people don't. I love fine tuning games so that the things I think make games look better are at higher options but things I don't really notice or care about I can turn down for more performance.

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

I agree totally, consoles have always had the issue of no choice. I might even enjoy playing consoles if I could lower the graphics all the way to play at 60 frames per second... I also agree that people should care... but sadly people don't. I love fine tuning games so that the things I think make games look better are at higher options but things I don't really notice or care about I can turn down for more performance.

If only there was an option to choose either 1080 30p or 720 60p on the consoles... 

That would actually be nice. I would choose 720 60p all the time. 

If only there was an option to choose either 1080 30p or 720 60p on the consoles... 

That would actually be nice. I would choose 720 60p all the time. 

Me too.

Build Modulus

Cycling Gear